The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So...How many skimpy dressed Lanas do you think we're going to see today?

DarthPrimus

I'm not sure if you are serious or not here.

This was the #1 wanted change ever since Lana and co were introduced as companions.

it's a superficial change and a waste of developers time on something that in the end won't make one bit of difference in a fight or during a cutscene. i would rahter the developers spend time fixing the various issues in the game.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with it is they designed it wrong. They should have put that stupid flap on the shorts and not on the top. I like the top (minus that stupid flap), the shorts not so much but I have found uses for them. I actually pair the bikini shorts with a long top and use the bikini bottoms for under the top and actually make a dress of sorts.

I know what you mean, though I personally don't like the gold and the metal things. I also never understood the hat.:p

But I generally don't like the tassles they attach to tops either, like that Jedi set, both of them. Ambitious warrior (I think) and one that's kinda strapped around your body. I forgot what that one is called. But it has a breast band(?)

People have been asking BW to allow customisation of these companions since 4.x launched. Just because it's not on your personal list of desireables doesn't mean there's not high demand for it. You don't want to customise Lana or Theron (or other Ko* companions), then don't.

Look at the 5.3 patch notes - Bioware is a busy studio, and this is a drop in the bucket of all the things they're working on. It's certainly not the most complex - companions have been customisable since Vanilla, I doubt this was some great challenge that took hundreds of man-hours to complete. Bug fixes, class balance, and PvE content are all also in the patch. Even GSF is in their sights for active development, and I wouldn't be surprised if PvP was also scoped for content in a 5.x patch.

TL;DR: Untwist your knickers, BW is handling other "concerns" as well.

you know you didn't need to comment and overract, i'm stating my position and i'm allowed that opinion unless you are trying to state otherwise?

Here is something to do: When you see a player with a Lana dressed as a sex object, hit them both with snowballs. Make it a sport.

How about a drinking game? See a skimpy Lana, take a drink....I mean it has to be 9am somewhere...

Why is nobody talking about Koth?? You can dress him up too!!

Well, I mean, if they give me a bodybag outfit I can dress Koth up I suppose...

Well if a few scantily clad Lana's is the price we pay for getting to customize her look i can live with that, personally I plan on using the sith Recluse I think it just looks so good on female charecters. :)

Have to agree with you there. The Recluse armor does look good on females.

And for those who have turned this into some debate on whether it's a relevant change or not, again, see my OP. Keep it civil. If you want to argue semantics, go make your own thread for that. This one was meant to be for fun.

Edited by DarthPrimus

it's a superficial change and a waste of developers time on something that in the end won't make one bit of difference in a fight or during a cutscene. i would rahter the developers spend time fixing the various issues in the game.

In your opinion it was a waste of time but for quite a few people it wasn't. You don't have to change your companions if you don't want to but I remember when the expansions came out the numbers of complaints they had when we couldn't change the outfits. Now they are doing so and that is a welcome change.

What you consider important isn't always what others consider and they are working on other issues as well.

So while your opinion was it was a waste of time other opinions said it wasn't and at the end of the day BW took those people's voices and changed so people can put their companions in something different.

HEY NOW not everyone hates Koth. But if you want to do that then I want one for Lana (not a fan) :p

Touche'. To each their own. ^_^ But seriously, I don't hate Koth either. He's pretty cool when I play through as a Jedi. It's just as a Sith, his morality really messes with my mojo. :p

Interesting to note that people who go on and on about how the morality or values of others have no place in THEIR lives are usually the quickest to rage and trigger when others values and mores clash with their own....

Speaking of customizing companions, think they'll give us Companion Customizations for the KotFE/ET companions anytime in the near future? Wouldn't mind giving Koth a haircut...for realz! :cool:

That would be nice and I agree on Koth's haircut, so for now he is wearing a hat!

Interesting to note that people who go on and on about how the morality or values of others have no place in THEIR lives are usually the quickest to rage and trigger when others values and mores clash with their own....

Who exactly are we talking about here? This is meant to be a lighthearted discussion, mostly for laughs. Nobody is triggered or passing judgment here.

That would be nice and I agree on Koth's haircut, so for now he is wearing a hat!

Haha! Yeah, that was my plan. Throw a helmet on him to hide that mop! :p Make him look more like a proper soldier. :cool:

Edited by DarthPrimus

One of the big drawbacks for me making a level 65 character is that I think I've cut off my chance to kill Koth off....

I should have made a level 60, the five levels would have been worth it just to shove a saber in him again.

One of the big drawbacks for me making a level 65 character is that I think I've cut off my chance to kill Koth off....

I should have made a level 60, the five levels would have been worth it just to shove a saber in him again.

Oooh, I get it now. You were talking about Koth being triggered and being a hypocrite! I have to agree with you there for the most part. Like I said, though, depends on which side I'm playing, light or dark.

For the record, it's totally worth that extra 5 levels and 16 chapters to be able to stick a saber in him...

Just don't tell casirabit I said that. >.>

Edited by DarthPrimus

There is going to be a lot. I will get my snowballs prepared. They have been sitting in my legacy frig for a long time now. They will finally get some use

As to the Koth comments. My issue with is how much of a hypocrite he is. He can hate you for some of the decisions you can decide to make. But he never has a problem with Lana who agreed with your decisions. So for that reason he is a douche bag

Oooh, I get it now. You were talking about Koth being triggered and being a hypocrite! I have to agree with you there for the most part. Like I said, though, depends on which side I'm playing, light or dark.

For the record, it's totally worth that extra 5 levels and 16 chapters to be able to stick a saber in him...

Just don't tell casirabit I said that. >.>

Too Late!!!! :p

(But on a side note my sorceress killed him. He argued with her one too many times lol

i sense a disturbance in the force as if a 1000 slave bikinis were suddenly bought and were put on lana

P.S. do not know if anyone made this joke yet on this forum yet

You totally just won the forums for the day. I'd offer you a cookie, but the freaking monkey lizards stole them... :eek: