Tonight me and my guild had A HUGE inconvenience in Iokath.

NogueiraA

So we went to do the new Operation, the leader placed the guild ship on Iokath, everyone used the "exit to Iokath" option. I got kicked from the ops group because I chose to support Imperial forces and they chose Republic forces...

Took us 1 hour to figure out how to put me inside the ops phase with everyone... I tried talking to a console that is supposed to let us switch sides, nothing happen. I couldn't find a way to switch sides.

Everyone had to go inside the phase, then one of them went to the guild ship to leave phase, invite me, another person that was in the ops phase had to go out and summon me, that worked...

Bioware WHY? Why do you have to create such inconvenience to your players? This game NEVER had a faction lock for PVE. Our choices while doing the chapters never affected the open world, grouping up and other stuff...

Now i'm here trying to switch sides and don't know how, I googled a lot of websites but all of them only says "now you can switch sides".. Nice, HOW???????

That's what happens when you group with traitors! ;)

On a more serious note, we had that problem too. People couldn't switch, and yesterday one was kicked from the group because he didn't finish Iokath story yet. It's fine, when you don't do the story, when you didn't start the story, but not when you'd mid story, and often with problems after you finished the story.

I usually switch side to Pub (my smuggler sided with Imps) a day or two before the planned Op, pick up weekly, do a few dailies and keep one or two them undone in my log. So far it worked to team up with Pubs without problems.

This was something they advised about snd was heavily discussed when the first operation boss came out that it's locked based on who you side with. Unfortunately more ops bosses are coming and since they are all part of the same operation it will be the same way. This is something that for now guilds need to fully communicate with each other prior to going to the Ops.

Hopefully any new operations going forward won't have this lock as it has been an inconvenience and issues for guilds since day 1.

It's a silly thing indeed and I can easily understand the frustration , but I would think you won't have this problem a second time.

Sometimes it's just better to use the grey cells and learn something. I suspect this won't be on their priority list, since you can avoid the issue by communicating with each other.

Just another example of Bioware making bad choices even worse by not considering the impact they will have on players.

The guiding principle for content, sub systems and mechanics design right now seems to be will it "sound cool" in principle no matter how badly its implemented.

It was a bad idea from the get go. And the way it was implemented made it even worse.

All The Best

Just another example of Bioware making bad choices even worse by not considering the impact they will have on players.

That's a little harsh, because it wasn't a "bad decision". It just means that you need to actually communicate more with guildies. Besides, your choice isn't really locked, because you can swap factions each week.

It's a silly thing indeed.

I don't think so.

I mean, because now we might finally get a defecting storyline! :D

I could be wrong, but I think it's easier to invite people to groups if you meet up with them first. I know I've had difficulty inviting people when we have been at different locations, as opposed to right clicking their profile thing. But then I haven't played for a while because I literally have the worlds worst internetz atm so I could be mistaken.

Edited by TyonYlle

That's a little harsh, because it wasn't a "bad decision". It just means that you need to actually communicate more with guildies. Besides, your choice isn't really locked, because you can swap factions each week.

I have NEVER been able to swap faction.

I've tried almost every time I logged in, and it always tells me I can't do it.

All The Best

All The Best

I'm sure you've already checked, but just in case, have you double checked that you don't have any unfinished Iokath dailies or the weekly? The weekly used to jam people up initially.

I don't remember the exact line, but it's a weekly reset. You have probably encountered a bug and should report it, because I've had multiple times where I've had to re-choose what faction to join.

I don't think so.

I mean, because now we might finally get a defecting storyline! :D

I could be wrong, but I think it's easier to invite people to groups if you meet up with them first. I know I've had difficulty inviting people when we have been at different locations, as opposed to right clicking their profile thing. But then I haven't played for a while because I literally have the worlds worst internetz atm so I could be mistaken.

Well, since you can change sides regularly, it makes no sense. If you got to choose once and that was it and you're stuck it with, it could make sense story-wise but still not because you'll divide people up making it impossible to play together, so either way, it's not a sensible thing to do in an MMO.

Or just wait for groupfinder day. SM only of course, but it's something

Nope. Groupfinder will let you group but then you can't go in the instance with people who don't have the same faction as the leader of the group.

So we went to do the new Operation, the leader placed the guild ship on Iokath, everyone used the "exit to Iokath" option. I got kicked from the ops group because I chose to support Imperial forces and they chose Republic forces...

Took us 1 hour to figure out how to put me inside the ops phase with everyone... I tried talking to a console that is supposed to let us switch sides, nothing happen. I couldn't find a way to switch sides.

Everyone had to go inside the phase, then one of them went to the guild ship to leave phase, invite me, another person that was in the ops phase had to go out and summon me, that worked...

Bioware WHY? Why do you have to create such inconvenience to your players? This game NEVER had a faction lock for PVE. Our choices while doing the chapters never affected the open world, grouping up and other stuff...

Now i'm here trying to switch sides and don't know how, I googled a lot of websites but all of them only says "now you can switch sides".. Nice, HOW???????

I have had this same problem. I had to abandon all Iokath quests to fix it.

It's very very annoying particularly since the operation is in an instance.

Well this is why we must have a PTS working for a month to get glitched code out before production releases

It's not glitched. They intended this. They have actually repeatedly said so. You can argue their reasoning, but it is not a glitch.

It's not glitched. They intended this. They have actually repeatedly said so. You can argue their reasoning, but it is not a glitch.

All things being equal, we need PTS to help get the patch successful and polished. If a majority of testers complain at least NW will know.

Edited by IntegrationArch

Where did they say that? I must be blind.

April 26th patch notes.

I have some information about not only the issue, but also when we are planning to get it fixed. Let’s talk about current functionality:

If you have an Iokath Daily or Weekly Mission in your log you will be unable to change Factions.

If you have completed a Daily Mission on Iokath, you will be unable to change Factions for the remainder of that day.

**The Bug** If you complete a Weekly Mission on Iokath, you will be unable to change Factions for the remainder of that week.

That last bullet is a bug and is not intended. We are in process of getting this issue fixed for GU 5.2.1 which is coming next Tuesday, May 2nd.

since the part bolded was the only part mentioned as a bug it stands to reason they intended the rest.

thats what u get for siding with the republic scum! :rak_03: