The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HK-55 on Cartel Market

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people always want stuff cheaper than what others have paid for and they already said it was a one time thing being subbed from date to date, if you missed it so what your fault.

I'm curious to what other items people want cheaper than what was offered. There aren't that many sub rewards people have missed.

There is the RNG Items I guess, but figure some got those platinum items on 1 pack, so that makes the item cheap then, right? :p

I'm curious to what other items people want cheaper than what was offered. There aren't that many sub rewards people have missed.

There is the RNG Items I guess, but figure some got those platinum items on 1 pack, so that makes the item cheap then, right? :p

Have you missed all the "suggestions" (read demands) to make the BONUS chapter available again, and for far less than the $120 that those who met the criteria to be able to access that BONUS chapter paid.

People have "suggested" that it be sold on the CM for as little as 500 CC's. If I am not mistaken, the average "suggested" price seems to be about 1000 CC's, or less than $10 worth of CC's.

Even the companions are not free from the "give it to me for a pittance" category. The "suggestions" that the subscriber reward companions be made available again for 500 CC's or less abound on these forums.

When you consider the numbers of FREE CC's floating around, whether those be from referral stipends, subscriber stipends or security key stipends, selling subscriber rewards for ANY amount of CC's might as well be giving them away for FREE.

Edited by Ratajack

I'd say it should be 300$ in CC imo, cause if you missed the promotion atleast you'll have the option to purchase it

IMO, subscriber rewards should not be made available again.

IF, and that is a big IF, BW makes any of the past subscriber rewards available again, they should be a real money purchase. CC's should not enter into it in any way, shape or form. There are far too many FREE CC's floating around. The cost should also higher than the cost to obtain those rewards when the promotions were run. There should be some penalty for a "second chance".

Examples:

Nico Okarr, Shae Vizla and HK-55 should be at least $20, but a better price would be $25, IMO. The BONUS HK-55 chapter should be at least $150, IMO.

Have you missed all the "suggestions" (read demands) to make the BONUS chapter available again, and for far less than the $120 that those who met the criteria to be able to access that BONUS chapter paid.

People have "suggested" that it be sold on the CM for as little as 500 CC's. If I am not mistaken, the average "suggested" price seems to be about 1000 CC's, or less than $10 worth of CC's.

People who got it by meeting the subscriber reward paid nothing/ to unlock it. They paid for a subscription and got the companion for no additional cost.

That said, I absolutely agree that thinking it should be unlocked for less than it takes to unlock, say, Treek, already is expecting way too much of a price break. Treek is already 2,000 and outside of a couple conversations, doesn't really offer much in the way of related content (and heck, isn't she, like, mechanically, worse than the new standardized companions?). The HK-55 alert comes with related achievements and customizations by default, and Z0-OM with with an elaborate mission, side content, story, and even a hidden decoration.

With those in mind, and keeping in mind that it's a special promotion, there's no reason a direct sale on the CM shouldn't be in the 3,000 range.

Of course, I still think the best thing to do would be to make it an "alternative" reward for future subscriber promotions.

People who got it by meeting the subscriber reward paid nothing/ to unlock it. They paid for a subscription and got the companion for no additional cost.

That said, I absolutely agree that thinking it should be unlocked for less than it takes to unlock, say, Treek, already is expecting way too much of a price break. Treek is already 2,000 and outside of a couple conversations, doesn't really offer much in the way of related content (and heck, isn't she, like, mechanically, worse than the new standardized companions?). The HK-55 alert comes with related achievements and customizations by default, and Z0-OM with with an elaborate mission, side content, story, and even a hidden decoration.

With those in mind, and keeping in mind that it's a special promotion, there's no reason a direct sale on the CM shouldn't be in the 3,000 range.

Of course, I still think the best thing to do would be to make it an "alternative" reward for future subscriber promotions.

No. People who received the subscriber rewards had to subscribe. They had to pay the subscription cost. They did not get them for "nothing".

Were there some that would have subscribed anyway? I certain there were. Were there some that may not have subscribed without the added incentive of the companions, or any other reward? I'm certain there were people that fell into this category also.

I certainly hope that BW continues to keep the past subscriber rewards exclusive to those who earned them and does not make them available again.

The terms and conditions for all past subscriber rewards have been clear and explicit.

I would like to see BW implement a "veteran reward system", alongside more time specific subscriber rewards in the future, with the two reward systems having separate and distinct rewards.

Examples:

Offer two companions, one for those that are subscriber on date X and a different one for those who subscribe for a total 6 months.

Offer two mounts, one for those who subscribers on Y date and one for those who reach a total of 12 months subscribed.

Offer two bonus chapters, one for those who are subscribers from X date to Y date and one for those who reach a total of 24 months subscribed.

IMO, subscriber rewards should not be made available again.

IF, and that is a big IF, BW makes any of the past subscriber rewards available again, they should be a real money purchase. CC's should not enter into it in any way, shape or form. There are far too many FREE CC's floating around. The cost should also higher than the cost to obtain those rewards when the promotions were run. There should be some penalty for a "second chance".

Examples:

Nico Okarr, Shae Vizla and HK-55 should be at least $20, but a better price would be $25, IMO. The BONUS HK-55 chapter should be at least $150, IMO.

Agreed.

Look, I've been a sub since day 1 and have never let my sub expire. So I have gotten every single sub reward. Some I have enjoyed, others not so much. I am NOT against BW offering sub rewards after they have been rewarded, but they NEED to cost more than what it would have cost to just sub at the right time and it needs to cost real money not CC.

Agreed.

Look, I've been a sub since day 1 and have never let my sub expire. So I have gotten every single sub reward. Some I have enjoyed, others not so much. I am NOT against BW offering sub rewards after they have been rewarded, but they NEED to cost more than what it would have cost to just sub at the right time and it needs to cost real money not CC.

Yeah, Ratajack and I often disagree but he's totally spot on there. Sub rewards should be rewarding for their intended purpose. If not, if there is a cheaper or easier method, why pay attention to them?

HK-47 is my favorite character in any Star Wars property, not just Old Republic, so naturally I would love to have HK-55. I'd really like Z0-0M. I would love the additional content. But I wasn't playing the game (or any other MMO) at the time, so I missed out. That's how it goes.

All this argument about meeting the requirements to get a companion is moot, especially after the Dark Vs. Light Event. I participated in that got all the tiers of it done and guess what? I didn't get the companion I wanted, I got a stupid Chris's Jedi that I'd preferred my light sided pubs to have over my dark sided imperials. So that whole meet the requirements argument I'm seeing in here is nothing but moot to me after the Dark Vs. Light Event.

I mean seriously if I have to sit here after all I did to meet the requirements to get a companion I'll never recruit or use the holocommunicator, and should have gotten the companion of my choice I think anyone arguing "meet the requirements" can deal with them reissuing HK-55 as a companion, if they so choose. That's a stupid excuse after that Event. And people can claim it's different all they want, not to me. It makes the point of meeting requirements doesn't mean jack squat after that Event.

All this argument about meeting the requirements to get a companion is moot, especially after the Dark Vs. Light Event. I participated in that got all the tiers of it done and guess what? I didn't get the companion I wanted, I got a stupid Chris's Jedi that I'd preferred my light sided pubs to have over my dark sided imperials. So that whole meet the requirements argument I'm seeing in here is nothing but moot to me after the Dark Vs. Light Event.

I mean seriously if I have to sit here after all I did to meet the requirements to get a companion I'll never recruit or use the holocommunicator, and should have gotten the companion of my choice I think anyone arguing "meet the requirements" can deal with them reissuing HK-55 as a companion, if they so choose. That's a stupid excuse after that Event. And people can claim it's different all they want, not to me. It makes the point of meeting requirements doesn't mean jack squat after that Event.

The DvL promotion was to get the WINNING companion, not necessarily the one you WANTED.

You did NOT meet the requirements to get the companion you WANTED. NOWHERE was there anything even mentioned by BW about getting the companion you WANTED.

The fact that you did not get the companion you WANTED is not even close to being a compelling reason to make subscriber rewards available to those who did NOT met the requirements to receive them.

Your post is about an event reward. The OP's post is about a subscriber reward. They are not the same thing.
And as far as the DvL reward goes, I'd be totally ok with it if they sold the losing companion on the Cartel Market.

That way people who completed the objectives got the prize and everyone was given the same opportunity to purchase the unavailable one if they wanted it.

Put me down as someone who would pay real money to buy HK-55's bonus mission.

I didn't miss out on it because I affirmatively chose not to subscribe when it was available, I missed out on it because I wasn't aware it even existed at the time. It's not like they advertised it in my local paper.

I can see rewarding people who were subbed at the time by including the mission and the companion with their subscription instead of charging extra for it, and also of course letting them have access to it much earlier, but cutting off all access to actual story content to everyone else in perpetuity seems a bit drastic to me, like they're essentially punishing new players for being new. I can't really think of another example of content restricted in that way that isn't purely cosmetic (like the various PVP season titles).

I'd also like to point out that the people who are saying $100-$150 would be a fair price because that was the cost of the subscription when the mission was originally offered are assuming that subscriber rewards constitute 100% of the value of a subscription, and I think we all know that's not true.

I'd also like to point out that the people who are saying $100-$150 would be a fair price because that was the cost of the subscription when the mission was originally offered are assuming that subscriber rewards constitute 100% of the value of a subscription, and I think we all know that's not true.

No. We're not assuming that the subscriber reward was 100% of the value.

We're saying that anyone who actually DID meet the criteria to receive the BONUS chapter had to subscribe for 8 months, at a cost of $120 at the single month subscription rate. Anyone who is honest will admit that IS true.

Put me down as someone who would pay real money to buy HK-55's bonus mission.

I didn't miss out on it because I affirmatively chose not to subscribe when it was available, I missed out on it because I wasn't aware it even existed at the time. It's not like they advertised it in my local paper.

I can see rewarding people who were subbed at the time by including the mission and the companion with their subscription instead of charging extra for it, and also of course letting them have access to it much earlier, but cutting off all access to actual story content to everyone else in perpetuity seems a bit drastic to me, like they're essentially punishing new players for being new. I can't really think of another example of content restricted in that way that isn't purely cosmetic (like the various PVP season titles).

I'd also like to point out that it really makes no difference WHY a player did not meet the criteria to receive a particular subscriber reward. The only thing that matters is that they did NOT meet that criteria.

Games change and evolve. What is available today may not be available in a month. That can include "content", story lines and/or quests. Should the player that starts two months from now be able to simply complain on the forums and pay a pittance to be able to have something that is no longer available?

No. We're not assuming that the subscriber reward was 100% of the value.

We're saying that anyone who actually DID meet the criteria to receive the BONUS chapter had to subscribe for 8 months, at a cost of $120 at the single month subscription rate. Anyone who is honest will admit that IS true.

No one is denying that. I just don't think it's terribly relevant, unless you're saying that your subscription during that period was only worth the price because of the HK-55 mission.

I'd also like to point out that it really makes no difference WHY a player did not meet the criteria to receive a particular subscriber reward. The only thing that matters is that they did NOT meet that criteria.

Clearly it does matter why, or virtually every poster arguing against putting the mission on the market wouldn't be phrasing their arguments with the assumption that people who didn't get the mission when it originally came out simply chose not to do it.

Games change and evolve. What is available today may not be available in a month. That can include "content", story lines and/or quests. Should the player that starts two months from now be able to simply complain on the forums and pay a pittance to be able to have something that is no longer available?

Give me another example of story lines that were previously available but are now not. Better, give me another example of story lines that were previously available but are now only available to certain select people.

Edited by J_Craver

No one is denying that. I just don't think it's terribly relevant, unless you're saying that your subscription during that period was only worth the price because of the HK-55 mission.

There were definitely some people who only maintained their subscription due to the subscriber rewards during that content drought. Did everyone who maintained their subscription do so only because of the subscriber rewards? No, but some DID.

Clearly it does matter why, or virtually every poster arguing against putting the mission on the market wouldn't be phrasing their arguments with the assumption that people who didn't get the mission when it originally came out simply chose not to do it.

It seems to matter more to those who did NOT meet the criteria, for whatever reason. It seems that people want to find a way to try to justify their false sense of entitlement and their desire to have that which they KNOW they are NOT entitled to have.

If Johnny didn't know there was a one day only event to meet Mark Hammill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fischer and did not purchase one of the highly limited tickets and missed his chance to attend, then found out about that event two months later, do you think he would be entitled to a "second chance" to meet them simply because he claims that he did not know about the event?

Give me another example of story lines that were previously available but are now not. Better, give me another example of story lines that were previously available but are now only available to certain select people.

Maybe you have forgotten about the datacron cubes that were rare drops from CM packs. Sure, they may still drop from grand chance cubes, or maybe some players till have a few sitting around to sell, but that "content" is only available to certain select people-those who are fortunate enough to acquire one of the datacrons.

In addition, the Grand Acquisition event and the original Rakhghoul plague are both now no longer available as they were limited time events. I'm sure there are others, as well.

Edited by Ratajack

It is important to remember subscriber rewards are essentially a "thank you" for being subscribed at a given time. As with most companies, BW has revenue targets they are trying to meet, so they offer the subscriber rewards as incentives to help them meet their revenue goals at those times. Once the period is over, additional revenue is great, but no amount of money will change the results for the time covered by the reward.

Exhibit A (not from this game) WOW Cataclysm expansion. Blizzard changed the entire world and anyone starting after Cataclysm launched would NEVER be able to experience/play through the world as it was before that Expansion.

It seems to matter more to those who did NOT meet the criteria, for whatever reason. It seems that people want to find a way to try to justify their false sense of entitlement and their desire to have that which they KNOW they are NOT entitled to have.

I don't usually offer to pay for something I'm entitled to have. I just ask for it. And I am offering to pay for this mission. I just don't think $120 for one mission seems like a reasonable price, when the people who got it originally did not, in fact, spend that much and receive only the mission in return.

If Johnny didn't know there was a one day only event to meet Mark Hammill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fischer and did not purchase one of the highly limited tickets and missed his chance to attend, then found out about that event two months later, do you think he would be entitled to a "second chance" to meet them simply because he claims that he did not know about the event?

False analogy. Carrie Fisher no longer exists. It's not possible for someone to meet her under any circumstances. The HK-55 mission obviously still does exist. It's not a huge imposition on anyone to offer it for sale.

Maybe you have forgotten about the datacron cubes that were rare drops from CM packs. Sure, they may still drop from grand chance cubes, or maybe some players till have a few sitting around to sell, but that "content" is only available to certain select people-those who are fortunate enough to acquire one of the datacrons.

I didn't forget about them. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Exhibit A (not from this game) WOW Cataclysm expansion. Blizzard changed the entire world and anyone starting after Cataclysm launched would NEVER be able to experience/play through the world as it was before that Expansion.

But were the people who subscribed for a certain period able to choose whether to play the new world or the old one? Because that's the only way the two situations are comparable.

Edited by J_Craver

I don't usually offer to pay for something I'm entitled to have. I just ask for it. And I am offering to pay for this mission. I just don't think $120 for one mission seems like a reasonable price, when the people who got it originally did not, in fact, spend that much and receive only the mission in return.

Whether they received "more" than the mission or not is irrelevant. The fact is that no one was able to exprience that mission for less than the cost of 8 months worth of subscription, $120 at the single month subscription rate.

False analogy. Carrie Fisher no longer exists. It's not possible for someone to meet her under any circumstances. The HK-55 mission obviously still does exist. It's not a huge imposition on anyone to offer it for sale.

Then make it a limited one day event to meet Mark Hammill and Harrison Ford, or are you going to tell me they no longer exist?

Additionally, hypothetically, the limited one day event took place well before Carrie Fischer passed away and those who bought tickets not only got to meet the stars, but also got their autographs. Carrie Fischer's autograph did not cease to exist when she passed away. That autograph still exists, just as the HK-55 mission still exists. The opportunity to acquire an autograph from Carrie Fischer no longer exists, though, just as the opportunity to acquire access to the HK-55 mission no longer exists,. The window of opportunity has closed.

I didn't forget about them. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Are you now going to expect to be able to complain and pay a pittance to be able to experience that "content" also?

The point is there IS precedent in this game for "content" to no longer be available to those who did not meet the criteria to be able to experience that content, even if that criteria was as simple as being a subscriber at a certain time, or be playing the game during a specific time frame.

But were the people who subscribed for a certain period able to choose whether to play the new world or the old one? Because that's the only way the two situations are comparable.

No. The world in which you played depended upon when you were playing. Prior to the "cataclysm", players played in the "old" world, and after the "cataclysm", players play in the new world.

The world in which those players play, however, is irrelevant. The point is that the "old" content experience is unavailable to those who began playing after the "cataclysm".

Ultimately, it sounds like you KNOW that you are NOT entitled to the subscriber rewards and are simply trying to justify a false sense of entitlement in your desire to have that which you KNOW you do NOT deserve to have.

You're right. I know I'm not entitled to it, and that's why I'm offering to buy it.

It really baffles me that you see a sense of entitlement in asking BioWare for the opportunity to pay them money for something.

And, yeah, I'm down with BioWare selling those datacron things again if people want them. Why not? More money for them, more fun for their customers.