The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HK-55 on Cartel Market

When I first played KOTFE, I was looking forward to the HK-55 bonus mission since I would be playing as HK-55 himself but when I found out you only get it if your a sub by January 11th, I was very disappointed that BW would do something like that, I mean, I get that it's a reward to people who have supported the game but did they have to do it on a companion like HK-55, especially since he's one of the few HK droids that says "meatbag", I just hope that BW could put HK-55 on the cartel market, like HK-51 and Treek, so that the people who missed their chance on getting him, like me, can finally have him, also if they do put him on the cartel market and even include his quest where you play as him when you get him would be nice too!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it will happen. Bioware seems to usually stick with keeping sub awards as such and not giving them out afterwards. The only example of them not doing so would be the recent Jawa award and even that was different from the original.

The fanboys who earned it would also riot.

If you put hk-55 in the search box at the upper right and click on the search button, you'll see previous threads on this topic.

The fanboys who earned it would also riot.

As someone who has him (and Z0, and Shae, and Nico), I think it's laughable to claim I "earned" it. That's, I think, part of the problem I have dealing with the player base. It's not enough to have something cool, somebody else has to not get it.

On that note, I would see nothing wrong with any of those rewards added to the CM. I got them "free" with my subscription, let someone else pay for 'em, no skin off my back.

As someone who has him (and Z0, and Shae, and Nico), I think it's laughable to claim I "earned" it. That's, I think, part of the problem I have dealing with the player base. It's not enough to have something cool, somebody else has to not get it.

On that note, I would see nothing wrong with any of those rewards added to the CM. I got them "free" with my subscription, let someone else pay for 'em, no skin off my back.

"Earned" doesn't necessarily mean a great effort. "Earned" means doing what is required to obtain something. In the case of HK-55m Nico and Shae Vizla, that was being a subscriber on a specific date. Those who have any those companions did earn them by being subscribers on the appropriate dates.

As to making them available to those that did NOT do what was required, for whatever reason, there is nothing wrong with someone NOT having some thing which they did not earn. Those who did NOT do what was necessary to have those companions are NOT being "punished". They are simply not being rewarded for meeting specific criteria.

I have no problem with them selling it, as long as 1) they sell it for the cost of the number of months worth of subscription required to get it in the first place, and 2) it can't be purchased with free/referral coins.

So about $100-110ish.

I have no problem with them selling it, as long as 1) they sell it for the cost of the number of months worth of subscription required to get it in the first place, and 2) it can't be purchased with free/referral coins.

So about $100-110ish.

Agreed. If it were to be made available again, the requirements to obtain it should be no less than what was required to obtain it before.

As to making them available to those that did NOT do what was required, for whatever reason, there is nothing wrong with someone NOT having some thing which they did not earn. Those who did NOT do what was necessary to have those companions are NOT being "punished". They are simply not being rewarded for meeting specific criteria.

Is there any reason not to let people "earn" them again, then, though? Do another sub window, people who already have the previous ones can get a new one, people who don't can choose between the new one or one of the old ones. What reason is there to limit options?

Nah, people had the chance to earn it already, but decided to try and "cheat" their way to getting the KotFE story by only subbing at the end to get every chapter. Now they are back crying because they want to have their cake AND eat it.

This was the reward for those who remained loyal, and stayed with the game through those months.

Is there any reason not to let people "earn" them again, then, though? Do another sub window, people who already have the previous ones can get a new one, people who don't can choose between the new one or one of the old ones. What reason is there to limit options?

That would negatively impact the effectiveness of the subscriber rewards promotions, especially the time specific subscriber rewards promotions.

Why should Johnny subscribe now to get the reward, when he can simply wait a bit and see if he actually wants that reward, then whine, complain and/or beg on the forums and get a "second chance" to subscribe and get it, or be able to purchase it directly for a pittance?

If Johnny missed out on his chance to get HK-55, for whatever reason, then he needs to grow up and accept that he missed out. He could also consider it added incentive to ensure that he remains subscribed so as not to miss out on any future subscriber rewards.

Why should Johnny subscribe now to get the reward, when he can simply wait a bit and see if he actually wants that reward, then whine, complain and/or beg on the forums and get a "second chance" to subscribe and get it, or be able to purchase it directly for a pittance?

Because even a pittance is more than "free", which is what I got it for. Seems to me like in that case, he's done more to earn the companion than I have.

If Johnny missed out on his chance to get HK-55, for whatever reason, then he needs to grow up and accept that he missed out. He could also consider it added incentive to ensure that he remains subscribed so as not to miss out on any future subscriber rewards.

Again, though, that doesn't answer the question of "why not offer it again?" Even if it's not available on the market, doing a promotion where they go "You can get HK-55 or GEMINI Prime!", then in that case, the same thing is done for the reward, and the person who subscribed both times earns more rewards than the person who didn't.

I just can't figure out any explanation for a player wanting another player to not be able to obtain something, despite meeting the same qualifications, other than pure narcissism.

Scroll back up to my answer

Nope, still doesn't explain it. In order to get a subscriber reward now, they have to demonstrate exactly as much loyalty as they did the first time around. Subscription prices didn't go down or increase in value since then.

Nope, still doesn't explain it. In order to get a subscriber reward now, they have to demonstrate exactly as much loyalty as they did the first time around. Subscription prices didn't go down or increase in value since then.

The loyalty that they had when they quit?

The loyalty that they had when they quit?

The loyalty to pay for one month's worth of subscription time, and get all the benefits of that subscription, plus an added bonus. If I subscribe from May 1st - May 31st 2017, or I subscribed May 1st - May 31st 2016, then in each case, I showed the exact same amount of loyalty to the game.

Put another way, if hypothetically you were to unsubscribe from the game, then someone who was still subscribed at that point but not subscribed during one of the reward windows would be dedicating the same amount of loyalty as you did. Why should that person, then, not, be allowed to earn the same reward that you did?

Edited by JLazarillo

I've never understood why this is an issue I could really careless if other people got HK-55, I've got him, doesn't bother me if other people get him and truth with as much complaints about dead servers and what not, even people on my server are now complaining about the low population, which really doesn't bother me, but it's like if these "sub rewards" were meant to keep people subscribed past these sub rewards it failed miserably, what's with "sub rewards" if people are just going to up and quit the game? Seems pointless to restrict others if these "rewards" are failing to do their job, and let's be honest, it loses its appeal after awhile anyway, HK-55 is just another of thousands of companions who we can get in this game to have to spend time getting the influence up on, after having 16 toons and 2 companions that no longer gain influence during conversation, Treek and HK-51, HK-55 has fallen into that "just another companion" category as has Shae Vizla. They are just companions whoopdy freaken do, nothing special about them so honestly just a bad idea for a "sub reward". Edited by DarthEnrique

Because even a pittance is more than "free", which is what I got it for. Seems to me like in that case, he's done more to earn the companion than I have.

Again, though, that doesn't answer the question of "why not offer it again?" Even if it's not available on the market, doing a promotion where they go "You can get HK-55 or GEMINI Prime!", then in that case, the same thing is done for the reward, and the person who subscribed both times earns more rewards than the person who didn't.

I just can't figure out any explanation for a player wanting another player to not be able to obtain something, despite meeting the same qualifications, other than pure narcissism.

it seems to me that you simply refuse to accept the reason.

That reason is the negative impact it would have on the effectiveness of the subscriber reward promotions, specifically the time specific subscriber reward promotions.

The loyalty to pay for one month's worth of subscription time, and get all the benefits of that subscription, plus an added bonus. If I subscribe from May 1st - May 31st 2017, or I subscribed May 1st - May 31st 2016, then in each case, I showed the exact same amount of loyalty to the game.

Put another way, if hypothetically you were to unsubscribe from the game, then someone who was still subscribed at that point but not subscribed during one of the reward windows would be dedicating the same amount of loyalty as you did. Why should that person, then, not, be allowed to earn the same reward that you did?

By your logic, the people who went to this year's Star Wars celebration be given the opportunity to meet the same personalities, get the same autographs, obtain the same rewards as those who went to last year's Star Wars celebration. They both showed the same loyalty, after all. They just did it at different times.

Sometimes things in life and in games are only available for a limited time and once that time has past, they are no longer available.

It's not the loyalty of paying for a month's subscription.

It's the loyalty of paying for a month's subscription at the time they wanted you to pay for a month's subscription, by offering players the reward to do so.

That's said, have the HK-55 and I really don't see anything special about him. Have Shae and the smuggler I forgot the name of, but lack that other droid and it doesn't phase me. Is it about completion? The chapter wasn't all that.

Will probably never happen unless its going to cost about $100 seeing as that's how many months you needed to subscriber for. I mean if i missed a subscriber reward (which i have) i dont go around complaining about not having it, even if i didn't have HK-55 i still wouldn't be complaining about it.

Those whom got it met the requirements, just like those whom have the collectors edition, etc.

If you didn't meet the requirements to bad you will not get it, there may be a reskin of an item later on (like celebration jawa from the anniversary vendor acted as the same for the achievements required for the party jawa) but when it comes to a companion its not going to happen.

Okay, I'm confused.

Why do I keep seeing 100 dollars mentioned? I have no recollection of HK-55 requiring any more than a months subscription.

I think because some also wanted the mission we got if we were a subbed for a certain period of time which was more than 1 month. (Jan 11 to August 1.) You multiply $15.00 x 8 months= 120.00

Edited by casirabit

I think because some also wanted the mission we got if we were a subbed for a certain period of time which was more than 1 month. (Jan 11 to August 1.) You multiply $15.00 x 8 months= 120.00

Ooohhh yyeeaaahh. I totally forgot about that. One of the few sub rewards I ended up missing.

I miss-read the requirements and didn't keep my subscription going when I burnt out. :rolleyes:

I managed to get HK, though, so I can't complain.

Edited by Moonstorm