Veteran PvP Roll Call - Census

Icykill_

Account created in 09, played from beta until December 2015 with a handful of 3-6 month breaks sprinkled throughout. Resubbed yesterday after my longest break ever (about a year and a half) because I got the familiar itch.

Haven't really played yet. Spent a couple hours yesterday trying to get reoriented, and based on my current perception of the state of the game, it's hard to fathom being subbed longer than 2 months because:

A) massive population decline

B) CXP not being legacy wide

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about CXP. I don't like to play the same class/spec all the time in pvp, but more than that I refuse to endure the same mind-numbing month-long monotonous grind every time I want to gear an alt.

Edited by Pearlie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since beta continued sub with no breaks in payment but 5.0 did force me out for a bit. I enjoy pvp but with a ton of alts the gear grind isn't welcoming. It seems sad that being good at and enjoying multiple specs and classes is somehow a bad thing in an mmo. I don't need gear incentives to pvp. Id pvp for free or even for just empty gear sets and decos.

I played a ridiculous amount of PVP from the game's launch until the end of 8-man ranked in the early fall of 2013. I played relatively casually after that because that change caused most of my friends to quit the game. I left the game for three years in early 2014 and returned not long ago to two dead guilds, both of which were quite large when I left. When I returned it was obvious that there had been a massive drop in player numbers and that the Harbinger server was completely different from when I left (I recognize almost no one and just about all of the good pub PVPers are gone, and yes there were many).