Character credits and CC

LeeLoou

How many credits are you allowed to have per character when you go F2P? Do they put a limit on cartel coins? Do you lose anything in your items stash from CC?

When you go f2p you'll have preferred status because you were subbed so you'll have a limit of 350k per character and the rest goes in escrow. If you ever resub you'll get those credits back.

There is not limit on cartel coins or cm items as they are directly paid for and they aren't gonna limit you on how many cc you can buy.

You will lose a lot of other things like character slots, skill bars and such as well as not being able to do anything that is considered endgame and galactic command also stops working for you. You will lose a crafting skill slots so max 2 per character and you will only be able to do one craft at a time and max 3 companions can be sent for crafting even at level 70. Also think of things like access to guild banks, being able to display titles and unify colour and such things. There is more but these are some clear examples I can give you directly.

All of this comes back when resubbing btw so it's not permanently lost but there are a good amount of limitations.

Thanks, been a while since i had cancelled my sub and could find anything with a search. Gonna be busy and out of town a lot so no need to pay when im not playing. Thanks again.

Oh definitely. If you unsub and resub again before you log into your characters again you won't notice a difference.

The currency cap is out of line with the current economy. Maybe it was reasonable 3 years ago, but not now. I don't know what the best solution is, but I've played other games that sell (for real money) paid permanent account wide currency cap unlocks.

You will lose a lot of other things like character slots, skill bars and such as well as not being able to do anything that is considered endgame and galactic command also stops working for you. You will lose a crafting skill slots so max 2 per character and you will only be able to do one craft at a time and max 3 companions can be sent for crafting even at level 70. Also think of things like access to guild banks, being able to display titles and unify colour and such things.

A current or previous subscriber can use a referral link to get a "Preferred Friends Bundle" mailed to all current and future characters which includes a few unlocks to help with those limitations: "Unlock: Crew Skill Slot" (which restores the third Crafting Skill for a previous subscriber), "Customization Control: Display Titles" and "Customization Control: Unify Colors." Make sure to use those items only after your subscription has run out. They don't work when you're currently subscribed because a subscriber already has those features unlocked.

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Of course, many of the other Preferred limitations will still remain in place, like only being able to send 3 companions to craft at once and no crafting queue.

The currency cap is out of line with the current economy. Maybe it was reasonable 3 years ago, but not now. I don't know what the best solution is, but I've played other games that sell (for real money) paid permanent account wide currency cap unlocks.

The limit is just fine. You can afford anything you need to have to play the game. No, you can't buy that fancy cosmetic armour on the GTN, or the Dark V speeder from the old-style DS vendor(1), but you can play the game just fine without either of them.

(1) Its nominal price is 300K credits, but it's on that list of things marked up 25% for non-subscribers, so for them it's 375K. The equivalent from the LS vendor is the same price.

No, you probably can't, once you get to preferred status, afford the GTN prices for CM unlocks, but that just means you should buy them before dropping your subscription.

Stupid like 350k for preferred its really dumb tbh, you can have billions in escrow and can only have 350k at a time, lol

It is fine as it is. This game has a too generous F2P/Preff system in overall and its being missused to a large extent, that was the reason they removed ops passes and made GC only to subscribers. That move clearly shows that people have been missusing the system to not be subbed and still fully play the game.

Stupid like 350k for preferred its really dumb tbh, you can have billions in escrow and can only have 350k at a time, lol
As someone who has played both preferred and sub I may have something to add to the discussion. I have multiple toons at max and I have payed for many a subscription, I feel like because of my loyalty and loyalty of many other people we should at least not have our credits capped at such a low ammount. Sure some people have only paid for the cheapest cartel coins to get preferred but I am not one of those people and there are definitely many in my position.