Alderaan class stories. They are all crap?

Kniferunner

But the planet with the worst class stories has got to be Hoth. It's beautiful, it's wide open, the music is perfect, there's just nothing to fill it with and most of the class stories seem to be fetching/chasing missions and a lot of doubling back on yourself and not being able to use QT. I feel like most of the stories stall there.

Yeah I agree. I was fine with Alderaan most of the time, but I always got bored on Hoth.

Yeah I agree. I was fine with Alderaan most of the time, but I always got bored on Hoth.

Well it's another example of Star Wars writers not being imaginative to be honest. Hoth is literally an ice planet, there is nothing useful about and its not of strategic value. The only reason the Rebels were using it in Ep 5 was because they thought nobody would look there, why? Because there's nothing there!

So I really can't figure out why it appears in SWTOR or any other Star Wars material so often.

Thank you for mentioning that the bounty hunter and smuggler had some interesting things to do there. Because I've only played Consular, Knight, Inquisitor, Warrior and Agent. And I'm currently playing Trooper. :p

Without spoiling anything. The Consular had to solve a problem that would get worse over time, but you were doing minor politics stuff. I would have solve the problem with my spaceship. Crash landing and save the day. And buy a new ship.

The Knight...uhm...what happened again? I can remember what happened on the other planets...

Even when looking it up, it just didn't had that much impact to me.

The Warrior still had to work with a noble house. I understand gathering information. But they always throw in minor politics, or politics that do not affect you. Seriously. What happens if one house doesn't help you? As if that will stop a force user of the Empire.

Same goes for the Inquisitor.

And the Agent. Do you know how useful it is to have stealth abilities? You can sneak and infiltrate. I'm sure house Rist could use someone like that. But you are not going to Rist. You are going to prove yourself to another house, involved in minor politics. Because that's more important right now.

I forgot to mention that I love house Rist. That's the house I would like to join. But they are mostly the enemy in the stories? I also like politics, but not doing politics for someone else. I feel like I have to get their groceries or something.

Edited by Kniferunner

Well it's another example of Star Wars writers not being imaginative to be honest. Hoth is literally an ice planet, there is nothing useful about and its not of strategic value. The only reason the Rebels were using it in Ep 5 was because they thought nobody would look there, why? Because there's nothing there!

So I really can't figure out why it appears in SWTOR or any other Star Wars material so often.

The thing that makes Hoth valuable to the Republic is all the junk in the Starship Graveyard that belongs (belonged) to the Republic. That's it. They should have put a base closer to the stuff, yeah, but they would have had to fight through the White Maw first. They chose the slow route. Then the Empire came in SPECIFICALLY to frustrate and slow the process even more for the Pubs. So they're basically stuck there, and what's in the graveyard is too valuable to just abandon and leave for the White Maw and/or Empire.

The White Maw also uses Hoth as a staging point to disrupt shipping/trading lanes for the Pubs, Rift Alliance, and presumably the Empire.

Thank you for mentioning that the bounty hunter and smuggler had some interesting things to do there. Because I've only played Consular, Knight, Inquisitor, Warrior and Agent. And I'm currently playing Trooper. :p

Without spoiling anything. The Consular had to solve a problem that would get worse over time, but you were doing minor politics stuff. I would have solve the problem with my spaceship. Crash landing and save the day. And buy a new ship.

The Knight...uhm...what happened again? I can remember what happened on the other planets...

Even when looking it up, it just didn't had that much impact to me.

The Warrior still had to work with a noble house. I understand gathering information. But they always throw in minor politics, or politics that do not affect you. Seriously. What happens if one house doesn't help you? As if that will stop a force user of the Empire.

Same goes for the Inquisitor.

And the Agent. Do you know how useful it is to have stealth abilities? You can sneak and infiltrate. I'm sure house Rist could use someone like that. But you are not going to Rist. You are going to prove yourself to another house, involved in minor politics. Because that's more important right now.

I forgot to mention that I love house Rist. That's the house I would like to join. But they are mostly the enemy in the stories? I also like politics, but not doing politics for someone else. I feel like I have to get their groceries or something.

The nice thing about the Warrior story is you can punish them for wasting your time. And I LOVE the way the bodyguards take your side. Bounty Hunter gets some of that, too. It's satisfying making some of them pay for making you, a powerful figure in the galaxy beyond their stupid and petty planetary politics, their go-fer.

I think the Bounty Hunter gets the best of them all, too. That one DS choice that you get to make when a petty noble asks you for a quick bounty...whenever I make a new BH I can't wait to get to that scene.

One of my favorite scenes in the game. No matter how many times you've seen it never ceases to be funny, especially the follow up. "I may have negotiated with his face a l little."

Especially if your Bounty Hunter is Female. Some of her one liners, along with Mako's commentary are the best in the game for me.

My BH is female too. I love Grey DeLisle's voice acting.

Ok so I do have to say that from all class stories, the story arcs on Alderaan for each class is probably one of the weakest for most.

HOWEVER funny enough the counsular had a pretty good story in there since you directly influence the future of Alderaans politics. I found that to be really cool that the counsular has a very big influence on the situation of Alderaan.

In comparison the Tatooine arc for the counsular was mostly crap (except for the final mission).

Wait, the agent had a pretty cool arc there as well but the story arcs on other planets was definitely much stronger for the Agent.

And I disagree with act 2/3 being much weaker than 1. It does not apply to the counsular at all, it's the reverse. The jedi knight while cliche also has a very well done 2nd and 3rd arc and you can see which stories received most of the budget.

Sith Inquisitor was meh (then again, most of the Sith Inquisitor planet stories were meh).

Even the trooper had a better Alderaan story arc.

I've done all class stories on Alderaan, and I didn't hate any of them, but... I did get stuck on that planet every single time.Had to force myself to move on. Kept putting it away logging on another character instead. The problem is the planet itself and the crappy travel system there. Going from one quest hub to another takes forever on a speeder. Going from a quest source to its quest objective means a boring long ride where pretty much nothing happens. Rinse, repeat, over and over again. This is what kills Alderaan for me.