Can't get Stronghold till next Tuesdays reset

Quraswren

That is the only logical comment I see in this thread. I don't particularly care about the issue, 1 week won't kill me. But why delay our access, which will only encourage people to spend money? I could see if they had split the initial area in half, with a teaser that we could start spending on. But this will just piss people off with no benefit to them.

Agreed. They way bw designed does nothing but piss poeple off so I'd love to hear their reasoning behind it. It's not like SH were some amazing content that holding a week off access would generate for subs or somehow get gamers to spend CC or credits. Whats does the week gain bw? How does it make for a better swtor experience.

None I can currently see. It's more like a you'll wait because bw said so and adds no benefit to the game. I can't even see a good business plan out of it either.

SNIP...

I agree it is nonsensical,

SNIP....

and thats where you should have stopped and started typing.

Now that I think about it. BW should have seen that too and never designed it the way they did. Makes no sense and any support to how bw designed it, no matter if it's 5 days or 7 should be met with negativity.

Delaying it brings no benefit to the game for a SH and was definitely kept hidden from gamers in their "here is what you need to do." post. Do the FP but don't expect to get reward which is why you were running it to start with and how we hyped it to you.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a complete and utter lie. If you expected a new SH to be announced so soon after Mannan, then I'm sorry, we have nothing to discuss. Unless, of course, you want to get into a discussion of what "a while" means.

Even if you are correct, however (which you are not)...OMG, wait 5 days. /dramah

i would call a month+ "a while." more specifically 7/21/2017.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9366529#edit9366529

i can only gather that you are intentionally posting the way you are to rile people up even more; which says more about you than it does about them. personally, i dont do anything in this game quickly, but i get there frustration.

They told us what we had to do to get the stronghold. Nowhere did it mention a cap of any kind and that it would literally not be available to anyone the first week it "dropped."

Agreed. I was looking forward to this patch mainly for the stronghold and was really disappointed to find out that we can't unlock it until next week because of the cap. They even brought back the Gatekeeper's Stronghold pack in the cartel market. Pay money to gamble on furniture items! Aaaand.... no stronghold for you!

Seems like the 60 is an error and it's supposed to be 50 (which would be running the flashpoint 10 times in story mode as I thought was mentioned somewhere previously). However, with the 2 day delay to fix critical bugs, you'd think something like that would have been caught.

Am I missing something? I appear to only be getting 4 Alliance Data or whatever they are when I run the flashpoint in story mode... so 4 x 10 would only be 40. Did they change something else without announcing it... or should I be getting more per run and I'm bugged?

Am I missing something? I appear to only be getting 4 Alliance Data or whatever they are when I run the flashpoint in story mode... so 4 x 10 would only be 40. Did they change something else without announcing it... or should I be getting more per run and I'm bugged?

Have you been doing bonus boss?

Was that the one I saw on the first time through that killed the companion because they stand in stupid and then killed me? If so, then no, haven't done the 'bonus boss'.

Same thing happened to me. I believe it gets a buff if you kill the smaller creatures first? I just left them alone and was able to focus down the big guy. My companion healed through just fine.

Also, it looks like we can get up to 6 Alliance Recon Data on the story mode flashpoint, so I guess 60 is correct after all. Bummer.

Edited by MissyMI

Same thing happened to me. I believe it gets a buff if you kill the smaller creatures first? I just left them alone and was able to focus down the big guy. My companion healed through just fine.

Also, it looks like we can get up to 6 Alliance Recon Data on the story mode flashpoint, so I guess 60 is correct after all. Bummer.

I found him and after he killed me & the companion again, I went to Dulfy... don't kill the adds :X

i can only gather that you are intentionally posting the way you are to rile people up even more; which says more about you than it does about them.

There is a word to describe such people that tends to suit that poster well from my previous experience. Pay them little heed is my advice.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Apparently, bw thoguht it a good idea to make the new Alliance Recon Data turn in for the stronghold 50 per week and it takes 60 to buy it.

You can't get the Stronghold till next Tuesdays reset so you can reach the 60 Alliance Recon Data needed.

I get annoyance at the situation. I think this was an easily avoidable circumstance.

The new method being tested for gaining access to a Stronghold was announced. How many times the new FP had to be done (based on which type of FP) was announced. Having to wait through at least one weekly reset before having a chance to access the new SH was not announced. I think that was a mistake on BW's part.

Edited by Nmyownworld

what kinda baffles me is that they stated that you can buy it for 2 mil. or 5k and some data. and.. that kinda implies that 2 mil means you don't have to farm the data? but the fact that you cannot even acess it at all from anywhere other then your own list once purchased, or from inside the room that requires a 2 week grind to unlock or maybe if you are given individual keys - you cannot even preview someone else's stronghold from a terminal on fleet like you can with every. other. stronghold? is just... what? why?

I found him and after he killed me & the companion again, I went to Dulfy... don't kill the adds :X

Lol now someone tells me. I died the first time with the horrible dps I had (Lana-she barely 12) since I lost Theron and couldn't use Koth the first time. Went back after I finished the story, killed the boss with Koth but still was a pain since I killed the adds first.

what kinda baffles me is that they stated that you can buy it for 2 mil. or 5k and some data. and.. that kinda implies that 2 mil means you don't have to farm the data? but the fact that you cannot even acess it at all from anywhere other then your own list once purchased, or from inside the room that requires a 2 week grind to unlock or maybe if you are given individual keys - you cannot even preview someone else's stronghold from a terminal on fleet like you can with every. other. stronghold? is just... what? why?

Where was it stated you could buy it for 2mill?

I would just be happy with Dev reply explaining it, the silence is deafening...

I would love that. Whats the reasoning? I might could let it slide if there was some logical reason behind delaying a SH of all things but I just can't imagine one so good that it needed to be done.

A smart business move?

Makes the game better?

Pushes a positive effect to the players?

None of those fit. SO what would make bw do something so moronic? Only bw can tell us.

Where was it stated you could buy it for 2mill?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9391469#edit9391469

the phrasing here is.. not exactly clear. I also remember reading original costs for initial room and the 2 added ones being 2 mil to unlock and the other 2 rooms being 800k each, but cannot seem to find that post now.

the fact that they made it so inaccessible in every way is just... baffling to me. more so the fact that you cannot visit other people's public strongholds from fleet, like you can with every other one.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9391469#edit9391469

the phrasing here is.. not exactly clear. I also remember reading original costs for initial room and the 2 added ones being 2 mil to unlock and the other 2 rooms being 800k each, but cannot seem to find that post now.

the fact that they made it so inaccessible in every way is just... baffling to me. more so the fact that you cannot visit other people's public strongholds from fleet, like you can with every other one.

The way I read it (I could be wrong) is that the way they made it this time is with the key we would pay less than normal and the normal price for unlocking a stronghold is normally 2m, not that this stronghold would have 2 ways of purchasing it, just that the price would be cheaper than the normal 2m for unlocking a stronghold.

I would love that. Whats the reasoning? I might could let it slide if there was some logical reason behind delaying a SH of all things but I just can't imagine one so good that it needed to be done.

A smart business move?

Makes the game better?

Pushes a positive effect to the players?

None of those fit. SO what would make bw do something so moronic? Only bw can tell us.

MMOs commonly throttle progress on various tracks so as to pad out the time it takes to finish progressing through / acquiring everything. It's no different than having Weekly Reputation Caps, Operations Lockouts, etc.

Looks like the design intent is for this to be something players work towards over a longer length of time - they don't want players grinding everything out in a single day. It's the same as the way it was mechanically impossible to max your T.H.O.R.N. rep during the course of the first Rakghoul Resurgence event.

MMOs commonly throttle progress on various tracks so as to pad out the time it takes to finish progressing through / acquiring everything. It's no different than having Weekly Reputation Caps, Operations Lockouts, etc.

Looks like the design intent is for this to be something players work towards over a longer length of time - they don't want players grinding everything out in a single day. It's the same as the way it was mechanically impossible to max your T.H.O.R.N. rep during the course of the first Rakghoul Resurgence event.

^ Content is already thin, they want you too keep subbed to access to it,

The way I read it (I could be wrong) is that the way they made it this time is with the key we would pay less than normal and the normal price for unlocking a stronghold is normally 2m, not that this stronghold would have 2 ways of purchasing it, just that the price would be cheaper than the normal 2m for unlocking a stronghold.

Yeah I read it that way, 5K instead of 2 mill as it would be without the grind.

Interesting that rooms are full priced, assuming no grind associated to those then?

I also thought I had read about credits or CC to get the SH but musth ave been my imagination because if its 5K credits then there can't be a CC alternative - wouldn't even be worth 1 CC.

Then they should have at least kept the initial SH unlock to be done within a week and set rooms to also require a grind (and low credit cost) so that would spread it out over time (and people might actually find they get a better quality SH only being able to decorate 1-2 rooms a week).

If they did want to maximize play time not sure why it's then "grind 2 weeks and done" unless there is a grind cost associated to room unlocks perhaps?