The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Old Lana Customization

I'd actually much prefer customization packs like this - customizing her the same way Treek, Khem Val, etc. are customizable. I'm already cringing at the prospect of all the players who are immediately going to throw her into completely demeaning outfits because that's what they do to female NPCs...

Now that you are making her customizable please add her SOR version customization.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140908133225/starwars/images/6/67/Lana_Beniko.png

It's clothes, not customization objects. You'll be able to FINALLY get the poor girl out of that grey sack.

And before anyone starts, no, I don't mean I'll be putting her in a slave bikini, but I won't be leaving her in that GDMF sack either.

I'd actually much prefer customization packs like this - customizing her the same way Treek, Khem Val, etc. are customizable. I'm already cringing at the prospect of all the players who are immediately going to throw her into completely demeaning outfits because that's what they do to female NPCs...

Personally I would put her into her old Green/Black SOR outfit. I really loved old Lana more.

Personally I would put her into her old Green/Black SOR outfit. I really loved old Lana more.

That one's(1) going to get really, really expensive on the GTN, if it isn't already out of sight.

(1) "Lana Beniko's Armor Set". The "Dark Advisor" set is a simplified version of the grey sack.

Tomorrow that's what mine will be wearing. I hate her new outfit and her new hair :mad:

I wish they would make an actual customisation for her so we could have SoR Lana if we wanted. I also wish they'd somehow managed to code her so that she can't wear the Female Only clothing pieces...

I also wish they'd somehow managed to code her so that she can't wear the Female Only clothing pieces...

No. I reject this suggestion utterly.

I want to be *able* to give her the Social-Rank-I female-only "Elegant" set.

I know you're trying to prevent people from putting her in the "Slave Girl" set, but tough. I want to be able to use the Elegant set. (Not saying I will, but I want the option.)

No. I reject this suggestion utterly.

I want to be *able* to give her the Social-Rank-I female-only "Elegant" set.

I know you're trying to prevent people from putting her in the "Slave Girl" set, but tough. I want to be able to use the Elegant set. (Not saying I will, but I want the option.)

Damn, that's a lot of frills and lace! :D Wedding bells for Lana? :p

I'm surprised by how many don't like the current model of Lana. The SoR Lana looked like she never brushed her hair or got any sleep. I like this one's clothes and hair a lot more (and she's not wearing something totally form-fitting...so? Not every woman wants to...and it seems like a callback to Luke's outfit in RotJ). I'm going to dye the clothes so she's not in battleship gray anymore, but that's about it. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Tomorrow that's what mine will be wearing. I hate her new outfit and her new hair :mad:

I wish they would make an actual customisation for her so we could have SoR Lana if we wanted. I also wish they'd somehow managed to code her so that she can't wear the Female Only clothing pieces...

The average dev is a dudebro kind of guy, so slave girl outfits are in the game and pretty easy to acquire too, but tatooine robes aren't.

If they wanted to it would be easy for people not to see the slave girl outfit, they could do the same thing they did with the old outfits that change with faction, but they don't.

The BW of SWTOR has nothing to do with the BW of ME sadly.

Damn, that's a lot of frills and lace! :D Wedding bells for Lana? :p

Not exactly. It's more a question of everyone seeming to think that "female-only" and "slave girl" are synonyms, and they aren't. I actually think the Elegant set is a bit overfrilly myself, but I can see its application in RP.

Well, and there was the span of time (before 3.0) when my commandogirl went around with Elara with both of them wearing that set. It was a little ... surreal.

I also wish they'd somehow managed to code her so that she can't wear the Female Only clothing pieces...

Oh you are despicable... Braze yourself for the hate responses of many for that comment lol

I'm surprised by how many don't like the current model of Lana. The SoR Lana looked like she never brushed her hair or got any sleep. I like this one's clothes and hair a lot more (and she's not wearing something totally form-fitting...so? Not every woman wants to...and it seems like a callback to Luke's outfit in RotJ). I'm going to dye the clothes so she's not in battleship gray anymore, but that's about it.

Woah woah woah careful there buddy... Theres a very important rule regarding women, unless you want a good slap or a kick in the crotch remember that girls spend hours brushing their hair so no matter what a mess of hair they got, if they say they brushed it then its brushed. lol

Also remember we are running, jumping around, taking blaster fire, explosions and lightsaber hits all the time. How do you want a hair to look like considering that?

Anyways I love that hair on her more I can't even tell why, I just seem to love it lol. It might be just something related to my personal concept of beauty.

The average dev is a dudebro kind of guy, so slave girl outfits are in the game and pretty easy to acquire too, but tatooine robes aren't.

If they wanted to it would be easy for people not to see the slave girl outfit, they could do the same thing they did with the old outfits that change with faction, but they don't.

Yeah, that would be nice. Shae and Lana in the dancer outfits...all of my 'god why.'

Not exactly. It's more a question of everyone seeming to think that "female-only" and "slave girl" are synonyms, and they aren't. I actually think the Elegant set is a bit overfrilly myself, but I can see its application in RP.

Well, and there was the span of time (before 3.0) when my commandogirl went around with Elara with both of them wearing that set. It was a little ... surreal.

In truth I simply forgot that the frilly outfit with the ridiculous hat was female only, as I've only ever reached the Social rank necessary to acquire it on my very first toon years and years ago.

Oh you are despicable... Braze yourself for the hate responses of many for that comment lol

Ah, if only I cared! But alas, I do not. :cool:

Woah woah woah careful there buddy... Theres a very important rule regarding women, unless you want a good slap or a kick in the crotch remember that girls spend hours brushing their hair so no matter what a mess of hair they got, if they say they brushed it then its brushed. lol

Also remember we are running, jumping around, taking blaster fire, explosions and lightsaber hits all the time. How do you want a hair to look like considering that?

Anyways I love that hair on her more I can't even tell why, I just seem to love it lol. It might be just something related to my personal concept of beauty.

I'm a woman, don't need to be told that, LOL! And no, it's not 'hours'!

The SOR hair just looked matted...the way it was animated made it look like it was in clumps. The entire time I was playing SoR, I loved Lana regardless but I wanted to take her for a girls' day at the local salon...The current hair is much sleeker, IMHO, and I love the jagged edges on it.

Part of my pet peeve with how some players costume their female characters is exactly what you mention...it's like, they're actually fighting in a war. They're not going to do that very well without pants, in a frilly dress or in a slave girl costume. Personally, I think Lana would cut anyone who even suggested she walk around like that...:D

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Sad but true, all of it. I'm actually running to the Fleet now for my Manaan stronghold, and then...I honestly don't want to go back. Because I really don't want to see all the slave Lanas.

The SOR hair just looked matted...the way it was animated made it look like it was in clumps. The entire time I was playing SoR, I loved Lana regardless but I wanted to take her for a girls' day at the local salon...

Well, they WERE on jungle planets with high humidity..

I'm a woman, don't need to be told that, LOL! And no, it's not 'hours'!

The SOR hair just looked matted...the way it was animated made it look like it was in clumps. The entire time I was playing SoR, I loved Lana regardless but I wanted to take her for a girls' day at the local salon...The current hair is much sleeker, IMHO, and I love the jagged edges on it.

Part of my pet peeve with how some players costume their female characters is exactly what you mention...it's like, they're actually fighting in a war. They're not going to do that very well without pants, in a frilly dress or in a slave girl costume. Personally, I think Lana would cut anyone who even suggested she walk around like that...:D

Oh chomps lol... I didn't knew. My ex really cared for her appearance being perfect when we were outside together, so much that she actually went really mad if you let her know her hair didn't look brushed, that's why I had to lie to her most of the time (considering wind, rain, dirt messed it all the time), I didn't liked it lying to her but at least she stayed happy that way.

And I agree she would'nt be amused, but leave the fight a war naked part aside; Even if you ask/force her to wear that in public would trigger a huge hate and a well delivered punch at least. xD She's very strict with herself about her image, she would'nt let you make her pose in demeaning ways (at least not in public I can guess lol).

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

Woah woah woah careful there buddy... Theres a very important rule regarding women, unless you want a good slap or a kick in the crotch remember that girls spend hours brushing their hair so no matter what a mess of hair they got, if they say they brushed it then its brushed. lol.

Oh honey, you need to get to know a larger variety of women.