The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New to tanking - advice?

Chokis

I came to SWTOR as sort of an evacuee from the sinking ship that is WoW, where I played a priest and switched back and forth between shadow and holy occasionally. Other than dabbling a little bit with an alt, I never really got much experience with tanking. But I figured it out based on what I saw other people do.

But I had always wanted to tank, so when I got SWTOR, I decided to be a Vanguard - I don't know, they just looked really awesome. I guess people would probably be pretty understanding in low level content (I'm only level 18), but I'm still kind of nervous to try my hand at tanking without knowing too much about what to do. I can basically figure out that Neural Jolt is a taunt and that kind of basic stuff, but I don't really know what my general rotation should look like. Any advice would be appreciated.

I Played three tanks in wow. Warrior, Feral, and DK Tank. I decided to go Vanguard because in past other games I've Always played shield and sword tank, so when DK was released I naturally wanted a DK, two handed tanking was unheard of and I thought it was the coolest game mechanic. But RANGE Tanking is so innovative and the concept makes it seem like Vanguards will be the most powerful unit in tor. maybe not. But ts easy to tank, figuring your rotation for your vanguard will be fun for you so just see what skill works best for you. Anyways have fun!

I Played three tanks in wow. Warrior, Feral, and DK Tank. I decided to go Vanguard because in past other games I've Always played shield and sword tank, so when DK was released I naturally wanted a DK, two handed tanking was unheard of and I thought it was the coolest game mechanic. But RANGE Tanking is so innovative and the concept makes it seem like Vanguards will be the most powerful unit in tor. maybe not. But ts easy to tank, figuring your rotation for your vanguard will be fun for you so just see what skill works best for you. Anyways have fun!

You cant really range tank as you still have to get close enough to Stockstrike every time its up.