The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We want Kell Dragon & Rancor companions

Well... since I do, and he does, that makes a "we".

Sorry, didn't know there was a committee that had gotten together before posting that, but he could have made it clear that the two of you were the "we" to avoid that confusion. I have no problem with the request, just don't put it forward as if speaking for the entire playerbase.

Sorry, didn't know there was a committee that had gotten together before posting that, but he could have made it clear that the two of you were the "we" to avoid that confusion. I have no problem with the request, just don't put it forward as if speaking for the entire playerbase.

We can be two, we can be many or we can be all. He didn't say he was speaking for all, you assumed it.

We can be two, we can be many or we can be all. He didn't say he was speaking for all, you assumed it.

Very easy assumption to make. If he had said "A friend and I would like X", that would have been fine. That he didn't say that leads me to believe you didn't join in with him before this thread was made, because he didn't know if anyone else wanted it or not, and just used "we" in the hope that someone else did.

It's the difference between sounding polite and sincere, something that might work, and lying to get something you want, which just makes him (and now you) look like an àsshat.

Very easy assumption to make. If he had said "A friend and I would like X", that would have been fine. That he didn't say that leads me to believe you didn't join in with him before this thread was made, because he didn't know if anyone else wanted it or not, and just used "we" in the hope that someone else did.

It's the difference between sounding polite and sincere, something that might work, and lying to get something you want, which just makes him (and now you) look like an àsshat.

I assumed he meant "we" as in me and some other people. You assumed he meant "we" as in everyone. Both are correct uses of the word. Given the context, the first was more likely since he probably doesn't really think every single player wants the exact same things. However, other people have asked for Rancor companions in the past, so he was pretty safe in believing that at least some other people do want them, which I verified as accurate since I do indeed want them too. You jumped down his throat based on your assumption of which use of the word "we" he was using, and yet I'm the àsshat?

And dictionary quotes for standard internet semantics debates:

Merriam Webster: I and the rest of a group that includes me : you and I : you and I and another or others : I and another or others not including you.

Dictionary.com: used to denote oneself and another or others

Oxford: Used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people considered together.

The Free Dictionary: Used by the speaker or writer to indicate the speaker or writer along with another or others as the subject.

Really people You have not other problems, only just trolling and doing stupid posts? Community on this forum is really sick and unmature... Maybe just HE want these companions. Doesn't matter. His request - his business.

Again posts people that doesn't care if there'll be something in game or not, but they just throw their 2 cents to show they're on forum.

Personally I don't want rancor as companions... maybe Rancor child, small one. We already have Wampa companions so I would be not surprised...

Edited by tummiswtor

He speaks for me on this matter. Rancor Companions FTW. The committee has decided.