Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne

Martyrofsand

So I've leveled my first character up to 65 and was going to start the next set of quests I got on my ships quest thing when I got a warning saying

"Warning you are about to progress beyond a critical story point and begin Knights of the Fallen Emperor. Any class content or companion stories you have not completed will become unavailable to you. It also means your crew of available companions will dramatically change."

Wait what? So I'm ok with leaving some content behind, pretty sure I've done all my class stories and companion stories, but is there some type of storyline plot that I am missing where I lose my companions and if so where do I find it before I jump into this story and miss it?

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE ALL CLASS STORY MISSIONS. If the side missions is no big deal then dont worry about them. But if you do then finish them up as well. YOUR COMPANIONS need to have their Influence maxed out as that happens they will want to talk to you. they tell you their own personal stories. By doing so, you gain their loyalties and some XP and credits. when you maxed out their influence there will be no more Companion stories. Once you done all that stuff, then start the New expansion pack, The Fallen Empire, once you do there is no going back to do the other stuff. Its like real life once it comes to pass, there is no going back.

Enjoy and Have Fun.

Take Care & Be Well.......

Wait what? So I'm ok with leaving some content behind, pretty sure I've done all my class stories and companion stories, but is there some type of storyline plot that I am missing where I lose my companions and if so where do I find it before I jump into this story and miss it?

You haven't missed anything prior to KotFE/ET where you lose your companions. It is the KotFE/ET story itself that plays that out - the warning is a bit of a spoiler, but it is intended to give you fair warning since it is such a drastic change.

YOUR COMPANIONS need to have their Influence maxed out as that happens they will want to talk to you. they tell you their own personal stories.

That's not the case anymore. Unlocking companion conversations used to be based on your influence/affection with them, but after 4.0 they changed it so that those conversations automatically become available as you progress through your Class Story. You should be sure that you have interacted with them through all of their conversations before starting KotFE/ET, though, because you will lose the opportunity to see these conversations after that point.

Patch Notes: Game Update 4.0: Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access:

Additional Companion-related changes:

• Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression, rather than affection/influence thresholds.

Have you done

a) Shadow of Revan

b) Ziost (Shadow of Revan's epilogue, so to speak)

c) all companion conversations/quests

d) all class story quests?

Once you begin Fallen Empire, you will not be able to go back and do any of the above.

The reason it asks you several times "are you sure you want to continue" is because, due to story events in Knights of the Fallen Empire - yes, you do temporarily lose your class companions.

Edited by Jagaimee

If the side missions is no big deal then dont worry about them. But if you do then finish them up as well.

Not necessary. Side Missions and Exploration Missions(1) are not blocked or deleted by starting KotFE or KotET, and nor are planetary arc missions.

(1) Exploration Missions are side missions but they aren't Side Missions. That is, they are their own little stories apart from the class or planetary main stories ("side missions") but there is a pedantic technical difference between Side Missions (simple yellow triangle on the mission-giver, always visible on the map if you haven't begun them) and Exploration Missions (yellow triangle with a little star, can be hidden on the map using the checkbox lower-left on the Map panel).