The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tier 4 Command Crates - Enough with the blue relics

Screaming_Ziva

Chance is a lot higher than most players here claim. They most likely don't even have rank 300 on any characters, I guess.

So basically you are saying "Their RNG luck has been different than mine. They must be liars, I guess."

Nice.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know.

What I was referring to is if, like many people, you hit 300 with a bunch of T3 crates still in your inv (I had 5-10), those are likely gimped for drop rate too. When I did that I started getting greens in those surplus T3 crates.

So, if you are approaching T4 and have a bunch of T3 crates unopened, I would advise you open them at 299, because I got crap in mine after hitting 300.

When did you get them? If you got them before 5.2 they remained unchanged. Only crates gained after 5.2 use new drop rates introduced by 5.2.

So basically you are saying "Their RNG luck has been different than mine. They must be liars, I guess."

Unlike most players here I have no problem using blue gear if it's an upgrade.

When did you get them? If you got them before 5.2 they remained unchanged. Only crates gained after 5.2 use new drop rates introduced by 5.2.

Unlike most players here I have no problem using blue gear if it's an upgrade.

Nah it's not that, I got them post 5.2, and actually was having excellent 242 drop rates. I mean, the five 242 relics were a bummer, but I otherwise did well for it. I was getting a 240 or 242 in basically every crate post-285 or so.

Since my main is a skank tank, I tend to save them and open them en masse because after I am primarily geared at a tier I switch to dps spec to open the crates. So I had over a half dozen T3 on hand when I hit 300. It turns out that was probably a mistake.

FWIW my T4 luck so far: I'm maybe 20-30 crates in to T4 and I have seen zero 248 and one 246. The 246 was a mainhand though, which is nice.

Well, I'm maybe 80-100 T4 crates in or it could be 120, lost count a long time ago:

5x 248, 1x 242, 7x 246, and pants are 244 armoring/enhancement + 246 mod I stole from duplicate piece.

Everything else I've got:

1x 248 Boundless Ages

Few 246 clicky relics and duplicates

Edit: 6x 248, 6x 246, 1x 242 and pants are still same.

Edited by Halinalle

Well, I'm maybe 80-100 T4 crates in or it could be 120, lost count a long time ago:

5x 248, 1x 242, 7x 246, and pants are 244 armoring/enhancement + 246 mod I stole from duplicate piece.

Everything else I've got:

1x 248 Boundless Ages

Few 246 clicky relics and duplicates

Edit: 6x 248, 6x 246, 1x 242 and pants are still same.

I did a few levels last night and had excellent drop rate and terrible luck: Out of three crates, I got two 248 drops.

Both belts.

I already had a belt.

To put it nicely, this did not improve my opinion of Galactic Command :)

I've upgraded all but three pieces the agonizingly hard way (UC, solely from PvP/GSF). This is going to take a while. Maybe I'll just switch over to DPS now and plan to buy my way to all of the remaining pieces.

Oh well. The Guardian alt I made for shiggles during the XP event is rolling pretty large off the grind detritus, for a character with like 20 hours on him - full 242 with a 248 belt :)

Edited by stoopicus

Chance is a lot higher than most players here claim. They most likely don't even have rank 300 on any characters, I guess.

First of all, 244s are good if you didn't get 242 or 240 for that slot. 244 blue with set bonus is upgrade for anything else. Armoring and enhancement are upgrades compared to 240. Yes, 248s are quite rare but getting one isn't that difficult if you keep playing. Difference to 246s is minimal. Chance to get 246s seems to be a bit higher than getting 230s at the end of tier1, 234s at the end of of tier2 and 240s at the end of tier3.

Getting duplicates or just wrong relics (248 Boundless Ages :/) is another issue entirely and has nothing to do with chances of actually getting purple or

The specifically said, that after 5.2 drop rates on better gear will increase, but only for Tier 1-3. They said Tier 4 will not see an increase in the higher tiered gear [248].

If it seems to some people that they are getting a higher drop rate in Tier 4 it isn't because of anything done to increase the drop rates, they're simply favored by the Gods of RNG.

I've opened 100 crates in the Tier 4 Range and only gotten 1 248 as a drop. Results in the drop rate will vary based on RNG.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I just opened 5 boxes and out of them I got 5 blue impants/relics/ear pieces all of which I scrapped cause its not worth putting an augment slot in when I already have 240/242 gear in the slot.

If I was working towards something it might be different but I am in no different state than I was before I started the grind except part of my day was wasted. Its a grind that has a 90% chance to put you back to the start which just makes it seem utterly pointless. Even more so as I can't see much need to get better gear, so I can sit on a dead server waiting for high end group content not to happen?

Honestly the gear drop rates are stupid, everyone knows. I lost hope in cxp crates long ago, and just open them as I get em. Right now I'm grinding GSF for components, and causally getting about one cxp crate every game (with double xp boost). If I add a cxp boost, then it goes up to about a crate and a half every game (12 minute games.) I get a crate every fifteen minutes (adding in load times) and I haven't gotten a piece of decent gear in about the last twenty crates. About to get my first piece of GEMINI gear from components though, which seems to be taking less time than waiting for crate drops (even though I have to win about 70 games of GSF to get each piece of gear).

Just did a Ravagers.8 crates earned.

6 blue implants/relics and the rest crap orange gear.

THIS IS F UCKING RETARDED BULL ****.

Lets start a petition,this crap rng fest has to be fixed.The sheer amount of fodder and not to mention time wasted getting the fodder has to be fixed.

Considering cancelling,the system is so f ucking stupid.

Just did a Ravagers.8 crates earned.

6 blue implants/relics and the rest crap orange gear.

THIS IS F UCKING RETARDED BULL ****.

Lets start a petition,this crap rng fest has to be fixed.The sheer amount of fodder and not to mention time wasted getting the fodder has to be fixed.

Considering cancelling,the system is so f ucking stupid.

A petition has already been started. You can view it by unsubscribing and/or not buying Cartel Coins.

29 crates

20 blues, 6 of them are relics

7 purples, 3 of them are bracers

1 gold ear

:(

Had something between 25 and 30 tier 4 boxes over the weekend ... not a single 248 piece and maybe 2-3 246 ones. This is so frustrating :(