The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please make holsters a thing for every new blasters.

While I'd love this, I really don't think the Devs will go for it. Having holsters is what made the precious Anarchy and Mischief blasters special. I doubt they'd compromise the uniqueness of a Platinum like that. <=/

Trust me, I've been campaigning for Holstered Blasters for god knows how long... And I'll never be able to afford those two.

This is the problem with aggressive exclusivity. Things that should be standard become impossible to accrue, limiting the average player's ability to customize and disallowing people to create their character as they see fit.

There are so many armour sets and weapons in the game- and the combinations, especially considering dyes/colour crystals/tunings, are nearly infinite. Even if things were easier to get, the individual style of each player would only be supported, thereby increasing the diversity of character appearances.

This is the problem with aggressive exclusivity. Things that should be standard become impossible to accrue, limiting the average player's ability to customize and disallowing people to create their character as they see fit.

There are so many armour sets and weapons in the game- and the combinations, especially considering dyes/colour crystals/tunings, are nearly infinite. Even if things were easier to get, the individual style of each player would only be supported, thereby increasing the diversity of character appearances.

I guess they should just give everyone everything that ever was in the game, that is now in the game or that ever will be in the game just for logging in. After all, we wouldn't want to be accused of aggressive exclusivity, would we?

I guess they should just eliminate the CM also, to avoid even the appearance of aggressive exclusivity.

Sorry, I do not agree. I see nothing wrong with some things being rarer than others.

I guess they should just give everyone everything that ever was in the game, that is now in the game or that ever will be in the game just for logging in. After all, we wouldn't want to be accused of aggressive exclusivity, would we?

I guess they should just eliminate the CM also, to avoid even the appearance of aggressive exclusivity.

Sorry, I do not agree. I see nothing wrong with some things being rarer than others.

I agree somewhat, the difference in rarity between Silver and Gold Items are rather minor.

But Platnium? That's a massive step ahead of both of them.

I agree somewhat, the difference in rarity between Silver and Gold Items are rather minor.

But Platnium? That's a massive step ahead of both of them.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't have a single platinum item and never have, and I am OK with that.

YMMV, of course.

Ratajack, it never ceases to astonish me how you can take a moderate point of view and read it as outrageously radical. Is exaggerating other people's opinions to the point of absurdity just to support your opinion like a lifestyle to you, or something?

Never, ever have I said we should just give everything to everyone for free. Never. I have never said that, anywhere. Ever. Now that I've made that point emphatically clear:

I still don't support the concept of extreme and aggressive exclusivity. Especially when a game is struggling and ought to at least extend a friendly hand to new players, for its own good. Whether that comes in the form of putting more things people would like for direct purchase in the shop, adding more things as rewards for in-game activities such as operations, PvP and flashpoints, or simply making the rarity of some items a little less prohibitive.

But I have never said we should give everything to everyone for nothing. Just that more things should at least be moderately attainable for the average player. See what I'm saying?

-Edit- And of course, you don't have to agree with me. But I don't appreciate being disregarded or brushed off for saying something I never said. If you want to have a constructive conversation with me (or anyone really), actually address my points as they are, not as you exaggerate them to be, and don't insult them simply because you don't think the same way. If you can't do that, there's a good chance you shouldn't be in this social space.

Edited by SourOrange

Ratajack, it never ceases to astonish me how you can take a moderate point of view and read it as outrageously radical. Is exaggerating other people's opinions to the point of absurdity just to support your opinion like a lifestyle to you, or something?

Never, ever have I said we should just give everything to everyone for free. Never. I have never said that, anywhere. Ever. Now that I've made that point emphatically clear:

I still don't support the concept of extreme and aggressive exclusivity. Especially when a game is struggling and ought to at least extend a friendly hand to new players, for its own good. Whether that comes in the form of putting more things people would like for direct purchase in the shop, adding more things as rewards for in-game activities such as operations, PvP and flashpoints, or simply making the rarity of some items a little less prohibitive.

But I have never said we should give everything to everyone for nothing. Just that more things should at least be moderately attainable for the average player. See what I'm saying?

-Edit- And of course, you don't have to agree with me. But I don't appreciate being disregarded or brushed off for saying something I never said. If you want to have a constructive conversation with me (or anyone really), actually address my points as they are, not as you exaggerate them to be, and don't insult them simply because you don't think the same way. If you can't do that, there's a good chance you shouldn't be in this social space.

Ok, Let's start with a few clarifications from you.

What do you think should be "standard"?

What do you think is OK to be more "rare" or even "exclusive"?

Well on the topic of the thread, a blaster with a holster should not be a wildly exclusive item because a blaster needs a holster. It's a standard object in the given universe, and should have been baseline.

Standard, basic things like blasters with holsters, plain rugs, trash cans, etc should not be made exclusive or exceedingly difficult to acquire. To make things special, one must first establish mundane. If even the mundane is inaccessible, what are we left with?

The things that should be (reasonably) difficult to acquire are the things that actually would be difficult to acquire. An ancient Sith Lord's helmet/lightsaber or a quality starship, for example. Things like that deserve some exclusivity because they are above the mundane and actually not as common.

The problem is that a lot of things that should be mundane are given extreme exclusive status, right up next to things that actually warrant it. There should be more ways to acquire cosmetics, basic weapons (vibroblades are sorely lacking in quantity, style and availability for example), and general furmiture that aren't gated behind ruthless RNG and/or a paywall of either CCs or millions upon millions of credits.

If someone pays a subscription fee, they're already not getting the game for free- there's a price tag attached to that experience, and as subscribers who are paying for their game experience, there should be more ways to acquire the things that the game offers as part of its experience.

Edited by SourOrange

Well on the topic of the thread, a blaster with a holster should not be a wildly exclusive item because a blaster needs a holster. It's a standard object in the given universe, and should have been baseline.

i would agree on the subject of blasters, except for the fact that for 5 years, blasters have not had holsters, and that has been the standard for this game.

I'm not against adding holsters to new blasters, but I see no reason why a rare item that is "special" suddenly has to be considered "baseline" when the "baseline" for the game has already been established for 5 years.

The same goes for the lightsaber pikes. I'm not against adding a plain lightsaber pike as a "more accessible" option, but I see no reason why the 2 that have been introduced should be "baseline" or that those two lightsaber pikes being very rare is equal to "aggressive exclusivity".

Standard, basic things like blasters with holsters, plain rugs, trash cans, etc should not be made exclusive or exceedingly difficult to acquire. To make things special, one must first establish mundane. If even the mundane is inaccessible, what are we left with?

Your definition of "mundane" may not be the same as somebody else's.

There is a vendor that sells basic decorations for credits. These are what I would consider to be "mundane" and "baseline" as far as decorations go. They are readily available.

There are other vendors that sell fancier decorations for crafted prefabs. These decorations may not be as "luxurious" as those CM decorations, but they are nicer than the "mundane" decorations, and are also not difficult to obtain.

One thing I have noticed in this game, as well as in real life, is that all too often it seems that whenever some people see something they want and cannot have, they not only seem to feel that they are entitled to have that shiny, they also seem to find a reason to try to justify their sense of entitlement.

The things that should be (reasonably) difficult to acquire are the things that actually would be difficult to acquire. An ancient Sith Lord's helmet/lightsaber or a quality starship, for example. Things like that deserve some exclusivity because they are above the mundane and actually not as common.

At least we can agree that some things should be more rare, even if we disagree on the particular items themselves.

I think this is as close as we'll get to any agreement. But you do now see my point of how leaping to conclusions only damages communication. We have more points of agreement than either of us may have thought if we hadn't actually spoken our minds. Edited by SourOrange

I think this is as close as we'll get to any agreement. But you do now see my point of how leaping to conclusions only damages communication. We have more points of agreement than either of us may have thought if we hadn't actually spoken our minds.

I hope you see my point that many people seem to feel entitled to any shiny that they see, and will try to find any way to attempt to justify their false sense of entitlement.

I do not agree with your judgemental point of view, but you are rightfully entitled to have it.

Entitlement isn't a bad word, as some people seem to think judging by the way it's used here on these forums. And with that said, I think this conversation is about done. We've both made our positions clear and I'm not looking to get into a row with anyone over differences of opinion.

Edited by SourOrange

I do not agree with your judgemental point of view, but you are rightfully entitled to have it.

Entitlement isn't a bad word, as some people seem to think judging by the way it's used here on these forums. And with that said, I think this conversation is about done. We've both made our positions clear and I'm not looking to get into a row with anyone over differences of opinion.

Entitlement may not be a bad word, but an ENTITLED ATTITUDE is a bad thing, IMO.

It's only frikkin' holsters,like. It's just stupid to make them so exclusive. I understand stuff like gun designs or extra effects on lasers and vented beams but holsters should be a regular thing. It's basic. No one ever has their gun magically floating around their tigh - everyone holds guns in holsters in films (star wars) and irl. Edited by Alec_Fortescue