Pls Bioware, make this game P2W already

sir_oliver

If you want to see the fastest exodus of any MMO to date...yes, proceed with this suggestion.

SWToR does not even close to have a strong enough game to leverage this type of model...Game would be a ghost town in short order.

eh i dunno man, BeeDubya makes a lot of money selling coins. I'm willing to bet there would be a large amount of people buying coins to get good gear, the masses are sheep like that.

Search BDO P2W and watch the videos of extremely loyal players turn on a game they love in an instant...

That game took a major hit and spent a lot of effort and time rectifying the issue...It has managed a recovery of sorts over the past few months and players are now returning to that game after some changes were made.

That game has more depth than any other MMO on the market systems wise...

SWToR minus the story element is one of the most shallow games I have ever played...No depth to anything and rather than add depth they abandon systems left and right to add more shiny things...that will also eventually be ignored by them rather than adding further depth and refinement.

Edited by Soljin

Forced long term grind with 100% CM CXP boost items and bolster 10 levels below cap is already rather P2W.

#Bolster244

Most call this Pay for Convenience because its just a time saver not an actual "advantage" in power/strength.

I call it under handed and greedy to Redesign the game gearing system to slow progress excessively and then attempt to make a profit off the players misery...

Edited by Soljin

Oh shut the **** up, the grind isn't that *********** bad. 230's and 248s there is barely a *********** difference. Stop crying and asking for gear to be spoonfed to you. MMOs are about grinding. if you think this is bad go check out ESO.

Lol! Man anything you were attempting to illustrate is lost... So funny. There is not a single part of your post that is not either...

A) Speculation

B) Opinion

C) *************

Oh shut the **** up, the grind isn't that *********** bad. 230's and 248s there is barely a *********** difference. Stop crying and asking for gear to be spoonfed to you. MMOs are about grinding. if you think this is bad go check out ESO.

Are we in 2007 back again?

Agree. Its better to pay 10$ then to waste your time on boring thing.

Okay, so you pay $10, buy full 248 gear, than what? What's the point of doing anything than other than PVP for fun sometimes?

PVPers just want skill vs skill, so it doesn't matter to them once they're fully geared, they can still have fun, but, there is absolutely no point in doing PVE.

PVPers may not need a carrot on the stick to enjoy their content, but Raiders do.

Gearing since 5.2 should have very few issues anymore, it's not longer bad. The only issue with it is that for PVPers gear differences can effect performance to some degree.

Gearing isn't all that slow anymore if you are focusing on one toon, no slower than 4.0 at this point and with a lot more options to gear than ever before. It's just that PVPers aren't accustomed to gearing like Raiders are, and now they are facing gearing like raiders have always had before, a slower gearing than pvp had.

If they Upped the bolster to 242 [or higher], or reverted back to the previous PVP gearing system, no one should have any reason for complaint. BIS gearing was always about grinding, if just in a different medium to PVP. BIS gear should not be easy to get, it should be hard to get.

Personally, and this is just me, I have zero complaints about gearing now since 5.2. It'll take some time, but as well it should.

Long? Yes. Boring? No. If it's boring, what's the point of playing at all? Fully BIS geared or not.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Okay, so you pay $10, buy full 248 gear, than what? What's the point of doing anything than other than PVP for fun sometimes?

Long? Yes. Boring? No. If it's boring, what's the point of playing at all? Fully BIS geared or not.

Exactly..... Why people want top gear instantly?

I play this game cause i like pvp and GSF. I don't need the best gear when i join my first wz.

Actually i like the new system of opening crates on the other hand i don't like when i drop exactly the same item more than once.

That game has more depth than any other MMO on the market systems wise...

say what? BDO has less story than WoW (which is to say, none) and seemingly very little depth. the missions consist of "go to this person" who then tell you to "go to this person"etc. sometimes on the other side of the damn continent (as if it was GTA) and you kill a few things along the way. Although I will say it's the first game where I've seen people able to make money so fast, I can see why/how some people would get addicted. I don't even know the "fastest" or "most efficient" ways to make money there yet and still you can just kill a bunch of random creatures for 5 minutes and go sell their various body parts for 20k silver. Except like 10m credits in swtor is like 1m silver there. People sell things for a shetload.

say what? BDO has less story than WoW (which is to say, none) and seemingly very little depth. the missions consist of "go to this person" who then tell you to "go to this person"etc. sometimes on the other side of the damn continent (as if it was GTA) and you kill a few things along the way. Although I will say it's the first game where I've seen people able to make money so fast, I can see why/how some people would get addicted. I don't even know the "fastest" or "most efficient" ways to make money there yet and still you can just kill a bunch of random creatures for 5 minutes and go sell their various body parts for 20k silver. Except like 10m credits in swtor is like 1m silver there. People sell things for a shetload.

You literally missed the entire scope of that game minus combat...Which is not target based and requires semi complex combinations for effectiveness...killing a mob in itself its exponentially more complex than SWToR....

Killing any mob gives the option to acquire crafting components depending on the tools you use or have available..

Did you try crafting? You can craft the best of everything in the game minus world boss drop set gear...

Crafting is extremely complex and some people literally only craft in that game and spend massive time online and offline just crafting...

You mentioned travelling....While you are out you can tame your own horse and then train it...If you are not fond of it then breed it and raise its offspring...Oh you want to grind..Bring a wagon along to carry your loot and put your favorites horses out to pull the wagon...

Horse breeding, farming, Alchemy, cooking, hunting, fishing, crafting ships and whale hunting all things people invest all their time online doing in some cases, they are a game within a game (That is some serious depth).... I'm sorry man you missed almost the entire game it seems...

IF I recall I did mention SWToR had the story bit covered...