Machine-guns against samauri swords

Ucrag

Since 5.0 War-zones have become a firing squad and everybody knows it....It's like basic maths....If you up the power of the guns to match the sabres, the sabres become useless...Like what actually happened in history.

Jedi & Sith have NO PARRY ability witch takes away the 1 and only advantage of wielding a lightsaber.

Even if you could throw your sword & make it come back to your hand, would you take on a soldier with an AK47 ??'

You'd be dead in seconds....Probably the reason you don't see a lot of Samurai in Afghanistan or out there fighting the terrorists.

The 1st thing a Luke learns is how to fight the training remote....

In true Imperial fashion they are taking full advantage of Bioware's little gift too....6 guns on an 8 man team in almost every match now.

I don't know why you attach the name Starwars to this game...The 2 things couldn't be more different.

In your version I guess Obiwan & Darth Vader's fight would've lasted about 3 & a half seconds....They both would've died in a hail of blaster fire.

Since 5.0 War-zones have become a firing squad and everybody knows it....It's like basic maths....If you up the power of the guns to match the sabres, the sabres become useless...Like what actually happened in history.

Jedi & Sith have NO PARRY ability witch takes away the 1 and only advantage of wielding a lightsaber.

Even if you could throw your sword & make it come back to your hand, would you take on a soldier with an AK47 ??'

You'd be dead in seconds....Probably the reason you don't see a lot of Samurai in Afghanistan or out there fighting the terrorists.

The 1st thing a Luke learns is how to fight the training remote....

In true Imperial fashion they are taking full advantage of Bioware's little gift too....6 guns on an 8 man team in almost every match now.

I don't know why you attach the name Starwars to this game...The 2 things couldn't be more different.

In your version I guess Obiwan & Darth Vader's fight would've lasted about 3 & a half seconds....They both would've died in a hail of blaster fire.

Catchy Title =]

I've always found it odd that one of the most iconic aspects of force user's with lightsabers to deflect laser bolts doesn't exist for most of them in the game. Makes no sense Lore wise.

How many times did we see Luke, Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu and a score of other force users deflected laser bolts with their sabers? Only like 9000 times, give or take 10.

PVP barely feels like Star Wars anymore with the ranged dominance in this meta.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

You know what, you're bloody right! I can hop onto virtually any class in the game, and massacre the living daylights out of all the Mara/Merc/Sniper rerolls who don't know how to use cooldowns properly! "War zones" have indeed become a killing field.

The Sith and the Jedi are few and far between, while any bloke can carry a gun. I always found it weird that there were people wielding lightsabers all over the place. One here and there and a ******** of normal troops feels more like Star Wars than a million Kylo Ren wannabes in 4.0.

Simplified I know, but DPS lightsabre users can usually leap to their ranged enemies, while tank Force users have damage mitigation options and DcDs. - Those that use the lightsabre to channel their heals can heal themselves.

VGs and Powertechs have harpoons to reel people in. - Just where your melee needs to be. Other force users have stealth - which breaks off combat, or phase walk which gets you away from trouble.

I could agree if ranged could snipe you from 500m - but 30/35m range is easily crossed with the usual gap closers within a GCD.

If you don't wanna be shot, move away from the target range. If you're in range of being shot close the gap or LoS your attacker.

Nothing frustrates a ranged dps more than people weaving in and out of LoS - Trust me, I've mained a sniper long enough.... Which I why I switched to Virulence... coz at least the DoTs run even when you can't unload your full rotation into someone. :)

And yes. I get CCd almost as much as I chuck out CCs, slows and roots. - There's so much that you can't roll out of without your breaker(s) and there's a lot that just gets reflected on channelled attacks, or mitigated.... and a DoT spec doesn't always have burst to always overcome a skilled tank or healer who knows their class, when there's so much more going on to interrupt your rotation(s)

TLDR: the grass isn't always as green on the other side as you think. - But try it sometime, you might learn a trick or two.:cool:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Simplified I know, but DPS lightsabre users can usually leap to their ranged enemies, while tank Force users have damage mitigation options and DcDs. - Those that use the lightsabre to channel their heals can heal themselves.

VGs and Powertechs have harpoons to reel people in. - Just where your melee needs to be. Other force users have stealth - which breaks off combat, or phase walk which gets you away from trouble.

I could agree if ranged could snipe you from 500m - but 30/35m range is easily crossed with the usual gap closers within a GCD.

If you don't wanna be shot, move away from the target range. If you're in range of being shot close the gap or LoS your attacker.

Nothing frustrates a ranged dps more than people weaving in and out of LoS - Trust me, I've mained a sniper long enough.... Which I why I switched to Virulence... coz at least the DoTs run even when you can't unload your full rotation into someone. :)

And yes. I get CCd almost as much as I chuck out CCs, slows and roots. - There's so much that you can't roll out of without your breaker(s) and there's a lot that just gets reflected on channelled attacks, or mitigated.... and a DoT spec doesn't always have burst to always overcome a skilled tank or healer who knows their class, when there's so much more going on to interrupt your rotation(s)

TLDR: the grass isn't always as green on the other side as you think. - But try it sometime, you might learn a trick or two.:cool:

Can't leap to snipers.

And any way you cut it, ranged can be in range to hit melee long before a melee can be in range to hit ranged. Ranged have better uptime.

Jugg leaps in, hit's Mr merc. Mr. merc rocket's out and slows Joe the Jugg. Mr. merc can attack Joe Jugg, Joe Jugg can't attack Mr. Merc.

Moving out of range and breaking LOS become alot harder when you are moving at a snails pace because of rotational slows, roots and and Insane Movement control abilties .

Trying breaking LOS/moving out of range when you are slowed by 70 % by a plasma probe and even using a breaker is pointless because Plasma Prone can be spammed and moved right back on top of you after you break the previous one. Followed by roots, followed by long ranged hard stuns.

When you're melee, your not trying to get out of range, your trying to get in range. [4M]. Unless of course you're just gonna hide the whole match.

Melee don't control snipers, snipers control melee.

When you have cc immunities, your not getting CCed as much as those who don't have CC immunties.

You're right though, the grass isnt always green on the other side, but in this case it is =p

See the suffering of my people. See the empty huts. Where are the Guardians who rode the tauntaun and hunted the Uxibeast on the plains?

I seek guidance from my spirit guide, Teemaspeeki: where have my brothers gone? The answer is clear: they have adopted the ways of the white-man (Merc-Sniper).

Come with me my brothers...we will gather in the sacred place...dance the forbidden 'Ghost Dance'...make our enemies disappear (nerf).

Hear me, my Devs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will pvp no more...forever.

Jedi

See the suffering of my people. See the empty huts. Where are the Guardians who rode the tauntaun and hunted the Uxibeast on the plains?

I seek guidance from my spirit guide, Teemaspeeki: where have my brothers gone? The answer is clear: they have adopted the ways of the white-man (Merc-Sniper).

Come with me my brothers...we will gather in the sacred place...dance the forbidden 'Ghost Dance'...make our enemies disappear (nerf).

Hear me, my Devs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will pvp no more...forever.

Jedi

LOL

Here's to them hearing you! [Although I'm not optomistic = [ ]

what exactly do you think saber ward is? same with deflection? what exactly do you think you are warding and deflecting?

Good point.

But still a little off what is presented from Star Wars Lore. Jedi weren't having to wait 3 minutes between deflecting blaster bolts.

Just like mercs/snipers don't have to reload their weapons ever in the game.

So you want it to be more about the lore and less about balance. well, you have what you want already then, there are severely less jedi than there are bounty hunters, and this is before the rule of two so even the sith far outnumbered them. boba and aurra sing are two examples that come to mind that were regularly able to take on jedi. not to mention that almost all jedi were killed by bounty hunters and troopers with order 66

If you want to talk about Lore versus Balance... I've always thought it completely ridiculous that a Scoundrel could punch a Sith Lord to death. Or a Sniper/Gunslinger could shoot them to death with no deflections.

Magic (the Force) beats guns and fists every time.

If we wanted to tilt towards Lore though, it would necessarily hurt the balance. Maybe to the point where nobody played the non-Force-using classes. I see why Bioware has things this way, but I also believe that they went way way way overboard this time around for Snipers and Mercs. Here's hoping they fix it soon.

If you want to talk about Lore versus Balance... I've always thought it completely ridiculous that a Scoundrel could punch a Sith Lord to death. Or a Sniper/Gunslinger could shoot them to death with no deflections.

If we wanted to tilt towards Lore though, it would necessarily hurt the balance. Maybe to the point where nobody played the non-Force-using classes. I see why Bioware has things this way, but I also believe that they went way way way overboard this time around for Snipers and Mercs. Here's hoping they fix it soon.

The clone troopers would disagree. =)

But seriously, if it were about lore mandalorians would also have lightsaber proof armor, and cyborgs had implants to resist the force...so......

Of course, it should not be that force users should be able to run rampant over non force users. It's a game, people need to be able to play either type of character competitively. But, it makes even less sense that mercs and snipers should have so much on force users than the other way around.

They should be balanced of course. But this isn't balance, far from it.

The clone troopers would disagree. =)

But seriously, if it were about lore mandalorians would also have lightsaber proof armor, and cyborgs had implants to resist the force...so......

I think someone may have forgotten to tell that to Jango Fett....

And those poor bastards that tried to carry out Order 66 on Yoda. =p