Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

Hi all,

Oh, Roadmap status update! It’s still May – albeit the last day of May, but the Roadmap is being posted this afternoon! Huzzaah!

---Keith

I have a cynical mind. Did we just get punked? Did you throw out the spectre of not hitting today's deadline, so that when you did hit it we'd all be over the moon?

I understand how "managing audience expectations" works.

PS: I am over the moon - a bit.

All The Best

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

As I told you yesterday, I wanted to make sure I gave you a daily update about the Roadmap. When you get to know me better, you’ll realize how important it is to deliver on my word. Also being transparent means I’m setting myself up for an onslaught of negativity, even though the intention behind my communication is a gesture of good faith between us. I sincerely appreciate everyone who’s been very understanding, and I take to heart the less flattering comments to see how I can do better next time.

I saw a shirt the other day that made me laugh, “I’m a Lead Producer. Yes, I am crazy! What sane person would actually do this job?” In all seriousness, I’m totally enjoying the interactions with you, and can’t wait to initiate new discussions about what’s next with SWTOR.

So I am up to my 4th Command Rank 300 character and I have been putting a lot of thought into what to level next. It’s a pretty hard decision you know? I have quite a few characters and I really do want to spend time with all of them. Do I play Imperial or Republic this time? I just finished my healer so maybe my tank? :)

Oh, Roadmap status update! It’s still May – albeit the last day of May, but the Roadmap is being posted this afternoon! Huzzaah!

---Keith

Well, it depends, do you want to start a new chracter? or stick with one of your current ones? I love my Juggernaut, but my Gunslinger is also fun. And we all know the Jedi Knight story is KotOR III, but the Smuggler story is filled with sarcasm!

Oh, and the roadmap, WOOO. Hope I can read it before I am stuck in my math class. :p

Hi all,

As I told you yesterday, I wanted to make sure I gave you a daily update about the Roadmap. When you get to know me better, you’ll realize how important it is to deliver on my word. Also being transparent means I’m setting myself up for an onslaught of negativity, even though the intention behind my communication is a gesture of good faith between us. I sincerely appreciate everyone who’s been very understanding, and I take to heart the less flattering comments to see how I can do better next time.

I saw a shirt the other day that made me laugh, “I’m a Lead Producer. Yes, I am crazy! What sane person would actually do this job?” In all seriousness, I’m totally enjoying the interactions with you, and can’t wait to initiate new discussions about what’s next with SWTOR.

So I am up to my 4th Command Rank 300 character and I have been putting a lot of thought into what to level next. It’s a pretty hard decision you know? I have quite a few characters and I really do want to spend time with all of them. Do I play Imperial or Republic this time? I just finished my healer so maybe my tank? :)

---Keith

Thank you Keith for communicating with us.

And Remember:

Help US Keith You are our only Hope!:csw_r2d2:

Well, it depends, do you want to start a new chracter? or stick with one of your current ones? I love my Juggernaut, but my Gunslinger is also fun. And we all know the Jedi Knight story is KotOR III, but the Smuggler story is filled with sarcasm!

All good choices, but I feel the need to mention you get to punch snotty nobles in the face with the Bounty Hunter story!

Edited by AscendingSky

All good choices, but I feel the need to mention you get to punch snotty nobles in the face with the Bounty Hunter story.

I forgot about that... But, you also get to shoot a snotty noble with the smuggler story. But Bounty Hunters get Blizz... and Skadge... So, it's only half good.

Hi all,

---Keith

Your knew character should be a tank. This game has far fewer tanks than it needs. :p

Out of curiosity what are your first 4 characters?

And holy crap you have no idea how happy I am that you got the roadmap done today. Thank you so much!

I forgot about that... But, you also get to shoot a snotty noble with the smuggler story. But Bounty Hunters get Blizz... and Skadge... So, it's only half good.

Blizz is awesome, even have him on my main (TK Sage - yes, I know :o ).

One thing I would LOVE to see (even though I know it is very,very,very unlikely) is for the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter class to be available to both factions, depending on the LS/DS choices the players make.

A Smuggler running slaves, spice, and illegal weapons would find favour with the Imps, but would find it hard to get work in the Republic.

A Bounty Hunter who delivers his bounties for appropriate justice, would find more work in the Republic than one who executes the bounties and causes excessive collateral damage.

All The Best

I admit Skadge is the worst companion ever, but at least you have the chance to kill him later in the Alliance alert.

Oh, and how could I forget about the Agent story, where not only do your choices actually matter but you get to trip balls at one point...

If you have 4 characters to cxp 300, then you must have a lot of spare time. Or did you achieve that in jobtime instead?

If you have 4 characters to cxp 300, then you must have a lot of spare time. Or did you achieve that in jobtime instead?

Isn't part of his job is to play the game? I suspect that's how they improve things, gather data, brainstorm ideas, etc

I admit Skadge is the worst companion ever, but at least you have the chance to kill him later in the Alliance alert.

Oh, and how could I forget about the Agent story, where not only do your choices actually matter but you get to trip balls at one point...

And I think it has a bunch of cameos from characters from the other class stories. Keith, forget what I said, go for Agent. Other than Smuggler, I've played the Agent story the most, granted other than my 'Hand of Jadus' walkthrough, I've made all the same choices.

---Keith

You mean like in today HAST*?

;)

*Baker island time. i.e UTC -12

Hi all,

---Keith

Good job.

Isn't part of his job is to play the game? I suspect that's how they improve things, gather data, brainstorm ideas, etc

Part of his job maybe, but levelling 4 toons to 300 cxp is a full time job with overtime

Hi all,

---Keith

Thanks for the communication! Also, roll a shield tech tank. Imp. They are a lot of a fun.

EDIT: Also, Join us on Harbinger!

Edited by killatroll

Part of his job maybe, but levelling 4 toons to 300 cxp is a full time job with overtime

I counted my GC level until I got to 786. I don't play every day (haven't played for weeks atm), and played average between 15 and 20h a week (so basically, 2-3h/day, but not everyday). And this "786" proc happened a month ago.

So basically, you can get, from KotET Day1, 4 toons to 300 while playing 2-3 hours a day.

• Dev Post

I am gonna "hype man" Keith here. I have worked with and sat next to him for years, I have never once seen him play on his personal account at work. All that sweet leveling happens on his own time. He plays a lot of SWTOR.

-eric

I am gonna "hype man" Keith here. I have worked with and sat next to him for years, I have never once seen him play on his personal account at work. All that sweet leveling happens on his own time. He plays a lot of SWTOR.

-eric

But ... did he make up to you because of the donut incident and brought donuts every morning since then? :D

-eric

Oh Jesus, does he play swtor in ALL his free time, damn. I don't even have ONE character at GC 300 (I actually only have one level 70 to begin with... lol) after a month's worth of playing and catching up, how the hell do people do it.

Good to know the game producer plays the game so intensely though. Makes me look forward to some ideas he may have for the game.

Oh Jesus, does he play swtor in ALL his free time, damn. I don't even have ONE character at GC 300 (I actually only have one level 70 to begin with... lol) after a month's worth of playing and catching up, how the hell do people do it.

Good to know the game producer plays the game so intensely though. Makes me look forward to some ideas he may have for the game.

100% booster + best CXP activies (Starfighter for 2 hours + weekly, Tactical FPs for 2 hours + weekly). You can push 20-30 levels in 2 hour session like this. Assuming you have 10 days to play u get command 300 in 1 month.

---Keith

Wow, that must be nice! I just got my first Character to CR 300 yesterday. I really don't have time for the grind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.