Tatooine

Thodra

You have to get a speeder of your own, then you can go anywhere you want. You can learn the skill at lvl 25, unfortunately the skill is 40k credits to learn, lol, of course along with buying a speeder, which are 8k on Tatoooine if I remember right.

You have to get a speeder of your own, then you can go anywhere you want. You can learn the skill at lvl 25, unfortunately the skill is 40k credits to learn, lol, of course along with buying a speeder, which are 8k on Tatoooine if I remember right.

That's unfortunately wrong. I'm in The Dune Sea and want to check out the top left had corner of map and even on a speeder I can't and get kicked off due to the stupid exhaustion zone. No exploration is crap. Big massive fail on bioware's part for that one.

That's unfortunately wrong. I'm in The Dune Sea and want to check out the top left had corner of map and even on a speeder I can't and get kicked off due to the stupid exhaustion zone. No exploration is crap. Big massive fail on bioware's part for that one.

So you would rather just have big rocks block your way? I am glad they went with something different. I liked tatooine. I explored a lot. You can't have an infinite zone. At least this way it doesn't FEEL like you are in a big bowl or crater...you just have invisible boundaries.

Seriously...get over it. It has to have limits.

ah well, guess i find out. Just in the movies/clips I've seen of the game, looks like you could run anywhere

Planets like Alderaan, Tatooine and Hoth are quite big in places, but no.. you can't go wherever you want. Compared to a game like Rift, wich is tiny, there's quite a bit to move around in though.

Edited by Lundli

Tatooine is huge.

There are exhaustion zones around the cities so that opposing factions cannot get to them.

Also, this isnt a sandbox game, the planets are already huge, dont expect to be able to explore everything everywhere.

What i hear from people here, above posts, you meet these exhaustion zone in the middle of nowhere too, not just the cities, or am i wrong, that it's only around cities?

I know it's not a sandbox game, but games like EQ2, WoW, you could atleast run towards things you could see... Hope the exhaustion zone only around cities.

Edited by Thodra

What i hear from people here, above posts, you meet these exhaustion zone in the middle of nowhere too, not just the cities, or am i wrong, that it's only around cities?

I know it's not a sandbox game, but games like EQ2, WoW, you could atleast run towards things you could see... Hope the exhaustion zone only around cities.

I didnt meet any exhaustion zones in the middle of nowhere, but then again, i know this isnt a sandbox game so im not going to run around a desert and pretend it is.

Would you rather instead of exhaustion zones they have massive mountains of crap like Taris?

I know it looks big, but i'm just confused about the exhaustion zones

Exhaustion zones are basically like a wall of trees or an un-passable mountain in any other MMO you would see to define boundaries.

From Anchorhead, you can take a speeder to Jundland which is huge. Its bigger than just about any WoW zone you can find and its fully explorable and you can run around wherever you want. Of course, it has its borders too, which are exhaustion zones.

Why don't you just try it instead of freaking out on the forums.

Edited by Claymaniac

• 3 weeks later...

I realize there are limitations to the "physical" space that can be made available to a player, not to mention multiple players, in any game. I don't even mind invisible walls, unpassable mountain ranges, exhaustion zones, etc....they are the nature of the beast when it comes to gaming; but the presence of these exhaustion zones right outside Anchorhead was very disappointing to me. I had brushed off the feeling of confinement in early worlds because I had read it opens up on later planets such as Tatooine. Areas like Nar Shadaa and Coruscant should be somewhat confining urban spaces (at least the sky view is beautiful and open to provide the sense of scale), but I was surprised to almost immediately encounter a barrier to my desire for unfettered exploration upon attempting to leave Anchorhead following my long-awaited first speeder purchase...very anticlimactic.

I am only level 26, and have not visited the Dune Sea yet, which I hear is very open, but I can't help but feel that these barriers reflect the desires of the game designers rather than the actual limitations of the game engine/server/code/whatever. I was a....don't laugh...SWG player and despite the games many flaws, the huge open areas really contributed to the epic sense of scale and the feeling of real exploration. I find it hard to believe that SWTOR is somehow innately incapable of having open areas like that; SWG launched 8 years ago, and it could pull it off. Although this thread is about Tatooine, this goes for other worlds and, of course, space too.

There are many things I like about the game, there are many things I would like to change about the game, but truly open worlds is towards the top.