Real Bounty Hunter contracts

christian_bmx

As in gta 5. players could put price for the head of another player.

The players would deposit the money and publish the name and place of last time they saw the prey. The reward will be the deposit of the contractor.

The victim will automatically enter in PVP and wear a badge.

Hunters should also be in pvp and wear a badge.

If the hunter can kill the victim, he collects the reward And the contractor would gain some reward as cxp, medals or something-

If the prey survives the attack, he gains half of the reward or another thing and will continue this way until someone kills him.

The player assigned as a pray may or may not hire a bodyguard to help him stay alive. If the VIP dies the bodyguard will not receive payment from his contractor.

The contract between the VIP and the bodyguard must be made in a safe place. Like a stronhold or a flagship.

More than one bodyguard may be hired. Companions could be used normally. (As in flashpoints)

If more than one hunter kill the prey the hunters will have to fight between them to stay with the reward

Hunters and pray could pay for certain advantages, such as not appearing on maps.

Battles can not be performed in flashpoints, operations or warzones

Do you like this idea?

Edited by christian_bmx

It should work only for PvP players, exclusively, because otherwise it would lead into massive trolling and ganking of well-equipped and well-skilled PvP players against PvE players or/and even against Lowbies / Newbies.

Level sinc will help, and this is star wars. A long time ago If you saw a player from another faction you could fight. Now as an imperial I see a pub and the only thing I can do is say hello. its bored

I'm all for PBS but it would need some extreme changes to be implemented first, I suppose; putting bounties on anyone for anything would be extremely unfair, and putting bounties on people for killing you in WZs would be weird. My suggestion, as always, would be to follow SWG's example and encourage people to do open world PvP (e.g. bonus XP/CXP/Reputation etc. during events).

Also, to be honest I don't think it would actually work, seeing as anyone can have 16 (?) characters on a server it would be insanely easy to just get a friend to clean your bounty and share the reward. Another thing would be the fact that the system would obviously put BHs in spotlight, so other classes should also get their own mini-games.

I'm all for PBS but it would need some extreme changes to be implemented first, I suppose; putting bounties on anyone for anything would be extremely unfair, and putting bounties on people for killing you in WZs would be weird. My suggestion, as always, would be to follow SWG's example and encourage people to do open world PvP (e.g. bonus XP/CXP/Reputation etc. during events).

Also, to be honest I don't think it would actually work, seeing as anyone can have 16 (?) characters on a server it would be insanely easy to just get a friend to clean your bounty and share the reward. Another thing would be the fact that the system would obviously put BHs in spotlight, so other classes should also get their own mini-games.

Let's start with the fact that the game is based on star wars and nothing is fair in the history. Now if we talk about pvp is the double unfair in this game but everybody still playing pvp. I'm talking about people who play pve which requires stats of accurancy and alacrity. It is obvious that they have disadvantage against someone who only plays pvp and only uses power and critical. That's why I propose the idea of bodyguards. Of all it does not have to be a tragedy to lose a pvp match against someone more experienced.In Gta 5 there are players more skillful than another and the system works well.

With respect to that the players use their friends to clean and to share the rewards will remain in them. It's like farming on Bestia. Its boring but they still do it. There is nothing we can make.

Imagine being the Vip and hire several bodyguards and be hunters and organize to kill the prey. With respect to the rewards not only can be credits. there are more things. Equipment. Cxp.

When I started playing I was afraid to go alone to the tunnels of the plague because I was always killed by someone. Now we are all friends its became uncompetitive and boring.

The warzones are always the same boring thing.

Edited by christian_bmx

Nobody should be forced into playing PvP against their wishes, and that's what this sort of contract would do. It would also open the floodgates for players to harass each other or retaliate against perceived slights, as others have mentioned. If it's only for PvP players who have voluntarily opted into that type of play, cool, but leave PvErs out of it. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Nobody should be forced into playing PvP against their wishes, and that's what this sort of contract would do. It would also open the floodgates for players to harass each other or retaliate against perceived slights, as others have mentioned. If it's only for PvP players who have voluntarily opted into that type of play, cool, but leave PvErs out of it.

You would not be obligated. Before the hunting begins, you may or may not accept the challenge. I think there would be many people who would like to play it and also people who dont. Both can choose

Edited by christian_bmx

As in gta 5. players could put price for the head of another player.

The players would deposit the money and publish the name and place of last time they saw the prey. The reward will be the deposit of the contractor.

The victim will automatically enter in PVP and wear a badge.

Hunters should also be in pvp and wear a badge.

If the hunter can kill the victim, he collects the reward And the contractor would gain some reward as cxp, medals or something-

If the prey survives the attack, he gains half of the reward or another thing and will continue this way until someone kills him.

The player assigned as a pray may or may not hire a bodyguard to help him stay alive. If the VIP dies the bodyguard will not receive payment from his contractor.

The contract between the VIP and the bodyguard must be made in a safe place. Like a stronhold or a flagship.

More than one bodyguard may be hired. Companions could be used normally. (As in flashpoints)

If more than one hunter kill the prey the hunters will have to fight between them to stay with the reward

Hunters and pray could pay for certain advantages, such as not appearing on maps.

Battles can not be performed in flashpoints, operations or warzones

Do you like this idea?

I think it should only be allowed if they also had a toggle where a player could make themselves unable to have a price put on them, or make it to where they play in a PvE arena against NPC bounty hunters if they don't want to do PvP. If that's the case, they would choose on a popup screen that announces they have a bounty on their head whether to fight the player or NPC hunter, with bigger rewards all around if the hunted chooses the player hunter.

The idea isn't bad, per se, but forcing people into PvP when they don't want to will drive players away from the game.

I really like the idea, the current end-game content is very repetitive and this would be interesting.

I would suggest that there should be an X amount of days in which the same player cannot be targeted again to avoid harassment; and the bounty can only last for, lets say, only one day. Also, every time the targeted player defeats a hunter, he could receive an x% of the total bounty.

This is obviously not fair, but the Star Wars universe is not fair either. Besides, it is not such a big deal to be a target, the worst thing that could happen is that you die, and it is not like you will lose credits or anything really. And if there are higher bounties on other players, you will not be a primary target for most hunters. Then, if you really do not like pvp, or feel nervous or whatever being targeted, then let someone kill you and it's over, the only one who loses is the one who put a bounty on you in the first place.

You would not be obligated. Before the hunting begins, you may or may not accept the challenge. I think there would be many people who would like to play it and also people who dont. Both can choose

if one can only be hunted with their consent, and there is an option to decline, that would be fine.

I would think there should be an auto-decline, the way there is for group and guild invites, so players who don't want to touch it with a 10-foot pole can stay away.

The trouble is that this can really be abused. Look at duel spammers, for instance. There's a high chance people would use it t grief/gank others. For instance I can see people taking out contracts if they flirt with another player and get nowhere.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero