does anyone recognize the changes to madness sorcs ?

trabble

Yeah minor lag issues but I managed a 9350 parse now lol. I have two 246 pieces by the way on this toon, rest 248.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/299267/0

In my opinion you now should spam Lightning strike/Disturbance off of wrath proc whenever you can without delaying vanguish/Fib or alt. demolish/deathfield. And of course maintain dot uptime.

Still this buff is a bad joke really, on lightning I do same single target dps with the same crit rate really.

Why can't they just really balance this around Eng or at least Virulence Sniper? Is it that hard or do they just have no clue about their classes /and game? (IO merc should also be up with Eng sniper and now it is bellow even Virulence lol).

sigh, ok so now i can bubble people in raid if we don't have a sorc healer without running out of force...... but with bubble nerfed not sure it's really that worth it lol.

as far as dps. well. so far i've managed this:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/299263/0

and that seems like a lucky one htough, generally end up in the 8.6-8.7 area =(

and outside of bad APM (which i really odn' think i can press buttons any faster tbh) i honestly have no clue what else i can improve here. clearly something... no clue what though:confused:

Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

sigh, ok so now i can bubble people in raid if we don't have a sorc healer without running out of force...... but with bubble nerfed not sure it's really that worth it lol.

as far as dps. well. so far i've managed this:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/299263/0

and that seems like a lucky one htough, generally end up in the 8.6-8.7 area =(

and outside of bad APM (which i really odn' think i can press buttons any faster tbh) i honestly have no clue what else i can improve here. clearly something... no clue what though:confused:

It is still a priority system on madness but if you want the most "fool-proof" rotation (not optimal but effective and consistent) do this:

Opener is:

precast demolish->deathfield->(adrenals and buffs)->pol shift->affliction->creeping ter->leech->FL->LS->FL->LS-FL->Recklessness

Main rotation:

demolish->affliction->deathfield->leech->creeping terror->FL->LS->FL->FL->demolish (repeat the sequence until next pol shift window when you can repeat the opener basically)

Note: always start casting/hitting keybind of your next ability after force leech in the middle of force leech animation.

That will guarantee 100% dot uptime basically at the cost of reapplying dots a bit too early.

Or you can develop a priority system for yourself where you have to memorize different variation and iterations of each demolish/deathfield sequence.

5% buff is a joke man

I wish it were a 5% buff in actuality it is a 1,5%-2% buff. madness dps was 9K in 5.2, maybe 9,1 or 9,2K on good rng crit. You calculate from there to get it consistently to 9,6 or 9,7K after buff which is not the case at the moment really. At most it can do after changes is 9,5K-9,6K on godly and unlikely crit rate.

It is still a priority system on madness but if you want the most "fool-proof" rotation (not optimal but effective and consistent) do this:

Opener is:

precast demolish->deathfield->(adrenals and buffs)->pol shift->affliction->creeping ter->leech->FL->LS->FL->LS-FL->Recklessness

Main rotation:

demolish->affliction->deathfield->leech->creeping terror->FL->LS->FL->FL->demolish (repeat the sequence until next pol shift window when you can repeat the opener basically)

Note: always start casting/hitting keybind of your next ability after force leech in the middle of force leech animation.

That will guarantee 100% dot uptime basically at the cost of reapplying dots a bit too early.

Or you can develop a priority system for yourself where you have to memorize different variation and iterations of each demolish/deathfield sequence.

will try that opener for sure lol, because so far mostly i see opener like this on most parses:

Demolish

17:03:59.308 Polarity Shift

17:03:59.542 Creeping Terror

17:03:59.863 Unlimited Power

17:04:00.775 Affliction

17:04:00.776 Advanced Polybiotic Attack Adrenal

17:04:01.062 Recklessness

17:04:01.974 Death Field

17:04:03.161 Force Leech

17:04:04.390 Force Lightning

17:04:06.068 Lightning Strike

17:04:06.962 Force Lightning

17:04:08.567 Lightning Strike

17:04:09.467 Force Lightning

17:04:11.277 Force Lightning

another thing. does lightning strike actually do more damage than a full force lightning ? and do i clip said lightning if deathfield comes off-cd 1/3 or 1/2 into the channel?

and will do on the hitting next ability after leech in mid cast, thanks for tip >.<

Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

will try that opener for sure lol, because so far mostly i see opener like this on most parses:

Demolish

17:03:59.308 Polarity Shift

17:03:59.542 Creeping Terror

17:03:59.863 Unlimited Power

17:04:00.775 Affliction

17:04:00.776 Advanced Polybiotic Attack Adrenal

17:04:01.062 Recklessness

17:04:01.974 Death Field

17:04:03.161 Force Leech

17:04:04.390 Force Lightning

17:04:06.068 Lightning Strike

17:04:06.962 Force Lightning

17:04:08.567 Lightning Strike

17:04:09.467 Force Lightning

17:04:11.277 Force Lightning

another thing. does lightning strike actually do more damage than a full force lightning ? and do i clip said lightning if deathfield comes off-cd 1/3 or 1/2 into the channel?

and will do on the hitting next ability after leech in mid cast, thanks for tip >.<

Lightning Strike is a hit or (slight) miss ability. If it crits and under relics proc it can give a nice dps boost. Otherwise minor dps loss.

Otherwise a full Force Lightning will do more dps. If you can however fit in a Lightning Strike into a rotation interval instead of a clipped force lightning you should do so.

Anyways did a few parses on my full 248 sage and uploaded the best one. A flat 9500 dps. Flat 50% crit rate also on that one, so not ridiculously high like 52,5%+. Still I think a good 200 dps boost is in order for this spec (to be even around Virulence sniper level of sustained dps).

Its dps is not close to snipers. Madness is even worse than lightning. Bioware please read our feedback and give us another 5% buff. The class is underperforming

no madness is NOT worse than lightning. the only thing worse than lightning are arsenal & marksmanship..... at least based on average parse data lol. but yes madness could use some +300 i think >.>

no madness is NOT worse than lightning. the only thing worse than lightning are arsenal & marksmanship..... at least based on average parse data lol. but yes madness could use some +300 i think >.>

It's basically even now with Lightning after the joke of a buff even on long sustained fights where you don't need to move lol, maybe +100 dps over lightning (unbugged of course) but not worth it considering tell me a fight even in PvE which is of challange where you don't have to move lol.

So something is not right.

Was in DP hm yesterday and switched up from spec to spec on the pulls to see what was happening.

I would only play madness on add heavy boss fights in its current state over lightning if I had to choose. Even on a single target fight sustained where you just pew-pew (tyrans) lightning feels and is better.

Don't know about +300 but it could use more love. Yeah as soon as you move you know you cannot channel or have to break Force Lightning which is a huge dps loss, considering it powers all your important abilities and you need it to keep up any decent dps. Then retstarting the whole engine to get the 4 wrath stacks ewe...so slow.

It's basically even now with Lightning after the joke of a buff even on long sustained fights where you don't need to move lol, maybe +100 dps over lightning (unbugged of course) but not worth it considering tell me a fight even in PvE which is of challange where you don't have to move lol.

So something is not right.

Was in DP hm yesterday and switched up from spec to spec on the pulls to see what was happening.

I would only play madness on add heavy boss fights in its current state over lightning if I had to choose. Even on a single target fight sustained where you just pew-pew (tyrans) lightning feels and is better.

Don't know about +300 but it could use more love. Yeah as soon as you move you know you cannot channel or have to break Force Lightning which is a huge dps loss, considering it powers all your important abilities and you need it to keep up any decent dps. Then retstarting the whole engine to get the 4 wrath stacks ewe...so slow.

i say +300 mainly because from what data is available, viru & I.O. average around 9.4k with madness average seemingly at 9k :D:D plus, they did say that lightning / arsenal / MM is supposed to do mysterious target DPS-5%

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.