Respec'ing a Character

FortuneHost

Is it possible to re-spec my current Vanguard trooper into a Commando trooper without just starting a new character?

I'm afraid not, you can change specs but you can't change classes, while technically Vanguard and Commando are the same base call [Trooper], once you choose to be either a Vanguard or a Commando, you cannot undo that choice. If you want to play a Commando you will unfortunately have to re-roll a new character. Sorry.

I'm afraid not, you can change specs but you can't change classes, while technically Vanguard and Commando are the same base call [Trooper], once you choose to be either a Vanguard or a Commando, you cannot undo that choice. If you want to play a Commando you will unfortunately have to re-roll a new character. Sorry.

Well that's frustrating. Thanks for the information.

once you choose to be either a Vanguard or a Commando, you cannot undo that choice.

Of course, these days, "once you choose ..." is talking about the character creation process, even for start-at-1 characters. So no, of course you can't change your class. (There aren't "advanced classes" any more. There are eight class stories, and each class story has two classes that use it.)

That was then, now you even have to choose your Adv class straight away

In effect, there aren't advanced classes any more, because there aren't unadvanced classes for them to be advanced from. There are just classes. Commando is a class, Vanguard is a class. Trooper is a "concept" or something.