Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

Pending Bug Fixes - GU 5.2.2

EricMusco

•  
  • Major Valor Boosts which are rewarded from Encrypted Datacubes are now bind on pickup.

Thanks Eric, this is fantastic to hear! :jawa_smile:

Just one suggestion/request: in regards to the above quote about Datacube Valor Boosts, is there any chance they could become 'Legacy Bind on Pickup' instead? (So we could at least save them in our Legacy storage for our PVP alts, instead of having them wasted on the 'random' alts.):jawa_cool:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

One of the things Keith mentioned in the Roadmap is that we want to work on enhancing Communication with you, especially around the future. As a part of that plan, approximately 2 weeks before each Game Update I will post a thread with a list of currently planned and confirmed bug fixes. Once that list is live I will post updates every few days as I get more information. This thread will become a living list of bug fixes that are slated for the next Game Update.

A few important caveats:

• These are not the patch notes. Features, highlights, and the comprehensive list of bug fixes will be missing.
  • This is not a comprehensive list of every bug fix in the patch.
  • These bug fixes are subject to change and/or be removed. As we continue implementing fixes and testing them, some of these could get moved into other releases.
  • TLDR - This is preliminary and everything is subject to change. :rak_03:

Thanks everyone. Let me know if you have any questions about how this process will work. Here are the initial bug fixes for 5.2.2:

• Players who defeat the Infernal Council in the Eternity Vault will now receive the “Defeating the Infernal Council” Achievement as intended.
  • When purchasing a mount from the Cartel Market the player will no longer receive the message “You already own this item” unless they actually own it.
  • Players can no longer see group chat after leaving or being removed from a Group Finder group.
  • Players who finished Iokath who are unable to summon Elara Dorne or Malavai Quinn can now use the Companion Locator Terminal to retrieve them.
  • *Spoiler* Redeemed Arcann will now appear in the Odessen Base after completing Chapter 9 of Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • Killing Yadira Ban in The Black Talon Flashpoint will no longer drop Item Rating 200 gear.
  • The Taspan Ambush Space Mission is once again available via the Galaxy Map.
  • Multiple decorations have had their name corrected to properly reflect their Sand People origins.
  • The Apprentice Force-Lord’s Practice Staff is no longer invisible while sheathed.
  • The Mystic’s Polesaber now uses lightsaber mods as intended.
  • Major Valor Boosts which are rewarded from Encrypted Datacubes are now bind on pickup.
  • Multiple MTX mounts will appear more zoomed out in the preview window.
  • Players who abandon the Mission “Facing the Machines of War” are no longer blocked from reacquiring it.
  • Corrected an issue where players could get more than 8-players onto their team in Warzones.
  • The Kurtob Alliance Speeder has received its long overdue tune-up and once again moves at the proper speed.
  • When queueing for a Warzone, the user-interface no longer states that the player will receive Warzone Commendations as a reward.

What about armor preview bugg? Bugged companion summon after finishing warzones? Bugged seat on personal ships? Bonus quest "Enemies of the empire "on taris is still bugged even though it appears now. The only serious bugg ur fixing is more than 8-man in warzones actually

Hey folks,

One of the things Keith mentioned in the Roadmap is that we want to work on enhancing Communication with you, especially around the future. As a part of that plan, approximately 2 weeks before each Game Update I will post a thread with a list of currently planned and confirmed bug fixes. Once that list is live I will post updates every few days as I get more information. This thread will become a living list of bug fixes that are slated for the next Game Update.

A few important caveats:

• These are not the patch notes. Features, highlights, and the comprehensive list of bug fixes will be missing.
  • These bug fixes are subject to change and/or be removed. As we continue implementing fixes and testing them, some of these could get moved into other releases.

Thanks everyone. Let me know if you have any questions about how this process will work. Here are the initial bug fixes for 5.2.2:

• Players who defeat the Infernal Council in the Eternity Vault will now receive the “Defeating the Infernal Council” Achievement as intended.
  • When purchasing a mount from the Cartel Market the player will no longer receive the message “You already own this item” unless they actually own it.
  • Players can no longer see group chat after leaving or being removed from a Group Finder group.
  • Players who finished Iokath who are unable to summon Elara Dorne or Malavai Quinn can now use the Companion Locator Terminal to retrieve them.
  • *Spoiler* Redeemed Arcann will now appear in the Odessen Base after completing Chapter 9 of Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • Killing Yadira Ban in The Black Talon Flashpoint will no longer drop Item Rating 200 gear.
  • Multiple decorations have had their name corrected to properly reflect their Sand People origins.
  • The Apprentice Force-Lord’s Practice Staff is no longer invisible while sheathed.
  • Players who abandon the Mission “Facing the Machines of War” are no longer blocked from reacquiring it.
  • Corrected an issue where players could get more than 8-players onto their team in Warzones.
  • The Kurtob Alliance Speeder has received its long overdue tune-up and once again moves at the proper speed.
  • When queueing for a Warzone, the user-interface no longer states that the player will receive Warzone Commendations as a reward.

I know this isn't the full list but you better be fixing the vanishing companion bug. It is gamebreaking for characters that only have one companion.

What about armor preview bugg? Bugged companion summon after finishing warzones? Bugged seat on personal ships? Bonus quest "Enemies of the empire "on taris is still bugged even though it appears now. The only serious bugg ur fixing is more than 8-man in warzones actually

What bug seat on personal starships? This has been working for awhile. The Captain's chair is clickable and my character sits on it and it opens the Galaxy map.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2282017/game-update-5.1.2

"It is now possible to use chairs on the bridge of Player ships once again."

Unless there is a different bug your referring to?

Also he stated the list isn't a complete list of bugs they are working on but a sample list.

"This is not a comprehensive list of every bug fix in the patch."

Edited by Nightblazer

Something NO player was asking for, but since it circumvents direct purchases from the cartel market by 0.00001%..... IT MUST BE STOPPED!

^^This. Pretty ****** 'fix'. Thanks BW. Make datacubes utterly useless.

I know this is not the full list of bug fixes, but still have to beg you to fix the sith warrior class mission "strong arm". I can not proceed further with class missions because of it. Also fix the "use the penthouse lift" bug in Fallen Empire's "The Lady of Sorrows" chapter. Also here I can't proceed.

Could it be considered instead that these Major Valor Boosts become Bind to Legacy instead? It keeps them off the GTN but still allows them to be useful to the characters we actually pvp on.

they already are legacy bound IIRC,

Edited by AndVenIM

Could it be considered instead that these Major Valor Boosts become Bind to Legacy instead? It keeps them off the GTN but still allows them to be useful to the characters we actually pvp on.

This please. My alts don't need valor boosts, or xp boosts for that matter with most missions giving them major boosts anyway. Make this legacy or give us another option when using the cubes?

While I am glad that they are "fixing" bugs now, I honestly can't believe this list. What about the bounty hunter fight in False Emperor where you can't reset the target lock? That fight has been bugged for over two years now!

What about the bug in the final fight in Ravagers? That is still bugged, my guild ran into that last night when we had to leave the operation and switch to the PVP instance so we could get past Peral and Cortanni because we kept being reset when we tried to get to the next part?

What about the loot bug where if you are not the first person to loot a group of mobs you have to literally click on each and every single drop because who cares about "area loot," am I right?

What about the preview window which seems like it just loves to make parts of your character invisible?

There are SO MANY game breaking and annoying bugs that didn't make it onto the list that I am just honestly disappointed in this bug fix list. Granted there are some good things like the PVP bug they are fixing but even still this list is lacking SO much of the worst bugs in the game.

Most of you sound like those Taris refugees on Pub side who rush you with their requests all at once when you offer to help that one person for free out of the kindness of your heart.

If Musco/Keith can keep this bug thread going it would be my favorite aspect of their new communication goals. I don't expect they're going to fix all 24,672 bugs RIGHT THIS MINUTE, but every little bit helps.

The armor preview bug, which was introduced with 5.0, does not appear to happen on low populated instances. The bug also could be related to 5.0's FPS fix.

IIRC, the bug was introduced before 5.0.

My list of bugs I want fixed:

- Fix the preview window bug.

- Fix the animation of Discharge for Sith Assassins. Currently, each time we activate it, we cut off our own torso.

- Fix the clipping butts on male Body Type 3.

- Fix the fur discoloration of female Cathar (head vs rest of body).

- Fix the discoloration of female Cathar's teeth (tied to fur color).

- Fix the neck seam on the skin textures for both female Cathar and female Twi'lek.

- Add a "clean" complexion for both Twi'lek and SIth Pureblood (male and female) (without blemishes).

- Swap the low-res texture assets for Twi'lek to higher resolution ones.

I know. The last two are more like suggestions.

EDIT: - FIx the eye clipping on the various female faces. (Important if we're going to continue emoting as much as we have in the last two expansions.)

Pretty please?

Edited by Riftgrinder

Major Valor Boosts which are rewarded from Encrypted Datacubes are now bind on pickup.

What exactly brought this on if I may ask? These boosts have been obtainable for years at this point, and nobody batted an eye at it. Was there a recent surge in people getting them in your data? And what of the people who are now scrambling to get as many valor boosts as they can off their characters? Do you consider that an exploit?

Please don't forget annoying bug in some of planet bonus series quest chains making them not possible finish.

Few of these quests are possible to pick up even if you have not started bonus series yet. I am talking about rep quest on Taris for engineer Feron Power Flux and if I am correct there are probably few more similar ones.

Please check these chains and keep all their quest hidden until player pick up correct prerequisite quests only.

Edited by wistarie

My list of bugs I want fixed:

- Fix the fur discoloration of female Cathar (head vs rest of body).

- Fix the discoloration of female Cathar's teeth (tied to fur color).

- Fix the neck seam on the skin textures for both female Cathar and female Twi'lek.

This. This this this. o_o It's so annoying. But now maybe - hopefully - it'll be seen and added to the list of fixes... my cathar wants her light brown fur back. She's a little tired of looking sunburnt all the time. :p

PLEASE fix the armor preview window,its been broken for over a year now :(

Yeah, i checked, that that /bug is still there, and i think this /bug may have been around for at least a year. It would be nice it it could get corrected now.

Keith, could you also please fix the bug that the Bright Yellow Eyes option isn't available to all species with humanoid eyes such as Twi'lek, Togruta, Rattataki etc. Surely it was meant to be available for all species from the start but something somewhere went "oopsie" *hopeful eyes*

Hey folks,

A few important caveats:

Why can't Treek appear in the Odessen base? I've seen HK-51 and HK-55 but no Treek! 😭

Add-on: Also please see here.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Why can't Treek appear in the Odessen base? I've seen HK-51 and HK-55 but no Treek! 😭

Add-on: Also please see here.

For that matter, none of the "main" companions recruited past chapter 9 of KOTFE show up in the Odessen base: No Kaliyo, no Jorgan, no Gault, no Vette and no Torian.

For that matter, none of the "main" companions recruited past chapter 9 of KOTFE show up in the Odessen base: No Kaliyo, no Jorgan, no Gault, no Vette and no Torian.

I've seen them appear in the Odessen base, Vette appears in the War Room, I can't remember exactly where I've seen Kaliyo, I think that's been in the one where Aygo is Gault I think is in the Smugglers section and I don't think I've ever seen Torian.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.