Loving the new desaturated dyes

Estelindis

For a long time, there hasn't been an option for a desaturated look in dye colours. You can go black, grey, or white, plus a few of the darker colours, but there weren't a lot of options. Just recently, though, it seems like Bioware is adding desaturated colours to the dye selection. Naval Officer, Uniform Deep Blue, Forest Camo, Olive Green and Tan: these dyes are all steps in the right direction. Thanks, Bioware. I hope that we get many more like them. :) Edited by Estelindis

For a long time, there hasn't been an option for a desaturated look in dye colours. You can go black, grey, or white, plus a few of the darker colours, but there weren't a lot of options. Just recently, though, it seems like Bioware is adding desaturated colours to the dye selection. Naval Officer, Uniform Deep Blue, Olive Green and Tan: these dyes are all steps in the right direction. Thanks, Bioware. I hope that we get many more like them. :)

I agree! They are gorgeous! They make everything look good :D

Well.. we have had a fair number of less saturated dyes for a long time now. But it IS nice to see them add more of them.. rather then sticking with very saturated and sometimes eye-rolling choices of primary/secondary sets.

Thing is.. while I do play the CM dye market on the GTNs... and profitably so... the less saturated colors (setting aside the always overly popular monochromes) do not sell as well or at a high a premium with players.

Personally, I like them too... but I don't have that much use for the most recent ones, where some earlier ones are actually my go-to choices for dyes.

I had to look up "saturated colors" because that made no sense to me. So, now I know.

Well, I said "desaturated" by comparison to the often-garish colours of previous dyes. But in the example you used, I'm more looking for the normal stuff, not something hyper-saturated or completely gray. There are plenty of outfits in the game that use more muted colours, but not so many dyes... The recent releases have given me hope. :)