Please fix this gigantic problem

StrifedRevan

It is ugly, but its easy to understand why it is the way it is... its a problem with clipping, plain and simple. Unlike WoW or the like, cloaks actually have a limited set of physics property to them, which is why they move and "flow" when you move. Offsetting the cloak mesh, or shape, from the player's character mesh helps avoid clipping - when one rendered mesh pokes through and intersects another rendered mesh. If the cloak mesh was flush with the character mesh (which varies depending on character customization option selection), you would have to rely on more physics calculations to determine the mesh physics properties and have them "collide" appropriately. No doubt, the game engine would suffer.

The simplest fix is to remove the cloak's physics properties and tie the mesh to the player mesh so that its movement is restricted more.

Either way, it will look worse than the "huge butt" syndrome. Its such a minor complaint its actually funny to see so many people upset over it.

It is ugly, but its easy to understand why it is the way it is... its a problem with clipping, plain and simple. Unlike WoW or the like, cloaks actually have a limited set of physics property to them, which is why they move and "flow" when you move. Offsetting the cloak mesh, or shape, from the player's character mesh helps avoid clipping - when one rendered mesh pokes through and intersects another rendered mesh. If the cloak mesh was flush with the character mesh (which varies depending on character customization option selection), you would have to rely on more physics calculations to determine the mesh physics properties and have them "collide" appropriately. No doubt, the game engine would suffer.

The simplest fix is to remove the cloak's physics properties and tie the mesh to the player mesh so that its movement is restricted more.

Either way, it will look worse than the "huge butt" syndrome. Its such a minor complaint its actually funny to see so many people upset over it.

Why is it funny? The game revolves around story telling and when the user sees their characters with J-Lo's bustle, it actually gets really bothersome. Think of watching Star Wars with Luke wearing a Victorian era dress. It would be more of a comedy than anything. Though I have to agree that there are more serious issues in the game than this, such as the buggy combat.

Think of watching Star Wars with Luke wearing a Victorian era dress. It would be more of a comedy than anything.

Don't give George any more ideas for film changes...

Though I have to agree that there are more serious issues in the game than this, such as the buggy combat.

Exactly why I find it funny. Of all the rage threads created in the past week over "game-breaking" issues, we see this one. I get a chuckle out of it, that's all. Actually I get a chuckle out of a lot of threads lately since I really don't take anything that's said here seriously anymore. It makes life more enjoyable and less aneurism-inducing.

Edited by IMatricksI