Stealth revives as a healer

In the heat of fights, when someone goes down as an Operative/Scoundrel healer- I'm often asked mid fight to stealth rez- from what I've read up on this since most of the time the stealth rez option involves me being the only healer up or being in a really bad position where stealth rezzing, involves me not having HoTs up on other people which I do religiously/any active heals on people.

How viable is it a technique in HM and NiM for me to duck out and stealth rez given the more demanding level of healing? As a disclosure, the only other stealth on our team is our main tank so if this is something I'm going to have to do, it would be nice to have some current advice on doing it that's key to healers and not DPS without causing a wipe via lack of heals (as in firsthand situations during HM/NiM raids) and if this is something better avoided with our off-tank taking over and our Assassin tank doing it or something we can only really risk once per fight or in certain parts of fights. Because we are starting progression into HM, I want to at least be able to do everything I can for my team but know when it's a bad idea as well since SM and HM are two very different things.

Thanks.

In the heat of fights, when someone goes down as an Operative/Scoundrel healer- I'm often asked mid fight to stealth rez- from what I've read up on this since most of the time the stealth rez option involves me being the only healer up or being in a really bad position where stealth rezzing, involves me not having HoTs up on other people which I do religiously/any active heals on people.

How viable is it a technique in HM and NiM for me to duck out and stealth rez given the more demanding level of healing? As a disclosure, the only other stealth on our team is our main tank so if this is something I'm going to have to do, it would be nice to have some current advice on doing it that's key to healers and not DPS without causing a wipe via lack of heals (as in firsthand situations during HM/NiM raids) and if this is something better avoided with our off-tank taking over and our Assassin tank doing it or something we can only really risk once per fight or in certain parts of fights. Because we are starting progression into HM, I want to at least be able to do everything I can for my team but know when it's a bad idea as well since SM and HM are two very different things.

Thanks.

It is something that is necessary for heals to do in HM and NiM from time to time. When you have to make sure to call out for people to take their HOTs off or make sure you do not put HOTs on anyone before proceeding. Make sure to let your group know that you are stealthing as well that you are so no one puts HOTs on you either! Timing is everything so you'll have to just practice and pay attention to the fight so you won't be pulled back into combat before pulling off the rez.

If you are unavailable to stealth rez and your OT can take aggro then that's when your MT stealther can stealth rez in your place.

Something to note: the person who you stealth rez can go around rezz'ing those who are dead as well if they haven't gone back into combat.

Thanks.

In a 16m, I think it is very viable. I think it is not unreasonable for you to ask people to RIGHT CLICK off their HoT buffs. But personally, concealment scrapper is very much on par with deception infiltration, so if you can afford the dps loss, have one of them do it. The group I run with tends to call out "No heals on X" whenever we go to stealth rez. In an 8m? It depends -- one player dying may mean a wipe either way.

Also, I think your other healer has to be really strong to compensate while you are not healing, and/or people need to be ready to use DCD's.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

As others have said, take your hots off and don't apply any to anyone. It also helps to announce it and if possible have the raid move around you or hold the current "phase" of the boss as best as possible. While you wait for hots to fall off people do single target heals to keep people up. I do HM/NiM content and do this often, usually a dps tries first then the healer, but in your situation you would have to do it. One last thing, make sure no raid wide dmg is about to go out when you attempt to stealth ress the dead.