The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

StarWars Han Solo film

Sith-Viscera

Do not know if this been talked about yet as far as:

Ron Howard Or as i use to call him Opie Cunningham or Richie Taylor,( i am showing my age ) is Set to take over the job of Director of this untitled Han Solo film. I wasnt gonna see this one, i think they should leave this one alone. but Now that Howards on the job i may see it after all.

Now i leave you walking towards a lake with my little son with fishing poles and gear in hand & whistling a song.

🎵 🎵 🎵 1,2,3, O'clock, 4, O'clock rock. 5,6, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock rock. 9, 10, 11 O'clock, 12 O'clock, Rock. We're gonna rock, around the clock tonight. 🎵 🎵🎵 🎵 🎵

Take Care & Be Well.......

Ron Howard has done more than just comedy movies in his extremely lengthy career in front of and behind the camera. Taking on a Star Wars film would not be problem for him. now, if they had hired adam sandler...then i might be worried...or jj abr...whaaaaaaaaa. Edited by Qouivandes

Ron worked with George Lucas & Kathleen Kennedy to make the film Willow. Personally I think the casting of Woody Harrelson of Cheers will make Star Wars less of a Star Wars movie. Rogue One was fantastic far surpassing TFA and worthy to be considered part of the original trilogy but as far as a Han Solo movie goes I wish they would've left his character alone.

Millenial kids go watch Willow it's actually a very good movie.

Ron Howard is competent, the three Dan Brown adaptations are decent but not great. To the great movies he's done I would count in Apollo 13. The Missing, but take a look here and you'll probably will be suprised both of the diveristy and some of the great movies he's done. I think Star Wars is just what his CV are missing, of he's latest I really recommend Rush. Edited by t-darko

What experience does he have, I mean, I thought he was a comedy director. Does he have ANY experience with science fantasy at all?

U better google his name and Body of Work over the Decades. He is More than Qualified and No Doubt in my Opinion they Upgraded to one of the BEST DAMN DIRECTORS HOLLYWOOD has ever Seen. He is now why i WILL see this Film. Cause as i stated b4 i do not think they should do a Young Solo Film like they did with Young Indiana Joans tv series I hated that whole concept. Ron Howard will Do this Film More then Justice.

Ron Howard was also one of three directors (the others being Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg) who were approached to direct Episode I. All three turned it down and told Lucas he should do it himself.

...still trying to decide if that means Howard dodged a bullet there, or if he deprived us of what the Prequels might have been. :p

Realistically, there was no way I was going to not go see a big screen Star Wars movie, especially because I thought both Ep VII and R1 were great, but the Han Solo prequel has been, by far, the one I'm least interested in. Casting Donald Glover as young Lando and now bringing on Howard as director have actually started to pique my interest in the film in its own right.

(Best tag line I've heard for coverage of this story: "Help me Opie-won Kenobi, you're our only hope!")

Edited by DarthDymond