Command Rank Needs to Be LEGACY Wide

Anzel

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with CXP needs to be Legacy wide. Bioware made it a very ALT friendly game with introduction of more slots and even the whole Dark vs Light leveling. They made CXP grind moronic and not ALT friendly. They need to fix.

The 25% legacy buff is silly.

No it don't there is no logical sense on how a fresh 70 can have rank 300 CR and never have done a thing to earn it.

Please nobody take offense to this statement here but I bet none of you grew up playing a table top MMO. D&D, Vampire anything like that. Never was anything a toon did in those games carried over to a fresh toon

My guess is none of you have a vested intreset in the toon itself. Just lets get everything done as fast as possible. It is not the player but the toon the player is playing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure its a pain in the butt to level a bunch off different alts to 300 CR but having it account wide is not the way to go about this.

Idk if any of you play Legion but WoW now has that AP stuff. When you max out your research for you weapon to boost your ap you can buy items to send to alts that boosts the ap gains maybe this would be a better idea. You get 1 to 300 and then you can buy an item boost from the token vendor that gives you a perm bonus to your CR

Edited by Upirlikhyi
added something

No it don't there is no logical sense on how a fresh 70 can have rank 300 CR and never have done a thing to earn it.

Please nobody take offense to this statement here but I bet none of you grew up playing a table top MMO. D&D, Vampire anything like that. Never was anything a toon did in those games carried over to a fresh toon

My guess is none of you have a vested intreset in the toon itself. Just lets get everything done as fast as possible. It is not the player but the toon the player is playing.

It reminds me of old people saying how it was back in the days. I get it, things were different, now people need to accept things change, we move forward and make progress. Very few people are happy with the cxp system yet they seem to refuse to get rid of it, why not make it more tolerable? They tried, it got a bit better but it's overall still bad.

If legacy wide really can't be a thing, maybe they should remove the pre 70 lockout. Is there any real reason why you can't start gaining cxp before 70? It's not like you can wear the armor it drops beforehand or join ops, do chapters etc. It's a fair compromise imo!

Edited by Eshvara

It reminds me of old people saying how it was back in the days. I get it, things were different, now people need to accept things change, we move forward and make progress. Very few people are happy with the cxp system yet they seem to refuse to get rid of it, why not make it more tolerable? They tried, it got a bit better but it's overall still bad.

If legacy wide really can't be a thing, maybe they should remove the pre 70 lockout. Is there any real reason why you can't start gaining cxp before 70? It's not like you can wear the armor it drops beforehand or join ops, do chapters etc. It's a fair compromise imo!

Account wide CR is not a good idea. And neither is giving it before 70 its a reward for hitting max level. I've said what I have to say its a bad idea. I will assure you that if it goes account wide there will be posts there is nothing for me to do.

This is not a change that needs to be made. It's not a logical change. You people are only seeing it cause you dont want to level it on a lot of toons but it is not a logical change.

But whatever. I said what I had to say. I am done explaining why this make no sense because it seems to me that people only want the fastest route to things anymore.

Account wide CR is not a good idea. And neither is giving it before 70 its a reward for hitting max level. I've said what I have to say its a bad idea. I will assure you that if it goes account wide there will be posts there is nothing for me to do.

This is not a change that needs to be made. It's not a logical change. You people are only seeing it cause you dont want to level it on a lot of toons but it is not a logical change.

But whatever. I said what I had to say. I am done explaining why this make no sense because it seems to me that people only want the fastest route to things anymore.

Well it's your opinion and you have every right to state it!:)

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure its a pain in the butt to level a bunch off different alts to 300 CR but having it account wide is not the way to go about this.

Idk if any of you play Legion but WoW now has that AP stuff. When you max out your research for you weapon to boost your ap you can buy items to send to alts that boosts the ap gains maybe this would be a better idea. You get 1 to 300 and then you can buy an item boost from the token vendor that gives you a perm bonus to your CR

1. No offense taken, but it's your opinion and I don't share that same viewpoint for a couple reasons:
  2. If you earned it grinding out another then you have IMHO already "Earned It" and that 70 being your legacy character should benefit from that like the 25% Legacy booster. Legacy wide would be you level it across multiple characters at the same time if you want or single if focused.
  3. I played D&D, other MMO's, etc. and none of them gutted my main class and forced me to re-roll to be viable. CXP did just that and to spend months getting up to 300 again on an ALT is just silly. VESTED yes and I've actually several of the same class - My Sorc Heals has been my main character since I got my "Founder" title years ago. Now it's again a joke class to play. So if I want to play and do content I have to suck it up or re-roll FOTM (Which I hate doing) or quit playing (A very likely option).
  4. Pain in the butt is an understatement. It's a GRIND plain and simple to keep people busy. I don't want to waste my time on another character after the initial time sink is already spent. I already used all my spare CC's and even bought a great deal of boosters with Command comm's. I refuse to spend real money for CXP because the moron in charge at the time thought "RNG is exciting" and rolled it out. Bioware created this problem with ALT's being useless so they need to FIX that problem. The 25% legacy buff was a flat JOKE and it should have been 100% and folks would have likely been totally happy with that, but instead it was a slap in the face 25% buff.
  5. Except in WOW you have catch up mechanics for AP grind for ALTS. Heck you can use your iPhone to send companions out to get AP as well. All 12 of my ALTS have AK40 in WOW and I don't even play them all. With 7.3 coming it's even more mind numbing weekly gain of AK from 41>50. So you can again send companions out to collect AP with missions. Heck we don't even had a mobile app for SWTOR, but back to ALT unfriendly post.
  6. Not sure what BOOST you are talking about. You can shell out 3.5 million PER character for 10% and then a legacy one gives you 25% across the board. That doesn't exactly make the 1>300 grind any quicker.

Edited by dscount

No it really doesn't, a brand new 70 should not be starting at 300 that's like saying I have a max level warrior so every new warrior I start should be 70 so I can access all abilities from korriban.

That said I am fond of speeding up once you have a 300 so the characters still do some work but can get there faster than a first time (which bioware have already implemented).

I wouldn't want to be rank 300 with a fresh-70 ...

BUT a compromise could be:

when u leveled one toon to 300 the Legacy wide buff u get is not 25% but 100% or even 150% so that it would be significantly faster to level alts

1. If you earned it grinding out another then you have IMHO already "Earned It" and that 70 being your legacy character should benefit from that like the 25% Legacy booster. Legacy wide would be you level it across multiple characters at the same time if you want or single if focused.

That's the point of contention I think. If you earned it on Character A, you have not earned anything for Character B, C, or D. They are completely seperate characters. If you earned CR 300 on Character A before you even created Character B, why on earn would Character B have gained any experience whatsoever at a time it didn't exist yet?

I get that it's annoying as hell to grind that all out. I don't think anyone's disputing that point, but, it's also the reason so many people are concentrating on just one character at a time. In that view, just the one character it's not terrible, if less than ideal. Conversely, howeveer, yeah, it's a pretty bad system for ALTs, no question.

Thing is, you can make the same argument for leveling characters. "Well I leveled my Operative to 70, why should I have to level my new Sniper to 70 if I already leveled my legacy character main to 70?" Does that seem reasonable, ya know?

1. I played D&D, other MMO's, etc. and none of them gutted my main class and forced me to re-roll to be viable. CXP did just that and to spend months getting up to 300 again on an ALT is just silly. VESTED yes and I've actually several of the same class - My Sorc Heals has been my main character since I got my "Founder" title years ago. Now it's again a joke class to play. So if I want to play and do content I have to suck it up or re-roll FOTM (Which I hate doing) or quit playing (A very likely option).

I was big into table toping myself. But, comparing Table Top Games to an MMO isn't really a fair comparison. One involves 3 or 4 virgins sitting around a table eating doritos and rolling some dice around while someone tells tham everything that's going on around them and asks how they respond. MMOs involve 7 gazillion people around the world trying to a great many of the other players or vs computer enemies that don't care how overpower or underpowered a character is.

The reality is that MMOs can do whatever they want, they can make any changes they want, they can make any class suck or be Godlike. You have to expect Buffs and nerfs will happen and that it may at some point effect a character you are playing negatively. It sucks, yeah, but that's part of MMOs. Besides, you had the run of playing OP to enjoy for a while at least. You can't keep an overpoerforming class OP indefinately because it's going to inconvience it's players if they bring it back down to earth. But even still, even if a class is OP I don't expect people to like being nerfed no matter how justified it is. That's the danger you run when you play a class that is so clearly overperforming. To be honest though, Mercs and Snipers? OP AF, Corruption Sorcs, I could care less how much they can heal, that sometimes helps you and sometimes helps the enemy. Problem wasn't with Sorcs healing to much, the problem is with DPS healing themselves to much.

Unless you are doing NiM Operations and possibly ranked in certain specific instances, no class or spec will be unable to perform their necessary function adequately. But, I wouldn't like it either.

CXP boosts can be purchased very cheaply on fleet at the same area you buy T4 gear with UCs at. There is a 25% boost for 3 hours that costs some tokens that you get for free from crates and 10k credits which is nothing. You can get a 100% CXP boost for 1 hour for increased tokens and 50k credits. None of which are going to break the bank. You will almost certainly have an overabundence of tokens so you don't even need to consider that and for 10k-50k, that takes like 4 minutes to earn. So you can consider going that option as well. It will not only increase the speed of gaining CXP levels but the speed at which you recieve the crates as well.

I'm not deadset against command rank being legacy wide personally, but the arguments against it make a great deal of sense. But, even if CR was made legacy wide, which I don't think would be a momumental no no, I am firmly against UCs being increased or made legacy wide. That would be unfair and ridiculous. Besides, you have the option of earning UCs on your main than buying T4 gear and putting its guys into legacy gear and sending it to an alt that way. Granted you can do that with earpiece, relics or implants, but I'd hardly consider that an unreasonable grind to have to actually do the work on the alt to get those 5 pieces of gear.

There shouldn't be price breaks, coupons, or buy 1 T4 piece of gear and get 1 free. You should have to earn every single piece of gear the same way you did so on the first character you earned on.

Grinding and MMOs go hand in hand. LOTRO, STO, DDO, EQ, NWN, they all make you grind for gear.

We're all in the same boat, we all have to do the same things to earn the gear, no one's getting a free ride. We should have to earn what we get [gear] the same way every time on every character. They're different characters, they're different people. Using Ambush doesn't prepare you for how to use Ravage.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

What you want is to be able to level a character, let's say 10 Command Levels in an evening, then swap over to all of you other characters and have 10 Command Crates waiting for each of them in their inventory.

That's complete and utter nonsense. Nowhere in the OP's post does he suggest that leveling a single command rank on one character would award each character a command crate.

The system he wants is described easy, and I fail how anyone could come up with such a jump of logic as you did in that quote. The command rank is shared between all characters within a legacy. Whether that is all characters of the same faction, same "base class" (Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight) or all of them is up for discussion. When Paul, his Juggernaut, has achieved rank 300, he can switch to his Guardian Frank and do a level up. And for that level up, Frank receives a t4 crate instead of a t1 crate. However, that crate is only for Frank. There is no legacy wide reward for dinging a level on a character.

You can support this and you can deny this. Either way works fine, and there are many reasons for either of those depending on whether you are an altaholic or a "holy main" player. But don't come up with such nonsensical jumps of logic and attribute such greedy intentions to the OP's post when in no way he asked for such a feature, implied it should be handled that way, or otherwise made any attempts to have rewards for each level be rewarded to each toon when a single one dings.

Edited by Alssaran

I do think they should make GC grind more "alt friendly". Perhaps this could be achieved by deriving a multplier from the character on your account with the highest command rank, say... 0.5% CXP bonus per CR for every character below your highest CR. So if one character has 300 CR, and another has 0, the one with 0 gets 150% CXP boost until they surpass 300, at which point the boost is taken from that character (150.5%). If that scaling is too much, you could cap it at 100%, to keep inflation to a minimum when CRs are increased; so the boost would scale up to rank 200 and no further. You could even cap it at 200 CR, with no boost past 200 CR.

Further to this, I do think that once you hit a certain CR threshold on one character, all other character should get minimal CR whether they are level 70 or not. However, no command crates should be awarded until a character reaches level 70, and any ranks achieved during the levelling process should not retroactively award command crates once they hit 70.

To tie it all in with existing systems, these benefits could be purchased through the legacy system.

Again, this is all in the interest of making the game alt friendly. Every character should have to go through the same progression to one extent or another, but I do feel in a game that encourages you to play other characters - and gives you bonuses for doing so - should include all game systems in that philosophy.

The reality is that CR is setup the way that it is right now not to make the game better or make the gameplay experience better for players, but to keep you subscribing for as long as possible. That is weak, frankly.

Edited by indelible

I do think they should make GC grind more "alt friendly". Perhaps this could be achieved by deriving a multplier from the character on your account with the highest command rank, say... 0.5% CXP bonus per CR for every character below your highest CR. So if one character has 300 CR, and another has 0, the one with 0 gets 150% CXP boost until they surpass 300, at which point the boost is taken from that character (150.5%).

Further to this, I do think that once you hit a certain CR threshold on one character, all other character should get minimal CR whether they are level 70 or not. However, no command crates should be awarded until a character reaches level 70, and any ranks achieved during the levelling process should not retroactively award command crates once they hit 70.

To tie it all in with existing systems, these benefits could be purchased through the legacy system.

Again, this is all in the interest of making the game alt friendly. Every character should have to go through the same progression to one extent or another, but I do feel in a game that encourages you to play other characters - and gives you bonuses for doing so - should include all game systems in that philosophy.

The reality is that CR is setup the way that it is right now not to make the game better or make the gameplay experience better for players, but to keep you subscribing for as long as possible. That is weak, frankly.

I'd say that's a reasonable compromise and worthy of consideration.

I'd say that's a reasonable compromise and worthy of consideration.

What about just a straight up CXP boost for every character we have at 70? Say like 5% to 10% per level 70 for all characters at 70? That would certainly give a large boost to people who have a lot of level 70 alts. Per server of course, we wouldn't want to get too silly.

Warframe would die if you'd get Mastery Rank 0 each time you start a new character on same account.

Swtor is on life support because you get Command Rank 0 each time you start new character on same legacy.

BioWare encouraged us to play Dark vs Light 2016 event, encouraged players to have alts, then introduced pay to RNG outside of Cartel Market (Galactic Command) that benefits no alts they encouraged us to have, and then showed us we can pay extra to play RNG outside of Cartel Market at faster rate, that also does not encourages us to play alts they wanted us to have.

For people who want to level from zero each new character in Command Rank / Valor Rank / Social Points / Reputation / Currencies / let them. For people that want all play time to count on every character, let them to. Give players option to decide if they make fresh start with new character, or not. Now both type of players can play how they want. Instead to bash each other on forums.

Edited by BoySaber

The command experience (not the one you get at 300) should have been legacy wide but it is per character and that can cost up to 3 m per character. That can be expensive to those of us that have more than 3 characters. That should have been legacy wide to begin with not character wide.

Personally I just want the command rank system gone, its not fun for me and I would rather it be just plain gone.

GC and RNG were two of the worst things ever added to this game, the sooner both are gone the better.

Personally I just want the command rank system gone, its not fun for me and I would rather it be just plain gone.

GC and RNG were two of the worst things ever added to this game, the sooner both are gone the better.

Already been stated that the CXP is not going away. They have stated they will keep improving it though

I think the idea of GC is good. I like 4 of the 5 slots (rep, crafting stuff, org gear, tokens). Get rid of the RNG and put some currency in place of all the blue earpieces you get at GC300 and it will be a decent system.

As for GC being legacy wide, I don't think it really "has" to be if they put make a currency that is legacy wide that can be used to buy the gear. Seriously, the only gear that "needs" to be bought is the left sides anyway (and off-hand generators for those of us that haven't done the gree grind) Armor/weapons can all be put in legacy bound items and sent back and forth until you get sets for all of your 52 toons.

Yes, sending gear is a pain in the butt if you have to port somewhere and put it in the vualt/mail, then login on another toon and then put it on, etc.... for each toon, but that is what legacy gear is for.

That being said, if GC was legacy wide, you would be earning 14 tokens each level with each level 70 toon, and could get gear faster if they would take the RNG based "gea slot" out and put a gear currency in. I have been saying from the beginning, Leave the Crates, i love the things I get in them that aren't in the "gear slot". Pull the "gear slot" out and make that a "currency slot". Then let me buy the gear I want. Best of both worlds!

Edit: So... that was clearly on both sides of the fence..... my suggestion is to make a currency that is legacy wide, take out the gear slot and let us buy gear again.

Edited by MacCleoud

BioWare encouraged us to play Dark vs Light 2016 event, encouraged players to have alts, then introduced pay to RNG outside of Cartel Market (Galactic Command) that benefits no alts they encouraged us to have, and then showed us we can pay extra to play RNG outside of Cartel Market at faster rate, that also does not encourages us to play alts they wanted us to have..

Yeah, that was messed up, to run Dark vs Light that massively encouraged the creation of alts to be directly followed by a gearing system that punishes you for playing alts, that was just bad business.

LOL, this x99999999. I've already leveled like 20+ characters to level 70 LOL. Now they have garbage gear and I have re-level every one of them to level 300 of yet another made up system? Nah bro. I'm out.

At least if it was legacy wide I would be more likely to at least log in and play the damn game. Right now I just feel plain discouraged. There is enough to do in this game by now. They don't need fabricated grinds.

Yeah, that was messed up, to run Dark vs Light that massively encouraged the creation of alts to be directly followed by a gearing system that punishes you for playing alts, that was just bad business.

My biggest complaint. I shouldn't play the 30+ characters because its not effective use of my time. Instead I need to play my single MAIN so I can get another 300 chest of RNG fun and get nothing of use (Again).

Already been stated that the CXP is not going away. They have stated they will keep improving it though

Fine, hold on to that rock till they hit the bottom but I would really rather they get feedback that lets them know that rock needs to be dropped. None of us here want this game to completely fail, its why we bother posting. We want the game to be fun, as fun as it can be. I am not asking to drop CXP randomly because I think it might help, I am asking because it will make the game clearly better for me.

Ending CXP and RNG is the best and only true fix, anything else is just a bandage. Lets push for a fix.

You know it wouldn't be so bad but WE ALL KNOW that this will be replaced in 6-12 mos with something else making the current grind obsolete. With every major publish they wipe away all of your hard work with another senseless grind. How many times have you geared your main? Yeah.

Um, I dunno. I mean, I like the thought that no matter what toon you play you're still adding to your overall rank but keeping them separate means more crates in the long run. Neither sounds like a bad choice in my opinion.