Queues again??

AscendingSky

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are gonna be halting logins on all east coast servers to work on addressing the issue. More info to come, thank you for your patience.

-eric

Have you been enjoying these late nights lately? I know, as an IT guy, I hate them lol! 24/7 on call sucks bawlz. Bless you and your team and I hope you get this East Coast server issue resolved permanently and soon!

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Just a quick check-in. The team is making progress and we are definitely moving in the direction of getting everything back up and running. I don't have an ETA just yet but should hopefully have more updates soon. Thanks again for your patience.

-eric

Actually, I might go read a book. I've been eyeing a new fantasy trilogy, might have to check it out.

I may have to check out this "getting to sleep at a decent hour" experience my wife keeps going on about...

Hey folks,

Just a quick check-in. The team is making progress and we are definitely moving in the direction of getting everything back up and running. I don't have an ETA just yet but should hopefully have more updates soon. Thanks again for your patience.

-eric

I appreciate the updates.

• Dev Post

Wow, vicious group tonight. I fully understand your frustration and am also unhappy with the situation. Yes, it has happened multiple times the past month, and yes it is related to the new Datacenter, but likely due to some configuration change we haven't isolated. I absolutely believe we'll figure it out so we can get back to being the very patient, empathetic, and agreeable folks we all try to be on these forums.

East Coast servers should be back up soon!

---Keith

Wow, vicious group tonight. I fully understand your frustration and am also unhappy with the situation. Yes, it has happened multiple times the past month, and yes it is related to the new Datacenter, but likely due to some configuration change we haven't isolated. I absolutely believe we'll figure it out so we can get back to being the very patient, empathetic, and agreeable folks we all try to be on these forums.

---Keith

The up side is liking SWTOR enough to be cranky when we can't play it.

The down side is liking SWTOR enough to be cranky when we can't play it.

Thanks for the update, Keith Kanneg.

---Keith

Thanks, the team's efforts are much appreciated. I'm sure it's not fun to deal with this stuff and even less fun when it's late.

Edited by DuchessKristania

We are to the point of having the servers up and being tested. Assuming that goes well, we aren't far from having the servers back online. Shouldn't be more than 10-20 minutes as long as everything checks out.

-eric

Take your time at this point.... I know this little hiccup was just enough to ruin what I was doing {as they usually do}.

Edited by Urantia

---Keith

The update, and clarification, are appreciated. This is the first confirmation I have seen that points in the general direction of the issue.

As to the "vicious group", maybe take a couple other things into account:

To Date, Zero Comp for down time. When last I played another franchise title, got 2 days comp for hours (multiple) of unexpected "server unavailable". Never seen it from EA, not even comp CC's.

Last night before the craftgasm CQ week - got to get all those comps queued (hard to do with the servers down)

People tend to get a tad cranky when their obsessions are messed with, esp without any comp for provider disruptions.

*edit: double the crankiness when rollbacks are involved... and still no comp.

Edited by Kaveat

Servers are back up, but it looks like there was a rollback. I lost maybe 45 minutes or more. Anyone else seeing that?

I got a rollback, too. Minor for me because I logged in just before the servers went down.

The only rollback effect for me is having to retrieve items from the ingame mail again.

The update, and clarification, are appreciated. This is the first confirmation I have seen that points in the general direction of the issue.

As to the "vicious group", maybe take a couple other things into account:

To Date, Zero Comp for down time. When last I played another franchise title, got 2 days comp for hours (multiple) of unexpected "server unavailable". Never seen it from EA, not even comp CC's.

Last night before the craftgasm CQ week - got to get all those comps queued (hard to do with the servers down)

People tend to get a tad cranky when their obsessions are messed with, esp without any comp for provider disruptions.

*edit: double the crankiness when rollbacks are involved... and still no comp.

This!! So this!!