Seriously..

anesvik

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning against AI created by BW and a human are not the same level of difficulty :rolleyes:

With PvE you watch the vid, copy what they do in the vid and "win".

With PvP you spend months and years honing your skills and your reactions to all the abilities in all the other classes.

Humans > BW AI :p

You are correct.

As another poster has pointed out sometimes the AI is challenging.

But PvPers whose stock response to getting beaten is "He's OP!!!!"!1111111!11!!! Nerf Plz!" are not.

The simple fact so many PvPers are arguing against only being rewarded for winning suggests that they aren't spending even days honing their skills, that are clocking in for welfare epics.

If I'd spent weeks, months, years honing my skills I'd demand that PvP only rewards winners.

All The Best

But he is 100% correct.

I don't get the uber loot just for logging into the Iokath end-game content on hardest setting.

I have to actually be victorious over that content.

The same should be true of PvP.

PvP in MMORPGs invariably pander to players that want what WoW used to call "welfare epics" - epic gear for no skill, just a time investment.

You want the rewards?

Then WIN!

No rewards for 2nd place, except a repair bill.

Because that is all I'll get for failing in PvE.

The problem is that if that was how PvP was, most people wouldn't bother - because despite how much they claim otherwise its not about skill, perseverance, co-ordinated team effort etc. Its about "clocking in" for the phat loot.

I used to play FPS PvP in competitive leagues. Even on my best day I was never better than average. But the fun was that when I did get the reward I got it because I won, not just because I turned up.

In SWTOR PvPers get rewarded for just turning up.

All The Best

I'm not entirely opposed to only rewarding victory in PVP personally. Providing of course that stat gaps were removed first. Otherwise if you kept stat gaps and stopped rewarding participation you would end up being able to count the number of PVP players left in the game on 2 hands (maybe throw a foot in their for cover).

You only get rewarded in PvE for your time insofar as you win.

You can spend 10 hours in PvE if you want, but if you lose every fight you get NOTHING!! Except a hefty repair bill.

PvP should be the same.

All The Best

Also don't you get rewarded with "fun" even if you lose?

I mean if PVP/PVE feels like you have to get paid for it to enjoyable, it's time for those people to find another game. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, not feel like having a second (or first for some) job.

I'm not entirely opposed to only rewarding victory in PVP personally. Providing of course that stat gaps were removed first. Otherwise if you kept stat gaps and stopped rewarding participation you would end up being able to count the number of PVP players left in the game on 2 hands (maybe throw a foot in their for cover).

The rest of the idea involved 5 level brackets, so everyone would be close together, with no bolster, anywhere would be nice. Well, I say "idea", but really, it's just a thought. It's just a thought that, seeing as PvPers have already argued that PvP > PvE skill wise, they'd want to actually prove it. As it stands now, even with Leaderboards, all getting gear in PvP means is that you showed up. You didn't have to win, you didn't have to reach a specific kill threshold, you don't even have to actively participate, and you get rewards. For every "You have to do something or you don't get paid" I see here, I see "I got my rewards being AFK" in game. Remove all of that, and let the chips fall where they may.

I can tell by reading all the "nerf xxxx" threads that exist all over the internet when it comes to PvP. The rock paper scissors meme is a meme for a reason: PvPers have to have classes they can't beat nerfed, and classes they play always need buffed. Wait, I'm sorry, you meant forum rage skills, right? Tell me, what other MMOs do you PvP in? If any, do you get participation trophies there too, or is that the main draw: Check it out guys, swtor pays you for PvP even if you lose. Tell me, how long would you be here for PvP if they didn't pay you for losing?

You mean besides being a famous murderer in UO and playing EVE Online since launch? :cool:

Oh, you must be talking about the 100k insurance payout when you lose a billion isk ship in EVE; ya that's a real payout :rolleyes:

No, it isn`t. Every f... time in every MMO the bad PVPers whine their hearts out, and the PVE crowd has to face the consquences.

I am bad at PVP, guess which classes I have killed the most- troopers and mercenaries, according to wannabe PvP pros the most op classes in the game.

Absolutely Correct !!!!

You mean besides being a famous murderer in UO and playing EVE Online since launch? :cool:

Oh, you must be talking about the 100k insurance payout when you lose a billion isk ship in EVE; ya that's a real payout :rolleyes:

...and yet, PvP here needs to be "adjusted" to suit all your "accomplishments". Hey, when I blasted your ship in Eve, it was a great pay out, in satisfaction.

See what I did there? I've never played Eve, although some friends have encouraged me to check it out, but, hey, it's now on the internet, it must be true...

...and yet, PvP here needs to be "adjusted" to suit all your "accomplishments". Hey, when I blasted your ship in Eve, it was a great pay out, in satisfaction.

See what I did there? I've never played Eve, although some friends have encouraged me to check it out, but, hey, it's now on the internet, it must be true...

You lied to prove people can lie?

New at 11... :rolleyes:

You lied to prove people can lie?

New at 11... :rolleyes:

I followed your example? I laid out an unsubstantiated claim at how 1337 I am, in a context that has absolutely no bearing on the game we're actually discussing. Let me guess, you're day job is at CNN? Oh, I hope not, I wouldn't want to be the next Han***holesolo...

Edited by robertthebard