Stop Complaining about CXP

torleth

So, let's get this straight. This RNG/CXP system isn't bad. MMO's are about grinding and this gives a perfect balance to grinding. If you think this is hard go check out ESO and it's leveling system 1-50 and their gear grinding. It's 10x as worse than TOR. You should be grateful. It was about time they implemented something like this.It was a way to easy to grind gear in 3.0 and 4.0. In some certain ways, this is way easier than 2.0. You guys expect gear to be spoonfed to you. MMO's don't work like that. Now stop complaining take the grinding and sit down. If you don't like grinding you shouldn't be playing MMO's in the first place. Let's get this straight I don't fully support the RNG/CXP system they need to still fix certain elements but this encourages people to play certain content in the game. This system is giving us something to grind, which like I stated above is what an MMO is about. If you think that MMO's are about grinding look around you and check out ESO. ESO has a way bigger player base than TOR but their grinding is 10x worse than this new RNG/CXP system. Now, stop making your RNG/CXP complaints because this game shouldn't be easy for people to grind gear and in some certain areas like I said this is better than the 2.0 gear grind. 2.0 wasn't a big *** grind but you needed to have 2,000 coms for just one piece of gear. Getting coms back then was difficult unless you played ranked otherwise it was easy. In certain RP/PvE servers ranked didn't pop as much. You should be glad that they didn't decide to make PvP/PvE armor grinding separate instead of combining both of them into one gear needed to grind. k now I am done with my rant.

So, let's get this straight. This RNG/CXP system isn't bad. MMO's are about grinding and this gives a perfect balance to grinding. If you think this is hard go check out ESO and it's leveling system 1-50 and their gear grinding. It's 10x as worse than TOR. You should be grateful. It was about time they implemented something like this.It was a way to easy to grind gear in 3.0 and 4.0. In some certain ways, this is way easier than 2.0. You guys expect gear to be spoonfed to you. MMO's don't work like that. Now stop complaining take the grinding and sit down. If you don't like grinding you shouldn't be playing MMO's in the first place. Let's get this straight I don't fully support the RNG/CXP system they need to still fix certain elements but this encourages people to play certain content in the game. This system is giving us something to grind, which like I stated above is what an MMO is about. If you think that MMO's are about grinding look around you and check out ESO. ESO has a way bigger player base than TOR but their grinding is 10x worse than this new RNG/CXP system. Now, stop making your RNG/CXP complaints because this game shouldn't be easy for people to grind gear and in some certain areas like I said this is better than the 2.0 gear grind. 2.0 wasn't a big *** grind but you needed to have 2,000 coms for just one piece of gear. Getting coms back then was difficult unless you played ranked otherwise it was easy. In certain RP/PvE servers ranked didn't pop as much. You should be glad that they didn't decide to make PvP/PvE armor grinding separate instead of combining both of them into one gear needed to grind. k now I am done with my rant.

okay.

lol yeah, its a PVP forum. PVPers have it good mainly now with the increased drop rates of stuff. If you have a fresh lvl 70 and start gaining ranks with PVP, by the time you are tier 3 you have 1000 components and what ever 242 piece you get you can upgrade directly to 248 so PVPers should not be whining at all.

lol yeah, its a PVP forum. PVPers have it good mainly now with the increased drop rates of stuff. If you have a fresh lvl 70 and start gaining ranks with PVP, by the time you are tier 3 you have 1000 components and what ever 242 piece you get you can upgrade directly to 248 so PVPers should not be whining at all.

I think you meant to say PvE, but instead you seem to have put PvP.

Pretty much I agree. I went from bolster-only 190 greens to fully augmented 208 PvP stuff in less than 20 WZs back in 4.X (for the DvL event achievements, thanks). How far up the GC/CXP ladder can you get with 20 WZs now?

The gearing for PVPers is much worse than it was prior to 5.0. It was neither difficult nor overly time consuming to gear up for PVP. But that was when there were different gear types for PVP and PVE. BIS gear was not for PVPers it was for Raiders [PVEers].

As BIS gearing goes for those who engage either in both PVE and PVP, gearing now couldn't be better. As a progression raider it was much difficult to get full BIS gear in the past than it is now as of 5.2.

For those who ONLY engage in PVE, even progression raiders have a harder time getting BIS gear now than PVPers do. PVPers have a direct way of getting full BIS gear doing the content that they want to do. You PVP, you save up UCs and you buy BIS gear straight. Certainly their is substantial grinding involved, but when you consider the level of difficulty of content a PVEer [Raider} has to do in order to get full BIS gear, along with week long lock outs of that content, it is more difficult for them to get BIS gear. You have to do NiM level Operations for BIS gear if you do not PVP. Most people don't have the skill to complete NiM content on a farming basis. Certainly those without skilled and experienced progression raid groups have very little chance of effectively gearing BIS via PVE.

4.0 BIS gearing wasn't bad though, not at all, but even still, you'll still gear BIS faster doing PVP now than you would raiding in 4.0 in many cases. I was in two progression raid groups during 3.0-4.0, I'm gearing BIS far quicker now doing PVP in 5.1-5.2 than I did as a progression raider prior to 5.0.

Personally, I have zero complaints about gearing now. Those with less time will find it a longer process though.

Pretty much I agree. I went from bolster-only 190 greens to fully augmented 208 PvP stuff in less than 20 WZs back in 4.X (for the DvL event achievements, thanks). How far up the GC/CXP ladder can you get with 20 WZs now?

Ah OK yeah, true, my mistake, if you are a pure PVPer then yes, the gearing is a bit more rough but still, there are no more green drops in crates so you are getting some gear in every crate. If you use a 100% boost, you should be gaining cxp quite fast and using daily and weekly components you can buy tier 1 gear eventually.

Ah OK yeah, true, my mistake, if you are a pure PVPer then yes, the gearing is a bit more rough but still, there are no more green drops in crates so you are getting some gear in every crate. If you use a 100% boost, you should be gaining cxp quite fast and using daily and weekly components you can buy tier 1 gear eventually.

There are green drops in T1 crates. (Yeah, I get that T1 crates don't matter in the long term, but you still have to do *something* with 90 of them...)

They should have removed Tier 1 from the loot tables, and made 236 gear available for tokens only to make the grind easier on new players. As frustrating as the low drop rates for 248 are, they are not a bad thing, because it helps to mitigate the gear gap. That's not saying I'm not griping about them myself - I am. But making the top tier of gear more difficult to get is an acceptable design mechanic.

They should have removed Tier 1 from the loot tables, and made 236 gear available for tokens only to make the grind easier on new players. As frustrating as the low drop rates for 248 are, they are not a bad thing, because it helps to mitigate the gear gap. That's not saying I'm not griping about them myself - I am. But making the top tier of gear more difficult to get is an acceptable design mechanic.

Low drop rates from boxes just makes it retarded really. I know people in my guild that got full 248 on launch day because they saved up countless of CXP bonus packs dropped by operation bosses.

Then there were people that got full 248 on day 1 because they did the good old refund trick with PvP comms.

No matter the crate drop rates, there are going to be people in full gear on day 1 with these systems and they are the only ones getting aided by this low drop system.

I myself opened like 75 boxes before I got full 248. I got 1 Legendary item out of all of those.

And I couldn't even use it. I grinded my gear through PvE and PvP entirely.

All in all, this system sucks. And I will not stop complaining. Deal with it.

I'm not allowed to complain about a lousy system because other MMOs are just as bad or worse? In other words, things have to be bad here because things are bad other places too? I prefer to try and make things better here.

I myself opened like 75 boxes before I got full 248. I got 1 Legendary item out of all of those.

And I couldn't even use it. I grinded my gear through PvE and PvP entirely.

All in all, this system sucks. And I will not stop complaining. Deal with it.

Yep yep, exactly the same here. I've bought 5 of my 248s (technically I need 18, because I skank tank, but I'll settle for full 7 War Leader at this point). Out of 50 crates I've gotten 2 belts, both dupes because I had already bought one.

This loot system is a horrific joke, and anyone defending it is either a troll like OP, or someone with a blend of Survivorship Bias and Stockholm Syndrome.

https://m.xkcd.com/1827/

I'm not allowed to complain about a lousy system because other MMOs are just as bad or worse? In other words, things have to be bad here because things are bad other places too? I prefer to try and make things better here.

Ikr? This whole thread is stupid and anyone who tries to justify this Galactic Command garbage deserves to be stunlocked into many Electro Nets, or maybe slowed into oblivion by stacking Plasma Probes, because I don't know, if you can't avoid to live through all that day in and day out it's not class balance that's the problem, it's you sucking and needing to L2P. :rolleyes:

I'm honestly just messing around at Ranked at this point and am barely playing this game because GC is the WORST thing to ever happen to PvP'ers. I don't PvE, I don't want to PvE and I shouldn't have to to gear faster. I don't think I ever want to keep a sub up until this RNG gearing is fixed for good (my sub ends in July).

Edited by Talon_strikes

Encourages you mean forces people. I have no desire to do PVE content you waste more time trying to get groups together only to wipe. The only ones who benefit are those that can afford to waste 2 hours doing PVE content and those that also do PVP. One of the reason i enjoyed this mmo was you could get decent gear just by pvping and do so with out having to spend eight hours a day 5 days a week before 5.0 came around. Which is decidedly hard to do when working two jobs or raising a family like many casual players do. What boggles my mind is you support this lame crap. It is a very cheap and lame way of keeping players doing the same regurgitated content and calling it new content! Factor in it also unbalances PVP because newcomers get rolled because they're in low end gear even with bolster which don't help that much. The point you seem to be missing is that for PVP the gearing shouldn't matter it should be based on skill which is not true any more, when a newbie comes in and gets wrecked by someone in full 48's more than likely just gets discouraged especially when the find out how much the grind for assembled comps will be! No the community has a right to complain this is a stupid and unimaginative system brought about by laziness and a lack of innovation. I do agree with you though no more complaining i'm just going to stop paying and playing! Edited by Kazz_Devlin

People who complaining about CXP are those who has thousands of alts or those who just want the best gear instantly. I don't mind if i get my gear in 10 or 100 days.

Well I just like to point out having alts use to be encouraged that's how you were suppose to learn other classes strengths and weakness. This system makes it extremely hard to gear them so it would seem to me that's a valid reason to be complaining!

and try 5-8 months for some casual players. You know the guy/gal working two jobs, or raising a family who maybe get's on for a couple hours a night. We can't all be like you kid and devote 8 hours a day because your living off mommy and daddy.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

I can reply to this just from the title:

CXP should be complained about. PVE should not give an advantage in PVP, and PVP should not receive loot-- more to the point they should not receive differential loot, because what has been created is a grindfest where people are there for gear grinds. Therefore toxicity goes up, everyone finds new and more dispicable ways to win (such as premades and exploits), and the core game mode quits because they're no longer entertained.

It happens in every game that makes this decision, smarten up, PVE taint.

Well I just like to point out having alts use to be encouraged that's how you were suppose to learn other classes strengths and weakness. This system makes it extremely hard to gear them so it would seem to me that's a valid reason to be complaining!

and try 5-8 months for some casual players. You know the guy/gal working two jobs, or raising a family who maybe get's on for a couple hours a night. We can't all be like you kid and devote 8 hours a day because your living off mommy and daddy.

I'm actually hard working person but i don't see where are you pointing with it.... My point is, that people who complaining about this system are not patient, hurry hurry give me my top gear within two weeks. I don't really care about gear. I play game cause i like it (only pvp) and you can now have only one gear for pvp and pve which is great.

You know... i don't have a time for more than one character to play (because as i said, i really don't living with my mom and have a job and other things to do) so i play only one character and as i said i really don't mind slower gearing.

And by the way, you don't have to play other characters to know what spells they have and what they should do... simply play pvp and you will learn as i do.

I have played everyclass, every spec, role, adv class, and let me tell you. I enjoy at least one spec of each adv class as much as the next adv class. also I'm average at video games, an this knowledge of utilitys/rotations/dcds puts me above average in pvp.

So once you learn to enjoy something besides one class/spec, perhaps you will find enjoyment in alts and be ticked off like so many long time players in 5.0

I'm actually hard working person but i don't see where are you pointing with it.... My point is, that people who complaining about this system are not patient, hurry hurry give me my top gear within two weeks. I don't really care about gear. I play game cause i like it (only pvp) and you can now have only one gear for pvp and pve which is great.

You know... i don't have a time for more than one character to play (because as i said, i really don't living with my mom and have a job and other things to do) so i play only one character and as i said i really don't mind slower gearing.

And by the way, you don't have to play other characters to know what spells they have and what they should do... simply play pvp and you will learn as i do.

Dude, you haven't even gotten to the same place as the people you are condescending to. If you are suggesting that we all need to just work a little harder and be patient, you can't possibly understand how naive and silly you sound to those of us that have put hundreds of hours into grinding PvP for UC to upgrade gear.

I have upgraded five pieces to 248 via UC, three from 242, two from 230 all the way up. I have spent around 2000 UC doing this. I have done this because the 248 RNG rates are so bad.

I did this at a rate of 8 UC per warzone win, 3 per loss. Each WZ takes 10-15 minutes, with a few minutes between pops.

Do the math. And that's on *top* of grinding our way to the Tier 4 Disintegration Crates, which have abysmal drop rates for 248.

Do you see now why people who imply that PvPers complaining about CXP desire instant gratification seem like such utter condescending naive fools to some of us?

Edited by stoopicus

Dude, you haven't even gotten to the same place as the people you are condescending to. If you are suggesting that we all need to just work a little harder and be patient, you can't possibly understand how naive and silly you sound to those of us that have put hundreds of hours into grinding PvP for UC to upgrade gear.

I have upgraded five pieces to 248 via UC, three from 242, two from 230 all the way up. I have spent around 2000 UC doing this. I have done this because the 248 RNG rates are so bad.

I did this at a rate of 8 UC per warzone win, 3 per loss. Each WZ takes 10-15 minutes, with a few minutes between pops.

Do the math. And that's on *top* of grinding our way to the Tier 4 Disintegration Crates, which have abysmal drop rates for 248.

Do you see now why people who imply that PvPers complaining about CXP desire instant gratification seem like such utter condescending naive fools to some of us?

i know it's slow proces.. i playing GSF and pvp only and i really don't mind how long it takes to have my top gear.

That's the problem. You just complaining about time for getting gear... nothing else.