So, Crisis On Umbara, You Say . . .

t-darko

I really hope that the Crisis on Umbara will have a very strong Empire vs Republic feel because it's been gone for too long and the story has suffered because of it in my opinion. Sith vs Jedi, Republic vs Empire that is the core of Star Wars The Old Republic, it's the conflict that should have always remained the focus of the story. I wouldn't have minded minor factions like the Hutt Cartel in RotHC vying for power or the Revanites threatening both factions in SoR, but bringing in the overpowered Eternal Empire with it's godmode Eternal Fleet was a grand fiasco if you ask me. Sure it was interesting at the start and I wouldn't have minded if they made Zakuul challenge both Republic and Empire, have a three faction war with a possible new class that was solely playable in the Eternal Empire faction as a new playable one, but what we got now? Empire and Republic being simply wrecked by a seriously overpowered faction that is overpowered for no logical reason? Bah!

I was so happy they took the story back to Empire vs Republic with Iokath but it wasn't enough. I really hope they'll continue to bring back more of the good old narratives from the original game, classic Empire vs Republic so that we may one day completely abandon this abominable Eternal Alliance and forget it ever existed!

In the (slightly altered) words of Aloysius Kallig: I hunger for the day the story of this game will be restored to glory.

Fact is that we never gonna get to know the real intent in form of x-pacs carved out from the original intentions of the game!? Sor is I believe a baby from those times, but the budget-budget version. I suspect that it was at least, originally, intended to be like RotHC; a two faction story xpac. Something they did really good was the build up to SoR, I really would like to see that kind of crafting of expectations again, a great deal of being a Star Wars Fan is to get some dosage of mindless speculation room!!

Now I believe even the two latest xpacs was in the pipeline storywise, but here we know we got the K-mart, budget-budget version in terms of faction storytelling that in comparison with SoR was worse. What should have been a return of Bioware story telling, became a very large drawing board product that never should left the page as it all ricocheted of someone's tinfoil hat as The Knights of the Eternal Grind went live. Thus giving this game a giant Kick in the Balls and a HeadShot that barely missed by an inch!!

Now then, "Crisis on Umbara" you say, as I stated in my OP Umbara is both in Canon and Legends, it turn the expectations up . . .

But as for my wishes - I hope that Iokath will self implode by the time the final boss goes live!

- I want to see a continuation on the story of the Force origin and the rebuilding both Dark and Light

- I want to see the rebuilding of both the Empire and Republic

I don't mind if it comes in four different xpacs concentrating on each at the time, and I wouldn't mind if "Crisis on Umbara" was the start of that journey . . .

Edited by t-darko