Lightning Sorcerer glitch

drakosef

To be fair, they don't announce exploit fixes (which this is an exploit) in patches. Now whether it will be fixed I cannot say as I'm hopeful but skeptical since it's been reported since before 3.0.

Also that's the rough draft of what to expect, 5.4 patch notes won't be live till the Monday before patch as like most patches.

Edited by FerkWork

When I'm back from my holiday I'm going to make a change that makes the bugged parses invalid when they're uploaded, plus remove the ones from the board too since I'm kinda sick of them being there.

Yeah, pretty much any parse that uses chain lightning less than once per 8 seconds is invalid. You can easily tell by looking at the ability usage tab.

I caution against making it so that if a parse uses CL more than once every 8 seconds it becomes instantly invalidated.

There are a number of bosses where you're just waiting and have time to precast things (TC, Op IX, Tanks, Styrak) and so on where you might hard cast CL. I know for a fact Malocath does that on Styrak, so even though he doesn't use the bug, would that invalidate his parse because he used it more than once every 8 seconds (he hard casts it like twice btw) I know that to the human eye looking through the parse that's really easy to determine, but when you have a blanket statement in coding it might not allow for those exceptions.

I agree that parses where sorcs are using the CL bug should be invalidated. It's not fair to the small percentage of sorcs who play the game as it is meant to be played that they should be thought of as inferior simply because they do not exploit.

I caution against making it so that if a parse uses CL more than once every 8 seconds it becomes instantly invalidated.

There are a number of bosses where you're just waiting and have time to precast things (TC, Op IX, Tanks, Styrak) and so on where you might hard cast CL. I know for a fact Malocath does that on Styrak, so even though he doesn't use the bug, would that invalidate his parse because he used it more than once every 8 seconds (he hard casts it like twice btw) I know that to the human eye looking through the parse that's really easy to determine, but when you have a blanket statement in coding it might not allow for those exceptions.

I agree that parses where sorcs are using the CL bug should be invalidated. It's not fair to the small percentage of sorcs who play the game as it is meant to be played that they should be thought of as inferior simply because they do not exploit.

I wasn't going to do it the way it was suggested anyway - I have something else in mind. :)

Edited by Kinslayer

• 2 weeks later...
5.4 just dropped, was the so called glitch fixed. Since no one can prove there was a glitch, I will say it has been fixed...thank you have a nice day.:D:D:D:D:D

No one can prove on the forums because it could have been considered an exploit and people don't like infractions. Definitely exists and you could easily find it if you talk to knowledgeable sorcs in game. Oh and it isn't fixed, just checked.

No one can prove on the forums because it could have been considered an exploit and people don't like infractions. Definitely exists and you could easily find it if you talk to knowledgeable sorcs in game. Oh and it isn't fixed, just checked.

I can say without a doubt, that it has been fixed, and no one can prove me wrong...well-done dev team, keep up the good work. Bioware dev team rules.:p:p:p:p:p:p