Bioware: pls turn items,unlocked in collections for all characters, into legacy items

Klaus

I think the title speak for itself. It so frustrating to have a cool sword or gun, that u really enjoy and want to play with ,send it from character to another charcter and not be able to do that. I unlocked (for all chars) plenty of weapons but if i want to use it it's to rip items from it (barrel or hilt,mods and enhacements) put them into a legacy weapon,send them to another char, rip them againg, put them into similar weapon. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!! Pls turn unlocked weapons(unlocked for all chars) into legacy weapons. Example: i really like Defiant Vented Lightsaber and Unstable Arbiter Lightsaber ,i unlocked them ,every char can use them, but if i want to send from my sorc which is fully 248 geared to my jugg, i really CANT except if i rip everything inside and that will cost around 150k each time i do this operation!!! Cleanse and repeat.....

I think a lot of people forget that moving hilts/barrels/enhancements/mods was originally an *unintended* side effect of legacy gear. The devs decided to leave it in because it cost credits to move things around in this manner. It may have also been too difficult to fix at that time but if I recall correctly the stated reason the devs were ok with it was because it

had a cost attached.

I don't think they're going to let us get around the cost aspect. And as a previous poster said, they really shouldn't. The game does need credit sinks.

Money are a problem if u play like i do....imagine that sometimes i do daily pvp with 9 chars....jugg, guardian,sorc(healer and other dps),sage,mara,merc, sniper and slinger. I paid 400 cc to unlock Defianted Vented sword and another 400cc to Unstable Arbiter sword for all chars...why cant be transformed in to a legacy one as soon as player does that? Otherwise they can implent the old sistem in which the barrel/hilt can be used only by a specific class! The other choice is to make weapon part from outfit design!!! Edited by Klaus

Money are a problem if u play like i do....imagine that sometimes i do daily pvp with 9 chars....jugg, guardian,sorc(healer and other dps),sage,mara,merc, sniper and slinger. I paid 400 cc to unlock Defianted Vented sword and another 400cc to Unstable Arbiter sword for all chars...why cant be transformed in to a legacy one as soon as player does that? Otherwise they can implent the old sistem in which the barrel/hilt can be used only by a specific class! The other choice is to make weapon part from outfit design!!!

Honestly you're the only one insisting you have to move around your gear this much. Ok, you like the look of a specific weapon, I get that. But your own vanity is what's costing you the credits here. Not to mention your merc, sniper, slinger aren't going to be able to use the hilt or saber even if the saber was legacy.

Also, from what I recall, Collections doesn't play nice with legacy items. But I can't say that I've paid much attention to that issue so I don't know what the problem is.

I'd think your best bet would be to push for weapon appearance slots. Then it wouldn't matter which weapon you moved around. I think weapon appearance slots are more likely anyway.

Defiant Vented was just an example. I also love RK 4 Starforged pistol-i can send it to PT or slinger or scoundrel, or Primordial Sniper Rifle or Primordial Assault Canon ,etc.... But yes, it's equal to me if they transform unlocked weapons in legacy ones or if they implement weapons to outfit design. The point is to do something!!! People are unsubscribing for lesser reasons...

Maybe true...but before 5.0,if i remember correctly, it was imposible to give jugg sword to sorc cause of hilt or stats... i don't remember exactlty. Then add weapon to outfit designer....would be almost the same. Edited by Klaus

I think a lot of people forget that moving hilts/barrels/enhancements/mods was originally an *unintended* side effect of legacy gear. The devs decided to leave it in because it cost credits to move things around in this manner. It may have also been too difficult to fix at that time but if I recall correctly the stated reason the devs were ok with it was because it

had a cost attached.

I don't think they're going to let us get around the cost aspect. And as a previous poster said, they really shouldn't. The game does need credit sinks.

Not only that, but it could make the mods market, already a tight market with thin margins of profits, become much worse. If they did OP's idea, the mods market would tank.