The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring Out New Customization Options More Often

Dear Cartel Market team,

So yesterday we saw the release of a new Additional Hairstyles pack. First of all, I want to express my immense gratitude that you have given us new customization options. Surely you have noticed over the years there is a huge demand for more customization options, as people like to have variety in how their characters (and those of others) look.

However, this leads me to my first point of feedback that I have: bring out new customization options like additional hairstyles, eye colours or even complexions (and we could really use some new ones!!!) more often. You know what? Why not bring them out on a monthly basis, you know how much you'd earn from the Cartel Market if you did that? People would be buying the new customization options like crazy. Because that is what the players really want, we want more options in the character creator. For example, we have been looking at the same faces since the launch of the game. I would absolutely adore to have new faces made available to be bought so I can give a fresh new look to my toons. Instead of designing new cartel packs on a monthly basis, divert some resources to the creation of new looks for our toons and people would be much more grateful. So regarding this first piece of feedback don't go silent on new Hairstyles for another year or two again. Please bring out more customization options like faces, complexions, hairstyles and eye colours. It will be a much better investment for both you and the players.

My second piece of feedback is the following: don't overdo the fantasy/futuristic look. The Shae Viszla hairstyle is looking great because it looks "normal" and relatable. I could see a woman in the real world wearing such a hairdo. The other two however? They look completely unrelatable to me especially the one with the bangs down and that weird mushroom growing out of the back of my character's head. Of course you can keep the futuristic look to some extent in the customization options as it is after all Star Wars. However, do keep that touch of normalness and relatability to the real world in it because that is when hairstyles will really sell well, and other customization options too. Don't be afraid to look at real world celebrities and draw inspiration from their looks, or just the people walking down the street. There you will already find amazing futuristic or avant garde hairstyles and looks, but as I said, don't overdo the fantasy look. Players want to be able to relate to their characters.

So those are my 2 cents for the Cartel Market team. I really hope this will be noticed as I believe it could be useful to the planning of future Cartel Market content.

Edited by Ylliarus

I am glad they brought out something some people like but as I stated before I am more of a long hair style lady than short hair, so when they give long hair styles that are cute and nice those I will purchase. These I won't but more customization are always nice and should be done more often, even if I am particular on what I like.

a lot of people

It's usually a bad idea to make such an assumption on an Internet forum. Some forums will even give you a vacation for doing so unless you can point at something that backs up your assumption. And even then you may still get a vacation.

We've been seeing a lot of reskins lately around here with the CM releases. Discussion elsewhere which we're not allowed to link to here has brought up the question of how many folks are working with the game art. We were rather surprised to see something original come out like this that required some effort.

I love the fact that we got new customization options and I agree that they need to release these much more often, but

this sadly doesn't affect any of my characters, so I wont be buying it. :rolleyes:

I guess that's the drawback to making the majority of ones characters Cathar.

It's usually a bad idea to make such an assumption on an Internet forum. Some forums will even give you a vacation for doing so unless you can point at something that backs up your assumption. And even then you may still get a vacation.

Well, I may not have exact numbers for you but generally look around the Republic Fleet and Imperial Fleet. When I am around there I see tons of characters donning the additional hairstyles they implemented after launch. It's why I assumed and can fairly safely say that "a lot of people" are interested in more customization options.

To further strengthen my point Eric Musco just said in the livestream that indeed people were very content with the new hairstyles, so much so that the feedback Bioware got made them sit down and discuss potential further additions. If such is the case there surely must be a demand for it.

I agree that more customizations happening more often would be great. It's cool that we have 3 new styles for the humans and very close to humans, I've already swapped a couple chars to hairstyles that were released after launch. I'd like to see new eye colors rolled out too. Humans had some new ones in green and blue, but why can't those go to say Mirialans or Twi'lek or Purebloods?

I'd love to see some love happen for Cathar and Zabrak, too. For Zabrak, fixing the skin tone bug and adding some new tattoo patterns and hairstyles. For Cathar, more hairstyles and a few more fur patterns.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, would like these new customization options to pop up more often - however I would much rather they were less often if it meant more time could go into them, as one of the recent hairstyles looked rather odd and unusable (personal opinion, at least). I did of course buy them and will be using the longer female style when I start on some new alts, so I'm very grateful for the added freshness! I'm always happy when new character creation stuff appears.

I'm in support of more, but please, not of the quality of that undercut style or the odd third style of the latest batch (not the shaven male style or the longer female style - the other one). Mostly, it's good quality, I'd like more of that please! :jawa_smile: Especially when it extends across species - though it would be nice if Cathar, Twi'lek, Zabrak etc. got some attention.

I, too, would like these new customization options to pop up more often - however I would much rather they were less often if it meant more time could go into them, as one of the recent hairstyles looked rather odd and unusable (personal opinion, at least). I did of course buy them and will be using the longer female style when I start on some new alts, so I'm very grateful for the added freshness! I'm always happy when new character creation stuff appears.

I'm in support of more, but please, not of the quality of that undercut style or the odd third style of the latest batch (not the shaven male style or the longer female style - the other one). Mostly, it's good quality, I'd like more of that please! :jawa_smile: Especially when it extends across species - though it would be nice if Cathar, Twi'lek, Zabrak etc. got some attention.

I very much agree with you here. With the more often thing I meant of course more often than we have now, like, the last customization options before this one were... how many years ago? XD but definitely, I prefer quality over quantity. One major issue is the color scheming of the new hairstyles, like, why is black not true black but a weird greenish version? I really would want them to put more effort into that so when you pick for example black as the haircolour it is actually black.

I very much agree with you here. With the more often thing I meant of course more often than we have now, like, the last customization options before this one were... how many years ago? XD but definitely, I prefer quality over quantity. One major issue is the color scheming of the new hairstyles, like, why is black not true black but a weird greenish version? I really would want them to put more effort into that so when you pick for example black as the haircolour it is actually black.

Absolutely - given the strong love of black in the game - the want for black crystals, the prices of black dyes, etc., it would be nice to have a matching 'Jet Black' hair colour, instead of the greenish hue or otherwise going dark grey or dark brown. Perhaps there is something they can't do with pure black or white, because the same goes for white. There is only the light greyish white, or the platinum blonde white, no white white. I wonder what the reasoning is there... :jawa_confused:

I am very curious to the community's thoughts about this, would love to hear what y'all think!

We definately need more hair styes like a chinese quipu... I wa trying to make my sith jedi. a Throwback character to the je'dai order and i couldn't find a short hair with a long ponytail. Seeing how George lucas's star wars francise was heavily influenced by buddhism and the samurai culture, Iwould expect more of this reflected in the game. Another example would be it you are only dualign one vibro blade it should hang in a sheath at your side....just a suggestion.

i personally want to see new races being added, such as my zeltron i want so badly but i know at this point since this game is slowly dying its probably never going to happen

OH and the zeltrons made hologram fun world.... which would be a neat little "circus faire type" event/theme park that could be put in rotation like the nightlife/bounty hunter and rakghoul events

I'd love to see new customization options rolled out, but I would hope the next one would be focused one or more of the playable aliens who don't use the human hairstyles.

There should be a Twi'lek, Togruta, and Rattataki customization packs as well.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco