Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bring back Ashara Zavros in a cinematic, not lame way; best companions》》 old paradigm

BlackSilverRoar

I played KoTEE initially on my main, sorcerer and would've disregarded the expansion entirely if it meant keeping Ashara. I had her fully outfitted luxuriously and felt the attachment to the character via story. With the new hords of Souless Minions I get from the CM packs, it feels lacking, big time. On alts, it's fine. On my mains, I want the companion I'm used to and most comfortable with since day 1; I'd trade all my souless minions to have Ashara back on my main. I've refused to play my main since, with only strictly story, despite being decked out to the eyeballs.

Bring her back! And not in a lame way. Make it epicly appealing to the emotions and cinematic. Make it like the end of a Tom Cruise movie - I want epic well-written drama and reconciliation. Fire your hacks; don't screw it up.

Edited by Willjb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get Ashara back via the companion locator terminal found in the little room just north of the Underworld Logistics room in your War Room?

He did say that he wanted it in an emotionally appealing way. Not "here's the generic companion template with an Ashara skin".

And yeah, since my Imperial main is an Assassin, I'd like to see her back, too. Not as much as I want Akaavi, but pretty close.

He also said he'd trade all the other comps to get her back and that he wouldn't have even started KotFE on his main had he known. Well get her back if you want

Knowing Ashara, she's probably just moping and pouting ... wondering why the galaxy isn't fair. I'm not sure how to make her return epic. It would be cool if she finally turned dark and maybe the outlander can influence whether or not she continues down that path. Otherwise, she's just a whiny jedi in a sith world.

Edited by BRKMSN

He also said he'd trade all the other comps to get her back and that he wouldn't have even started KotFE on his main had he known. Well get her back if you want

Knowing Ashara, she's probably just moping and pouting ... wondering why the galaxy isn't fair. I'm not sure how to make her return epic. It would be cool if she finally turned dark and maybe the outlander can influence whether or not she continues down that path. Otherwise, she's just a whiny jedi in a sith world.

You are referring to an Ashara Zavros that existed early in the meeting of Ashara and the Sith Inquisitor, at the end of the companion story, Ashara found a way to merge the Sith Code and the Jedi Code and found balance between the Light and Dark sides of The Force.

Remember that five years had gone by from the time Darth Nox/Occulus/Imperious disappeared, and the time he/she was freed from their carbonite prison. Then, probably, three years passed from the time of the Sith Inquisitor is freed for his/her prison, to their war for control of Iokath.

My point is that probably eight years have passed since Nox/Oculous/Imperious and Ashara Zavros were separated. She's had eight years to develop into a mature and level headed woman.

So, there is plenty of room for making a very interesting story for their re-union.

She didn't "find balance." It was more like she rationalized her own shortcomings away, using parts of different philosophies so she could justify her emotional outbursts and still feel good inside. If she rewrote a new code, it would be:

"Through passion and emotional outburst, I gain inner peace. Through inner peace, I grow stronger to combat the chaos. Ignorant enemies fall at my feet as I use the Force to bring the galaxy into harmony. In the end, I feel pretty okay with myself."

She didn't "find balance." It was more like she rationalized her own shortcomings away, using parts of different philosophies so she could justify her emotional outbursts and still feel good inside. If she rewrote a new code, it would be:

"Through passion and emotional outburst, I gain inner peace. Through inner peace, I grow stronger to combat the chaos. Ignorant enemies fall at my feet as I use the Force to bring the galaxy into harmony. In the end, I feel pretty okay with myself."

The Ashara code! :sul_smile:

You forget that KOKFC/KOTEX is full of Valkorian telling you that Mastering the Dark Side is not enough, that Mastering the Light Side is not enough! You have Darth Marr and Master Sateal telling you that the Dark Side or the Light Side is not where it's at. You have the Voss practicing The Force, but it is neither Light Side nor Dark Side.

The whole story is leading your Force wielding (I try not to think of the non-force sensitive classes in this story) character to understand that there is ONLY THE FORCE, not the Light Side or the Dark Side. So, there is a strong chance, that Ashara was the first to follow the path Marr and Sateal found in the end.

I say that Ashara's Jedi AND Sith education has caused her to have her epiphany. Five to Eight years have passed since then. She has had a chance to put into practice what her epiphany made her realize. She has matured. She is now in her early thirties. She is not the same Ashara from before (If the BW writers do a good job at writing her return to your SI character, or her meeting your other Force Sensitive character).

The Jedi still have a wanted poster put up somewhere with her mug on it. So, there's some chance her meeting a JC or JK who aligned with the Republic, and therefore the Jedi Council, on Iokath might bring up some problems....

Your view of Ashara has her return without taking any of this into consideration. Returning Ashara without taking any of the above into consideration would be real crappy shyt-slapped-together sloppy writing. And that is what this whole thread is about. The hope that BW don't give us real crappy shyt-slapped-together sloppy Ashara's return story.

Edited by WorldSmasher

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.