The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tier 4 Command Crates - Enough with the blue relics

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I get a blue relic in every other tier 4 command crate. These are useless, please stop giving them to us so much.

Also, I don't know when the last time was I saw an earpiece or implant (of any color) in a tier 4 crate.

Since this is an RPG MMO, and the Devs want us to play more, and MMO's have always given us loot that i know of so far that is a gamble. We don't always get a 100% Ultimate. And i'm still a tier 1 with about 180 levels to go. Now that is rediiculous to me, my opinion.

I keep getting blue relics from tier 4 boxes.

It makes it so the grind becomes even more pointless than before as I just disintegrate them and restart the level 300 grind a fresh only to get another blue relic.

It wouldn't be so bad if I felt I was working towards something but instead shortly after opening a crate and deleting everything in it I'm back to where I was an hour before.

They are the highest endurance stat relics in the game right now, not useless at all.

If I successfully hammered in a nail and then received countless additional hammers in the mail, I would then say hammers are useless. Everything is about perspective, especially when it comes to RNG...

Edited by Edyn

Eli that was a pretty absurd defense, even as far as absurd defenses go. Even if it were true, the first couple would suffice, not the ongoing firehose of them.

Honest question: why do you feel compelled to defend this loot system even to the extent of trying to defend parts of it that are clearly bad, like the endless stream of blue relics? Or like when speccing Vengeance Jugg (primary DPS is dot spread) the endless blue accuracy gear? The absolute last thing you want?

Don't take this as an attack, if I didn't find you generally worth reading I wouldn't waste my time responding.

Edited by stoopicus

Eli that was a pretty absurd defense, even as far as absurd defenses go. Even if it were true, the first couple would suffice, not the ongoing firehose of them.

I personally use one of those 244 blue dps relics on my tank for PvP. So there's that.

Honest question: why do you feel compelled to defend this loot system even to the extent of trying to defend parts of it that are clearly bad, like the endless stream of blue relics? Or like when speccing Vengeance Jugg (primary DPS is dot spread) the endless blue accuracy gear? The absolute last thing you want?

Don't take this as an attack, if I didn't find you generally worth reading I wouldn't waste my time responding.

Maybe it's because I'm used to RNG from other games? I have an ARPG player background as well as an MMO background, so I don't feel like it's the end of the world when I get an unlucky streak. In addition, I only started playing this game 8 months ago so I'm not burned out on content like a lot of the posters here are. This works well with GC which encourages me to play everything from PvP, GSF, FP's, Up's, SM Ops, to HM Progression. I also diversify my gameplay by doing almost all of these on 5 characters (GC enabled me to gear a few of those much easier than I could with data crystals). Diverse content on a variety of characters = No burnout and I'm a happy gamer.

There are more reasons why I like the current system, like how even if you're unlucky you can still progress to the next tier which means you aren't tied down too much by bad RNG, more so if you do Operations/PvP/GSF. And like how CXP rates are at a level where I have a T3 geared and ranked character within 2 days of /played without doing any grinding or getting any help from my main.

I'm not here to sing praises so BW doesn't change a thing, there obviously are problems somewhere otherwise people wouldn't complain (I have complained as well). But it's too often that discussions here become echo-chambers instead of ones that take all the important factors into account. Call me a contrarian, but I believe BW can reach better solutions faster if we provide them with more well-rounded feedback.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I keep getting blue relics from tier 4 boxes.

It makes it so the grind becomes even more pointless than before as I just disintegrate them and restart the level 300 grind a fresh only to get another blue relic.

It wouldn't be so bad if I felt I was working towards something but instead shortly after opening a crate and deleting everything in it I'm back to where I was an hour before.

100% this.The sheer amount of junk in t4 crates is beyond a joke.Opening 30 crates and getting 1 decent bit of gear is ridiculous and don't get me started on the crappy 80% drop rates of blue implants,relics etc.

From a gameplay perspective it's putting me off gearing up my alts,1 to 300 was enough of a grind but after 300 it's an rng cluster****.

Update-3 crates 2 blue relics and 1 blue implant from a couple hours play.Totally worth it...

Edited by SentinelThain

100% this.The sheer amount of junk in t4 crates is beyond a joke.Opening 30 crates and getting 1 decent bit of gear is ridiculous and don't get me started on the crappy 80% drop rates of blue implants,relics etc.

From a gameplay perspective it's putting me off gearing up my alts,1 to 300 was enough of a grind but after 300 it's an rng cluster****.

Update-3 crates 2 blue relics and 1 blue implant from a couple hours play.Totally worth it...

Man I hate to break it to you but they know its bogus...They did it on purpose so they could say they were making a change and string people along for yet another update.... This wasn't an accident, they don't want people to acquire the next tier of gear at a reasonable rate...

They want you to pay a subscription for as long as possible with little to know work involved on their part...That is clearly the goal based off of their actions.

My re-up for one month will last long enough to hear the "Road Map" and the only reason I even care to read it is because of the New Producer...If it was not for that I would already know it's just another ploy to try and trick subscribers into a another re-sub... and make no mistake that is what they have been doing.

It was a mistake for me to re-sub for one month but its too late now...

Edited by Soljin

Man I hate to break it to you but they know its bogus...They did it on purpose so they could say they were making a change and string people along for yet another update.... This wasn't an accident, they don't want people to acquire the next tier of gear at a reasonable rate... They want you to pay a subscription for as long as possible with little to know work involved on their part...That is clearly the goal based of their actions.

My re-up for one month will last long enough to hear the "Road Map" and the only reason I even care to read it is because of the New Producer...If it was not for that I would already know it's just another ploy to try and trick subscribers into a another re-sub... and make no mistake that is what they have been doing.

It was a mistake for me to re-sub for one month but its too late now...

Oh yeah I know it's no accident,I would be fine if the drop rates for t4 gear where the same as the previous tiers.

But yeah if they don't address this I shall take my money elsewhere,simple as that.

Maybe it's because I'm used to RNG from other games? I have an ARPG player background as well as an MMO background, so I don't feel like it's the end of the world when I get an unlucky streak. In addition, I only started playing this game 8 months ago so I'm not burned out on content like a lot of the posters here are. This works well with GC which encourages me to play everything from PvP, GSF, FP's, Up's, SM Ops, to HM Progression. I also diversify my gameplay by doing almost all of these on 5 characters (GC enabled me to gear a few of those much easier than I could with data crystals). Diverse content on a variety of characters = No burnout and I'm a happy gamer.

Thanks for the reply. It's interesting, I hate this system for precisely the reason you say it doesn't bother you. I've been playing MMOs (and ARPGs of course) all the way back to EQ1, and I hated the random nature of endgame loot drops in all of them. Along with the cat-herding of prima donna guildies as a part-time raid-leader, the random nature of those drops was what killed the genre for me for years. Raiding is *still* dead to me.

I mean, I am talking about hating RNG all the way back to when we were OVERJOYED at the DKP system when it came out simply for the semblance of order it put on the distribution half of that. To be happy about something as tedious as DKP - that should give you a picture of how much I hate RNG for loot.

So, fast forward to last spring, when I started playing this game, a bit over a year ago. I was *amazed* at the choice-driven, relatively grind-free endgame gearing. It was a *major* selling point of the game to me, and super refreshing.

Then 5.0 came, and it was a boot right to the feels.

Edited by stoopicus

Are you saying it's trash just because it's prototype quality or are you guys actually comparing it to what you already have?

Yes, compared to 242 and maybe 240 prototype quality relic from tier 4 is trash. But how many actually got 240/242 relics from tier 3 crates?

Edited by Halinalle

Are you saying it's trash just because it's prototype quality or are you guys actually comparing it to what you already have?

Yes, compared to 242 and maybe 240 prototype quality relic from tier 4 is trash. But how many actually got 240/242 relics from tier 3 crates?

Five 242 relics in total, 1 fr, rest junk. Kept one of the others because was at least upgradable with ucs

Edited by exfell

As I see it, everything that everyone is describing in this thread is working exactly as intended... to keep stringing the player along in the hopes that they'll be lucky next time... wait, no, next time... ugh, next time, I can feel it... sigh, next time... next time... next time...

If BW actually cared about the players and their happiness in the game, they wouldn't have removed a reliable gearing system and replaced it with an unreliable one in the first place. Players were happy with a system of choice and that was taken away because it was "too complicated," and so the power of choice was removed and replaced with the whims of chance. Anyone who thinks this was done in the players' best interests... well... :rolleyes:

Edited by Edyn

As I see it, everything that everyone is describing in this thread is working exactly as intended... to keep stringing the player along in the hopes that they'll be lucky next time... wait, no, next time... ugh, next time, I can feel it... sigh, next time... next time... next time...

If BW actually cared about the players and their happiness in the game, they wouldn't have removed a reliable gearing system with an unreliable one in the first place. Players were happy with a system of choice and that was taken away because it was "too complicated," and so the power of choice was removed and replaced with the whims of chance. Anyone who thinks this was done in the players' best interests... well... :rolleyes:

What's utterly incredible to me is that some people still defend this crap.