Bring back MALAVAI Quinn

AnisaBadgett

We got back Quinn, not Malavai Quinn. Even SWs who romanced him.

I really see no reason why his name was taken away.

Everyone who hates him gets to kill him so they're not going to care.

I'm just hoping it's an oversight that can be corrected.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

We got back Quinn, not Malavai Quinn. Even SWs who romanced him.

I really see no reason why his name was taken away.

Everyone who hates him gets to kill him so they're not going to care.

I'm just hoping it's an oversight that can be corrected.

Yeah, this is one of those little details that bugs me. Hopefully it is an easy fix and one they actually get around to, sooner rather than later.

Maybe we'll bet Zavros back, and not Ashara Zavros... Let's see how that flies....

EDIT:

I'm way behind the gaming curve here, so finding out that my Jugg could wipe Quinn out was a spoiler for me. However, I just wanted to let you know, that even though I do hate the traitorous son of a Hutt, I want to kill Malavi Quinn, not just Quinn.

Edited by WorldSmasher

lol I can't tell if this is a trollish suggestion or you guys are serious with all those comments.

You should just report this as a bug that Malavai Quinn's name is incorrectly stated in game as just "Quinn". Lets just hope they don't name him Quinn Malavai after the complaints or you'll start with the same again.

They should fix it unless it is intended which makes me wonder..... is Quinn an imposter for Malavai Quinn? What if he's a replica droid wearing his skin and the real Malavai Quinn is still missing or is binded on a table being tortured by some sort of maniac fangirl in her "Lair of Shadows" stronghold?...

Damn people! Now I must meditate on this...

lol I can't tell if this is a trollish suggestion or you guys are serious with all those comments.

You should just report this as a bug that Malavai Quinn's name is incorrectly stated in game as just "Quinn". Lets just hope they don't name him Quinn Malavai after the complaints or you'll start with the same again.

They should fix it unless it is intended which makes me wonder..... is Quinn an imposter for Malavai Quinn? What if he's a replica droid wearing his skin and the real Malavai Quinn is still missing or is binded on a table being tortured by some sort of maniac fangirl in her "Lair of Shadows" stronghold?...

My request is serious, respectful and sincere. I have no information as to whether it was an oversight or done on purpose.

It's universal for post-Iokath-returned Quinns, so it is not a bug.

My request is serious, respectful and sincere. I have no information as to whether it was an oversight or done on purpose.

It's universal for post-Iokath-returned Quinns, so it is not a bug.

Its ok, I get it. But by "bug" I mean they might've mistaken while typing his name, maybe bug is not the correct word, so sorry for the confusion. What I mean is that if they did that mistake of course everyone will have the same name on their companions, so they just need to correct it. I don't see it hard to go back to that line in their code scripts and just add Malavai before Quinn. It doesn't really need effort and should not cause issues since is just a change to the name label.

For that is that I recommend you to ask for it in the bug report forum, telling them why do you think they made a mistake changing Malavai Quinn's name to just Quinn post Iokath. Because this isn't really a suggestion, is a correction pettition.

It irks me thinking that I'm not getting Malavi Quinn, but just Quinn.

Now imagine the uproar that would happen if we got Zavros back, and not Ashara Zavros.... You know neckbeards would become furious and rage unsubscribe until BW fixed that.

Lots of players romanced Andronikos Revel, imagine they only got back Revel and not Andronikos Revel? Another sh*tstorm would come up from that.

Changing a companion's character for the sake of story plot is fine, but changing their names? That's irksome.

• 4 months later...
Its ok, I get it. But by "bug" I mean they might've mistaken while typing his name, maybe bug is not the correct word, so sorry for the confusion. What I mean is that if they did that mistake of course everyone will have the same name on their companions, so they just need to correct it. I don't see it hard to go back to that line in their code scripts and just add Malavai before Quinn. It doesn't really need effort and should not cause issues since is just a change to the name label.

For that is that I recommend you to ask for it in the bug report forum, telling them why do you think they made a mistake changing Malavai Quinn's name to just Quinn post Iokath. Because this isn't really a suggestion, is a correction pettition.

I think it's more than just a typo. When you have Malavai Quinn decoration in your stronghold, the decoration does not become corporal when he's dismissed, like it does with all other companions. This shows that it's not the same character, but a replacement.

It might sound small, but for people who are investing in the story, especially for role-playing toons, it really breaks the experience.

I'd like to see his full name restored too. I see no story reason why it was truncated, and no one else suffered this fate. Elara Dorne is still Elara Dorne, both returned in Iokath.

Customisations worked for neither of them either. :(

I don't understand why the changed it tbh -- I can see that they can't return "Lieutenant Iresso" in the future if he has gotten a promotion, but Quinn didn't have his rank in his name.

If it a quick fix, I don't complain it getting fixed, but I don't really care either tbh. He's the same person, no matter the name tag, and my sw can't see that name tag anyway -- only I can. Besides, everyone calls him Quinn except sw who romanced him and maybe his mother (and I'm not sure about his mother, either :p).

Though, considering what sort of mess Iokath is (dark side corruption still doesn't work I assume? And companions being dismissed when you load in, and people are reporting their sprint being turned off, and who knows what), renaming Quinn might have been an attempt to avoid yet another bug, or something. If that's true, I doubt it's gonna get fixed until other parts of the Iokath get fixed, too -- and I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

Edited by Seireeni