Stealth nerf on Packs? Mods and Enhancements from packs are now bound?

merovejec

Hey,

so they have done it, they have bound the gear dropped from crates. Before it was great as i had many 246/248 drops from crates on my toon which is full 248 and I used them to put, via legacy gear, in alts gear (mods and enhancements).

Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

I pulled mods and enh and armor TODAY and put it on legacy gear to pass over.

The actual shell has always been bound. You need to pull the armoring, mod, enh and put it on legacy gear first. This is normal and has not changed.

Edited by Kyrra_T

Were you trying to mail/store a legacy weapon or OH with a CM crystal/tuning? They changed the rules for transferring legacy items with bound CM items in them. They'll fix the issue in 5.4, but until then, you have to remove CM items that are bound from legacy MH/OH before transfer.

I can assure you that the modifications, enhancements, and even the hilts/barrels are not bound now. You can still mail them. In fact, I mailed two golden enhancements and mods from the 242 tier to my gunslinger yesterday. They're now inside his blasters.

Are you attempting to transfer a legacy item that has a cartel market item in it (i.e color crystal or tuning)? These things can't be traded around. Normal golden and purple mods can still be traded using legacy gear like in the past.

Edited by Alssaran

Were you trying to mail/store a legacy weapon or OH with a CM crystal/tuning? They changed the rules for transferring legacy items with bound CM items in them. They'll fix the issue in 5.4, but until then, you have to remove CM items that are bound from legacy MH/OH before transfer.

That might be the thing. If he's got a tuning or cm crystal in there, that would stop him from sending it over.

That might be the thing. If he's got a tuning or cm crystal in there, that would stop him from sending it over.

Yep. In which case, he is simply not up to speed on the patch.

Also bugs me that he used "Packs" in the thread title, when actually referring to "Crates". Yes it matters.. because Packs come from the CM and are on a completely different rant-rail in the forum. Choice of words does matter when picking a thread title.

Hey,

so they have done it, they have bound the gear dropped from crates. Before it was great as i had many 246/248 drops from crates on my toon which is full 248 and I used them to put, via legacy gear, in alts gear (mods and enhancements).

I've noticed sometimes you need to put on the legacy armor first if you are just pulling it out of your legacy cargo hold or you've just transferred it before putting in the mods.

Once you've equipped it you should be able to transfer or put it into your legacy cargo hold

Edited by Icykill_

Hey,

what have u been smoking m3-r0?

Hmm well i got a 246 chest on my sentinel and wanted to send the mod and enhancement to my alt but when i pulled it out and wanted to put it into my legacy alts chest i couldnt! It was bound!

Well I pulled quite a few yesterday, put them in legacy armor and stuck it in my legacy vault no problem. Are you attempting to mail the mods? If so, a message, which is not entirely correct does indeed display that says that the act of mailing will make the item unable to be transferred. That message is worded badly. You can still put those mods in legacy armor and other armor.

But if you want to believe that you, personally, all by yourself, got nerfed while everyone else can then I guess no one can really help you.

If you actually 'want' help please describe what you are doing. Are you pulling the mods, mailing them to an alt and then putting the mods onto an alts non-legacy armor piece? Are you reading a message that says you can't mail the mods? Are you reading a message that says you can't place the mod in the armor piece? Is the alt level 70?

I can tell you definitely that if you pull the mods, place them in LEGACY armor and put that legacy armor in your vault. Pull that legacy armor piece from your vault and place that armor on your alt it will work. As long as the alt is 70, since you are moving 246 mods.

Edited by Kyrra_T