Cant Summon Companion

Kingsmannn

So I just paid for subscription and then I join a battleground I come back and my companion is GONE! She still takes part in conversations but it's just an invisible person or once she was standing underground in what looked to be a massive blue room and when I click "N" it says "Dismiss Companion" which I do and it says "Companion Dismissed" but nothing it happens it just comes up with "Dismiss Companion" again with no way to summon her, I should also mention their is no bar to summon her that appears (Man with the head and shoulders and arrow) which is weird

I can't summon her anywhere and it just ruined my entire mood to play this game I refuse to play until I fix this amazingly annoying issue

Edit: Just got some info from someone else who has this problem someone said "05.01.2017 , 07:35 AM | #2

REPORT POST QUOTE

This is a really annoying bug, even for those of us who have more than one companion. It was always there, but didn't happen as often before 5.0, and you could always just resummon your companion from the "N" menu.

It usually happens when you enter an ops group (e.g. doing pvp or joining a world boss group), then your companion won't just be unsummoned, but the companion-frame will be completely gone. Since 5.0 the companion stays in the summoned state in the "N" menu, while the game otherwise knows they're not here, so the companion can neither be summoned nor unsummoned."

This is exactly my issue yet I can't use the N menu to resummon her I should also note she's my only companion and I really don't want to force myself through the story without a companion

Effectively my problem is exactly the same as the person in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=920513&highlight=Companion

Edited by Kingsmannn

• 2 weeks later...
I experience this problem too. When returning from PvP, the Companion Status Indicator is missing. If go to the Companions Window, it will give me the option to send them to sell junk, even though they're not present. The only thing I can do is summon another companion, but when I do the game still somehow thinks I have my first companion out and still only displays the Sell Junk button. Clicking it will indeed, bring up the Confirmation Window to send them off to sell junk. I can summon any of my other companions no problem, but whoever I have out when I enter PvP is affected by this. It isn't until I close the Companion Window and reopen it that I can summon my first companion. This also occurs when travelling to a stronghold. This is really annoying, and for newbs or people rolling new characters, it's unacceptable. I thought this would've been fixed by now. Edited by Tofu_Shark

I appear to also be having the same issue. Joined PVP for the first time, now T7 is just gone from the game. I can dismiss, and get a confirmation system message, but I can't re-summon. Since he's my only companion right now, it's a bit annoying.

I experience this problem too. When returning from PvP, the Companion Status Indicator is missing. If go to the Companions Window, it will give me the option to send them to sell junk, even though they're not present. The only thing I can do is summon another companion, but when I do the game still somehow thinks I have my first companion out and still only displays the Sell Junk button. Clicking it will indeed, bring up the Confirmation Window to send them off to sell junk. I can summon any of my other companions no problem, but whoever I have out when I enter PvP is affected by this. It isn't until I close the Companion Window and reopen it that I can summon my first companion. This also occurs when travelling to a stronghold. This is really annoying, and for newbs or people rolling new characters, it's unacceptable. I thought this would've been fixed by now.

I have this problem constantly, it is especially annoying when on a chapter that needs a specific companion.

I'm experiencing the same bug. I have to say, I played this game when it first came out and was a pretty serious raider up through S&V. This is my first time back since and my impression is that it's a buggy mess! Somehow it's less stable than it was 3 years ago.

If I had to choose now, I wouldn't be renewing my subscription. In fact, I might even try to get my money back for the subscription I renewed yesterday and the fact that I'm even thinking that after a day just makes me really sad.

Guys. Stop posting an endless series of "I have this too" posts. We know you have it. Everybody has this problem.(1) The only people it's a real problem for are the ones with just one companion. Everyone else can just open the N panel, change companions, close the N panel, then open it and change back.

(1) Not sure why, but on my main it only happens some of the time, but it *does* happen.

I also have this problem, it's a major issue because I only have one companion, and yes I will also post about it because Bioware refuses to fix it or even acknowledge the issue! This is extremely frustrating and has been an issue for almost all players for a very long time. :mad:

• 1 year later...
Guys. Stop posting an endless series of "I have this too" posts. We know you have it. Everybody has this problem.(1) The only people it's a real problem for are the ones with just one companion.

I disagree. This is a real pain in the *** I mostly pvp and in between q's I do heroics/dailies etc. Most times after wz or going to stronghold for example the companion tab is gone. Having to constantly recall your companions all day is annoying as heck. FFS enough with the damn cartel market fix bugs!

* Also how come on Iokath the game always puts up your class symbol even though you keep it turned it off? Another time sink on bugs.

I disagree. This is a real pain in the *** I mostly pvp and in between q's I do heroics/dailies etc. Most times after wz or going to stronghold for example the companion tab is gone. Having to constantly recall your companions all day is annoying as heck.

I agree that it's annoying, but my point was that back then (eighteen months ago, ffs), the only way to get the companion tab working was to summon a *different* companion (the "summon" button on the "N" panel didn't work for the disappeared companion) and then summon the one you wanted.

A character with only one companion was, obviously, unable to do that, and the only way to get it working for such a character was to log out (back to the character select screen or completely out of the game, whichever you felt like) and back in again.

Since then, they did at least fix the "can't resummon the disappeared companion directly" bug. That makes it less bad (note: I didn't say "better") than before. (In particular, it reduces the effective priority of the "companion disappears" bug because there is a relatively light-weight user-accessible workaround that works the same for all characters.)