explain me something...

AlCorazon

ok, now try it on a mara or jugg. are you just going to run away till saber throw is off CD before poking your head out each time to throw it then go back behind cover?

Oh, but you do...

Oh how I wish. The amount of times I've gone around the bend outside of mid on civil war or hid behind a pillar at the bottom of the ramps in quesh or where the heals spawn in voidstar as fury (so no lingering dots or damage outgoing), you have to wait till just before the next leap year to be out of combat.

LOL

Good, I'm glad it isn't just me!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, now try it on a mara or jugg. are you just going to run away till saber throw is off CD before poking your head out each time to throw it then go back behind cover?

It's a symptom of how excessively squishy PTs and juggernauts are that they have to play in this manner (ideally they shouldn't have to) but he's not wrong -- it absolutely can and does work in solo ranked. Your job is often not to do damage on those classes but to make the other team work as hard and as long as possible to kill you. Do this well enough and your teammates may get the all important first kill much sooner than they kill you. Not being able to saber throw while you hide/run really doesn't matter much.

Every single class in the game can do this. It's not a H2F heh. You have to sit around for 30-45 seconds to drop out of combat and than the time to heal normally. This puts greater strain on the group who are effectively without you during that time. When it is faster to simply die and comeback, that only makes this an even less attractive strategy.

Why people consider this a H2F in the sense it is taken in in PVP is beyond me. Everyone can do this, even classes with real self heals. heh

outside of classes that are intended for, and balanced around, having a stealth out to disengage the 5 second camo + predation combo is miles ahead of any other method of getting out of combat to heal in solos

Do good players sometimes chase you and kill you anyway? Yes, but definitely not always. Good players on your team also assist in your stealth out by CCing players clearly going to chase you. Not to mention, forcing a player to leave the team fight and waddle a hundred meters across the arena to finish you off is far more useful than what juggernauts and PTs usually do, which is just die right next to everyone.

p.s. it often takes well less than 30 seconds to get out of combat

Edited by yellow_

outside of classes that are intended for, and balanced around, having a stealth out to disengage the 5 second camo + predation combo is miles ahead of any other method of getting out of combat to heal in solos

Do good players sometimes chase you and kill you anyway? Yes, but definitely not always. Good players on your team also assist in your stealth out by CCing players clearly going to chase you. Not to mention, forcing a player to leave the team fight and waddle a hundred meters across the arena to finish you off is far more useful than what juggernauts and PTs usually do, which is just die right next to everyone.

That may be fine for solos, but that's about it. Yeah, sometimes you can pull off not getting caught by another player right after your camo ends if there are a few areas you can duck into fast, having the assistance of your team certainly improve the viability of that option.

In my experience the only time a marauder comes out of combat before 30s is if they killed the opponent. When you just get away from them and they are still active it takes longer, especially if you have any dots on you. Add to that time the time to heal up again and than first make your way back to the action area you're looking at between45-60 seconds depending on how far you are from the action area. That's possibly a whole minute your team is without your aid. Do that more than once, your possibly putting a strain on your group.

I honestly think the timer is 15 seconds or so and most people think it is longer due to combat effects like DoTs delaying its start. I often can get in a Channel Hatred between waves defending mid in ACW - fight off a rush and be able to heal up before they get back from spawn.

I honestly think the timer is 15 seconds or so and most people think it is longer due to combat effects like DoTs delaying its start. I often can get in a Channel Hatred between waves defending mid in ACW - fight off a rush and be able to heal up before they get back from spawn.

I'm not sure how to account for such differences. I don't doubt that you find it tends to be shorter, but from my side, I'm certain it lasts longer. I know that dots will certainly keep you in 'combat mode', but even when it's not the case, if I use Force Camo as an escape because I'm very low on health and the person I was fighting is still running around it still takes longer than 15-20 seconds. There was one or two other posters who expressed their experience is much like my own.

My only thought as to what might be causing the discrepancy and this is just a theory, perhaps you stay in combat mode longer if the person with whom you were fighting when used force camo if they remain in a closer proximity to you as opposed to them running off directly away from where you are. Perhaps there is a distance factor that at a certain point will take that person out of combat mode from you and unto another perhaps.

Just a thought.

I'm not sure how to account for such differences. I don't doubt that you find it tends to be shorter, but from my side, I'm certain it lasts longer. I know that dots will certainly keep you in 'combat mode', but even when it's not the case, if I use Force Camo as an escape because I'm very low on health and the person I was fighting is still running around it still takes longer than 15-20 seconds. There was one or two other posters who expressed their experience is much like my own.

My only thought as to what might be causing the discrepancy and this is just a theory, perhaps you stay in combat mode longer if the person with whom you were fighting when used force camo if they remain in a closer proximity to you as opposed to them running off directly away from where you are. Perhaps there is a distance factor that at a certain point will take that person out of combat mode from you and unto another perhaps.

Just a thought.

It's possible there's some kind of proximity thing. Note that if you have a lingering combat-related effect on them (or on teammates in combat, i.e. Predation) that will delay the timer start as well.

Edited by stoopicus

It's possible there's some kind of proximity thing. Note that if you have a lingering combat-related effect on them (or on teammates in combat, i.e. Predation) that will delay the timer start as well.

I can't you how many times i've died in a WZ and Respawned with half health and still in combat. Several times i've re-entered the fight without being able to heal myself up.