About the idea for 242 requirement for MM FP...

aerockyul

No one said the new flashpoint will have a veteran mode or a story mode.So, what exactly do i get as a subscriber?

Yes, Keith stated so in his post that it will have 3 modes, story, veteran and Master.

Crisis on Umbara – Our story will continue in a new Flashpoint coming on the planet of Umbara. This Flashpoint will launch with all 3 difficulties, Story, Veteran and Master. For Umbara’s Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We won’t prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group. We’re adding a new average rating identifier on your character window which will be based on the items you have ‘equipped

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928103

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Keith stated so in his post that it will have 3 modes, story, veteran and Master.

Crisis on Umbara – Our story will continue in a new Flashpoint coming on the planet of Umbara. This Flashpoint will launch with all 3 difficulties, Story, Veteran and Master. For Umbara’s Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We won’t prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group. We’re adding a new average rating identifier on your character window which will be based on the items you have ‘equipped

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928103

So all 3 modes will require 242 ranking gear. Therefore, a lot of players will be left outside. Again, as a subscriber, what do i get? A big fat nothing?

So all 3 modes will require 242 ranking gear. Therefore, a lot of players will be left outside. Again, as a subscriber, what do i get? A big fat nothing?

Plz read the post keith wrote. it clearly says MM will have a 242 requirement for GF. It does not say any requirement for Story or Veteran.

Edit: here is the post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9366529#edit9366529

Edited by Toraak

Have fun sitting in queue all day, if MM has a 242 requirement. You would think Bioware would be smart enough to realize they need to make queue times much shorter, not hey lets make players have to wait even longer to play the game. GF is already dead. but at Bioware they are like. "hey guys lets beat a dead horse and make queues even longer".

Have fun sitting in queue all day, if MM has a 242 requirement. You would think Bioware would be smart enough to realize they need to make queue times much shorter, not hey lets make players have to wait even longer to play the game. GF is already dead. but at Bioware they are like. "hey guys lets beat a dead horse and make queues even longer".

Exactly.

242 gear is not hard to get. run EV/KP HM. you get most of it there.

NO, you didn't read it. It clearly states on Master Mode will have the 242. NOT story or veteran. So again only Master Mode will require 242 not the rest.

]For Umbara’s Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder.

Edited by casirabit

NO, you didn't read it. It clearly states on Master Mode will have the 242. NOT story or veteran. So again only Master Mode will require 242 not the rest.

Still no answer to my question : why some subscribers get more content even if they pay the same amount of money as me?

If this new flashpoint in MM isn't significantly harder than Blood Hunt MM, I will be disappointed. I'm guessing they intend to overtune it and make it difficult enough that only good players with great gear can clear it? Definitely hope they won't end up spreading that gear requirement to other MM FPs though.

Still no answer to my question : why some subscribers get more content even if they pay the same amount of money as me?

Okay, I don't care if I get an infraction. You need to change your signature. You are not being denied any content. You can still form a pre-made group to enter master mode. Moreover, IT IS ONLY MASTER MODE. Do you think you are entitled to same degrees of difficulty? Hell, that's like saying you are being denied entry to Ilum or Ziost because you are only level 15.

I really need to stop reading the forums today. :rak_04:

That is all,

Dasty the Hutt

P.S. Change your signature.

Edited by Jdast

You can still do it outside of group pickups. Form a group without going through group pickup. There you have the same content. Not everyone uses group pickup. I think since group pickup launched we have used it twice. Group pickup is not a big deal.

Okay, I don't care if I get an infraction. You need to change your signature. You are not being denied any content. You can still form a pre-made group to enter master mode. Moreover, IT IS ONLY MASTER MODE. Do you think you are entitled to same degrees of difficulty? Hell, that's like saying you are being denied entry to Ilum or Ziost because you are only level 15.

I really need to stop reading the forums today. :rak_04:

That is all,

Dasty the Hutt

P.S. Change your signature.

I'm not talking about Ilum or Ziost, i'm taking about lvl 70 subscriber with all chapters done. In this case, i strongly feel like i'm entitled to get all content because i pay for it.

I'm not talking about Ilum or Ziost, i'm taking about lvl 70 subscriber with all chapters done. In this case, i strongly feel like i'm entitled to get all content because i pay for it.

What part of ...

YOU GET TO DO THE UMBARA FLASHPOINT AT 70 DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

You can do it in STORY mode.

You can do it in VETERAN mode.

You can EVEN DO IT IN MASTER MODE if you form your own group.

Am I really this bad at communicating? Thank God liquor stores are open on Sunday's where I live. I can't look at these forums anymore today.

Peace out,

Dasty the Hutt (with Hutt-like intelligence, which some apparently don't have). :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

The Secret World players must pass a challenge to unlock the hard mode access. For instance, the DPS challenge is about to keep doing damage while moving and avoiding the AOE, also interrupt a cast. Tanks and Healers also have theirs. Check http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-secret-world/The_Gatekeeper

242 gear requirement is too much a grind, it'll reduce even more players able to join this FP. Practically players have to be over command level 300 to earn pieces high enough to balance the tier 3 and below they may still have.

What part of ...

YOU GET TO DO THE UMBARA FLASHPOINT AT 70 DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

You can do it in STORY mode.

You can do it in VETERAN mode.

You can EVEN DO IT IN MASTER MODE if you form your own group.

Am I really this bad at communicating? Thank God liquor stores are open on Sunday's where I live. I can't look at these forums anymore today.

Peace out,

Dasty the Hutt (with Hutt-like intelligence, which some apparently don't have). :rak_03:

What part of 242 gear in MM being mandatory don't you understand?

...for group finder.

The point of this thread is that it's probably a bad idea, but you can do a premade and walk up to the FP and run it on any mode. The "but it locks us out of GF rewards" argument has been made as well, but, the access to the content is still there. So while you'd be locked out of that particular FP for GF weekly, there are plenty of others to fill that with, you won't be locked out of the FP in general, since you can do a walk up to get it.

It is mandatory ONLY FOR GROUP FINDER.

Every single MMO I have played, and I mean EVERY has had skill / gear checks for certain levels of difficulty WHEN USING RANDOM GROUP FINDER.

Let's take WOW, for example. To do heroics, in WoD, you had to NOT only pass a difficulty trial, you had to have a certain Ilvl. For LFR, you had to meet a progressively higher Ilvl as the raids went on.

One can debate whether or not 242 is the right Ilvl, BUT you can still enter the FP, EVEN AT THE FRIGGIN' DIFFICULTY LEVEL you want, just not through group finder.

Off to liquor store...

Dasty

Every single MMO I have played, and I mean EVERY has had skill / gear checks for certain levels of difficulty WHEN USING RANDOM GROUP FINDER.

Let's take WOW, for example. To do heroics, in WoD, you had to NOT only pass a difficulty trial, you had to have a certain Ilvl. For LFR, you had to meet a progressively higher Ilvl as the raids went on.

One can debate whether or not 242 is the right Ilvl, BUT you can still enter the FP, EVEN AT THE FRIGGIN' DIFFICULTY LEVEL you want, just not through group finder.

Off to liquor store...

Dasty

This is NOT WoW.

I have only one thing to say:

Bioware, if you wanna make 242 gear as REQUIREMENT - make flaspoints drop 244-246 gear. PERIOD.

Now this I wholeheartedly support and would go further to say that I think the 242 req seems a bit steep.

Hopefully this thread can get back on track as opposed to being derailed by people who fail to realize that denial of a particular mode of entry to an advanced difficulty level is not the same thing as denial of content.

Are you just looking for something to complain about. You can do the MM without group finder. Not a big deal and furthermore we are not sure how they are going to do the gear rating since some people like me are smart enough to have augments and they have to figure that into the rating.

There have been some good justifications in this thread provided it's incentivized properly. If they increase and make new deco drops and drop better gear than 242 or drop new cosmetic items, that might actually increase the number of players in the queue rather than drive them away. CXP should be increased as well. If MM FP rewards stay the same and they want to institute the gear requirement, it's not much of an exaggeration to say the GF queue will never pop.

I'm in favor of more choice being provided to the players. Some have suggested a check box on the GF for those that only want to be grouped with a certain item rating. That's great for the players who feel their gear makes them skilled, and if I'm not in a "carrying newbs" mood, I might use that feature myself. But most of the time I do actually enjoy teaching new players and I'd like the opportunity to queue with them.

My only fear for that option is it will restrict new players from trying new content because all the "good" players will be farming it with only good players and that leaves no one to teach the newbs. In that case the newbs are just learning bad habits from other newbs, and worse, noobs. They'll never learn raid awareness or how to do things without cheesing mechanics and we will see a further reduction in quality players in the end-game community, leading to more frustration for ALL players.

But more options is a better solution than one strict requirement. Or nullify the gear slowing everyone down and raise bolster to the desired gear level.

Not entirely complete.

It will be mandatory in the group finder for the new HM FP only. Depending on the results, they may do something SIMILAR for the other HM FPs.

Too many people seem to think that with 5.4 all HM FPs will have a gear requirement of 242. Based on what Keith said, this is not true.

Not entirely complete.

It will be mandatory in the group finder for the new HM FP only. Depending on the results, they may do something SIMILAR for the other HM FPs.

Too many people seem to think that with 5.4 all HM FPs will have a gear requirement of 242. Based on what Keith said, this is not true.

Oh, you right...

After all, Bioware has never done anything stupid and hasty.

/sarcasm