Class Changes: Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard

EricMusco

Quoting myself from an earlier thread.

Pyrotech/Plasmatech has resource management issues; reduce the heat/energy cost of all of the following abilities by 5:

• Searing Wave/Ion Wave
  • Rail Shot/High Impact Bolt
  • Flaming Fist/Shockstrike
  • Incendiary Missile/Incendiary Round

and/or introduce additional heat-venting/energy cell-refunding passives.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone run some theoretical dps calculation based on these changes yet? is it up to 10K now at least lol?

With some very rough calculations around 575 dps and that was on a trash parse so a bit more than calculated probably.

No, powertechs wouldn't and I'll tell you why. Mercs are OP because they already got the best dps, THEN got good self heals then ontop of that got those dcds. They got the best of everything.

Now lets look at the powertech. Probably the worst tank in the game. Don't get their charge ability till lvl 59, horrible energy/heat management and horrible rotation to boot in the dps discipline, and tank is even in a worse spot. Oh and some of the worst DPS in the game ontop of all of that.

Giving the DCDs to them actually gives PTs a chance to apply their damage instead of just simply being face rolled by everything.

I respectfully disagree. PTs have gotten a DPS buff. And survivabililty improvements don't mandate God bubbles and insane heals for DPS specs. PTs could have been given DCDs like Marauders and Juggs have. They get by somehow without those redicuous DCDs and they cant even heal. Furthermore, it's very hard to justify what you said when you take a look at DPS sorcs. They already had lower DPS than you and they still got a defensive nerf.

PTs start showing up on WZs with mercs who are still going to have their OP DCDs, mercs and PTs are all you are going to see, because no one in thier right minds are going to want to deal with enemies they can't hit because everyone;s throwing up those ridiculous reflects and extra lives popping up every three seconds.

I'm sure you''ll have a grand ole time because you'll have those OP DCDs. It'll be bounty hunters from horizon to horizon.

PTs will be hated just like mercs, and rightly so.

There is no justification for DPS specs with DCDs like that. Period.

After all this time that PTs, like the other classes, were having to put up with that BS, I wouldn't have expected them to suddenly turn around and after all the complaining they and every other class had over merc bs, you just want to be like them. That's sad.

Enjoy your God DCDs.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

They should get the Merc DCDs, they're tanks at least. That would be a lot more appropriate for tanks to have them than DPS.

I could not agree more, It's baffled me for the longest time why the Mando has Echoing Deterrence and the Vanguard does not

Anyone run some theoretical dps calculation based on these changes yet? is it up to 10K now at least lol?

Yes it is. Depending on your parse even slightly more.

Taking Scrub Tech's 9507.38 parse:

Increased the Searing Wave damage bonus given by Superheated Flamethrower from 20% to 50%

Assuming 40% damage boost via Superheated Flamethrower, it's 2.0/1.4 = ~1.43 => +43% damage.

Searing Wave (old): 204,392 damage

Searing Wave (new): 291,989 damage

Difference: 87,597 damage

Increased the critical damage bonus given by Firebug from 10% to 15%

Assuming no other crit. damage boosts, it's a 1.15/1.1 = 1.0454 => ~4.54% boost for critical hits of all affected skills.

Searing Wave: 137,230 crit. damage +43% (previous buff) = 196,043 * 4.54% = 8,911

Flaming Fist: 288,772 crit. damage * 4.54% = 13,126

Scorch: 168,777 crit. damage * 4.54% = 7,672

Immolate: 302,043 crit. damage * 4.54% = 13,729

extra damage total: 131,035 / 263.049 = +498 DPS

Old DPS: 9.507

New DPS: 10.005

Edited by realleaftea
color use

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it is. Depending on your parse even slightly more.

Taking Scrub Tech's 9507.38 parse:

Increased the Searing Wave damage bonus given by Superheated Flamethrower from 20% to 50%

Assuming 40% damage boost via Superheated Flamethrower, it's 2.0/1.4 = ~1.43 => +43% damage.

Searing Wave (old): 204,392 damage

Searing Wave (new): 291,989 damage

Difference: 87,597 damage

Increased the critical damage bonus given by Firebug from 10% to 15%

Assuming no other crit. damage boosts, it's a 1.15/1.1 = 1.0454 => ~4.54% boost for critical hits of all affected skills.

Searing Wave: 137,230 crit. damage +43% (previous buff) = 196,043 * 4.54% = 8,911

Flaming Fist: 288,772 crit. damage * 4.54% = 13,126

Scorch: 168,777 crit. damage * 4.54% = 7,672

Immolate: 302,043 crit. damage * 4.54% = 13,729

extra damage total: 131,035 / 263.049 = +498 DPS

Old DPS: 9.507

New DPS: 10.005

As of now, that is falling in line after the patch from Parsely. This is pretty big and bumped us up a few spots on the dps standings.

5.3 didnt change anything for pyro in pvp.

PT still worst pvp class in game.

Try again BW, you failed again

Well yeah, maybe it's because people dont know how to play it or due to bad gear but at the moment i see that dot pt/vanguard still sucks ^^ both in dps and defense. Whilst hatred assassin rocks lol, some getting 70-80 million dps in the end of warzones

The DPS bump was desperately needed. I could not justify playing a spec that had less survivability than AP while also doing less damage. Even after a DPS increase, the defences of the spec need help. Balance wise if a class is going to be this weak when it comes to survival, the damage needs to be even higher to compensate. I don't think you want to go there, but the glass cannon balance of the spec needs tweaking. Either with more cannon or less glass.

Dot spread could use a quality of life change. It's pretty challenging to use the dot spread cooldown effectively to achieve maximum AOE effectiveness. Tab targeting scorch in AOE situations seems kind of wonky. Would be nice to see a spec mechanic that allows the spread of both dots.

Everyone always calls marauders a glass cannon, but they have ok defensives. If plasmatech pts are going to be a glass cannon, they need marauders dps and their defensives.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem with Pyro:

1. HEAT MANAGEMENT! Get it down around the same as my IO merc, then we're cooking with gas.

2. Lack of offensive tools. Taking away 3 abilities while giving 1 back, no that does not work. Give us back missle blast and I'd also say Fusion missle should slide from the Merc class to a straight up BH ability. I'd just fusion missle far more on a PT than a merc.

3. Lack of defensive tools. Face it. PTs of any discipline do NOT HAVE enough defensive abilities. Trauma Regulators needs to come over(but instead of 70%, should be more 50%). And responsive safeguards should of been a PT ability all along.

4. Jet charge. PUT IT BACK TO LVL 10 GODDAMNIT!

5. Better pros for flame abilities. Right now they just suck.

Just those 5 things, gets us in better shape.