Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

I don't know........ I've never asked for compensation for update delays.... but this is now getting a little ridiculous. CC is a currency made by bioware to provide various better gaming exp.... if this goes for a few more hours at this point, it may no longer be jerkholyien to ask for a little incentive for waiting. Edited by Seterade

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all want the servers up, I understand that. And of course this can happen. But as an EU GM I have a lot of guildies waiting, its 11:03 PM here, so our game night is almost over. Is there any chance we will be playing tonight? And will there be a compensation for all this? Cause lets be honest most people spend a lot of money on this game. EU players are always affected the most by your maintenance schedules, so it would be nice if I can tell my guildies that we missed a night of Swtor fun but at least got something in return. I normally never ask for this, but a few Cartel coins wont cost you a thing, but will make the players happy again.

Besides that,:) Good luck guys!

Nobody cares EU...

Amarika first and so...

(I´m EU player too)

I am still not tired of waiting for this to finish. The only thing that would truly piss me off is if when the servers come back online, we lose all our stuff on our characters and our levels. Just...... everything all gone. your stuff, my stuff, and most importantly....... my stuff. lol haha "Destiny 2 Trailer" :D:cool::rak_03:

Everyone should be getting compensation... This entire day maintenance / update / getting new hamsters are getting stupid.

If you cannot compensate with Cartel Coins, you should at least give people who are subscribers +1 day sub for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, May 2nd in order to apply Game Update 5.2.1. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 2 May 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.2.1

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Not thrilled by the delays, but the communication has been good, Keith's been doin a good job with that.

Spade a spade.

Haha. The servers have been down since 8 this morning. It's a quarter past 5 here where I live. Servers have been down for over 9 hours. That is pathetic. I can understand an hour or two late, but not 5 hours plus. Thank God I started playing WoW last week. If not, I would have been sitting here all day pissed off on my day off.

Well, I know this is just a game but it is the line of business and it impacts their customers, Why are they doing maintenance and upgrades in the morning. What happen to 2AM loads?

I missed those days. Servers go down at 2am Est and was back up at 7am est. Even if the maintenance was extended for 2 hours it wasnt bad. Not sure what they main reason for changing the times.

Not thrilled by the delays, but the communication has been good, Keith's been doin a good job with that.

Spade a spade.

9 AM PDT is noon here. It is now past 5 PM here. That's not good communication. That is 5 hours late. No one has done a good job today on their end. Just calling it like I see it. A spade a spade, right?

Everyone should be getting compensation... This entire day maintenance / update / getting new hamsters are getting stupid.

If you cannot compensate with Cartel Coins, you should at least give people who are subscribers +1 day sub for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Heh, how many Cartel Coins would be satisfactory? 1? Lets be real, you're missing out on maybe 50 cents worth of game time.

9 AM PDT is noon here. It is now past 5 PM here. That's not good communication. That is 5 hours late. No one has done a good job today on their end. Just calling it like I see it. A spade a spade, right?

no a spade has an actual purpose that it is qualified for...not sure I can say that for anyone involved with the patch process and customer notification.

Its a routine maintenance every now and then ( every fortnight?) By taking out approx. about 4 hours to sometimes 6 hours. However, incidents do happen and when they do it truly upsets people esp. when it isnt a huge patch or anything.

I have absolutely no idea what went wrong and as a consumer my level of understanding is to a certain degree, Seriously, you guys there might want to do this at a trial level to solve problems i.e doing smaller patches every now and then examples of 1 to 2 hours by making the fixes smaller. As the saying goes, you fix something u break something esp in games since i have been gaming for years. However, this patch does show that the problem solving and contingency skills are lacking in your department.

If you only planned to fix one item, i rather u take this server down for shorter periods. If it happens to be a free day for some people, they might not be able to enjoy and you guys might know that causes frustration and leads to exiting. Its common sense. At this level, i got vocal here and rant since this overdue timing happens rather frequently.

Please excuse if i was being rude and please pardon me like we pardon you guys. If you are a sub and this happens a lot. Maybe i want to reconsider my options. Please look into this. Thanks!

Edited by Theobias

Thanks for the more detailed update was is going on .... BUT :

I dont mean wo whine ... but ... you see in europe its past 10pm. It would be really cool if the downtime for maintenance wont go into the prime time in europe. You see it dont happen often , mostly the servers are back 4 or 5 pm. But like today there are days were european ppl just can play. They come home from work around 3 to 4 pm mest. Then they have to care for kids , their partner and so on ... whwn they want to relive some stress with playing this game they simple cant in this cases.

PLEASE OVERTHINK THE DOWNTIME TIME for your european fans.

Thanks in advance :)

What part of "the datacenter was down" do you utterly fail to understand? Bioware doesn't manufacture the servers that the game runs on. This additional downtime wasn't planned. I'm trying to use small words.

It's ok to be wrong. It's less ok to be wrong and loud. Shhhhhhhhh.

I kind of hope they comp subs an extra day of sub time for this delay since they still don't even have an ETA. NA is still early but at this point many EU players have completely lost out on a day to play.