Frozen Armor Lighting Effects BUG!!! Charged and Overloaded armors don't flow anymore

Therapsida

Since the last update "war for Iokath" I have noticed that the Sith and Jedi armors with animated lighting effects (Charged and Overloaded Interrogator for Sith, Charged and Overloaded Peacemaker for Jedi) are not displaying the lighting effects properly. I suspect other animated effect armors may also have this issue, but these are the only ones I have.

Instead of flowing through the "clear" or "exposed" areas of the armor like normal, the pulsating light/color effects are frozen. :mad::mad::mad:

In armor preview they flow, but soon as you apply that outfit and exit the character design window they are frozen again. This only started happening since the new patch. I didn't make any changes to my graphics drivers, and I never had this problem til now. And it's annoying since the lighting effects are the only reason I got these armors, I even customized matching lightsabers with matching crystal colors for them.

I tried deleting bitraider and re-patching, still have the same issue afterwards. Customer support said "re-install your graphics driver", but I haven't had any issues with the driver on other games and in SWTOR it worked just fine on these armors until the newest patch. Other than these armor effects, I have no graphics glitches in SWTOR so I highly doubt my computer's graphics driver is to blame. I suspect the patch... because in some dailies (like the CZ dailies) if I switch to these armors, the light effects suddenly go 3x faster than normal, then freeze up again! But nothing else gets speeded up, so I doubt my driver is the cause.

Anyone had the same thing happen with these armors or know a fix for this?

Edited by Therapsida
add more detail about the bug.

Even the dark vs light armors are affected

Wow that sucks. I was going to get the darkside armors with all the points I've racked up. Already have the darkside saber. Any idea if there's a thread on this somewhere or a way to fix this on our end (i.e. as players)?

Wow that sucks. I was going to get the darkside armors with all the points I've racked up. Already have the darkside saber. Any idea if there's a thread on this somewhere or a way to fix this on our end (i.e. as players)?

Not that i've noticed so far

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same issue. Animations are fine in the character select screen and the armor preview window, but no animations in-game. I probably wouldn't have bought this set if I knew it was broken.

It's not a graphics driver issue. Most of the masks were suddenly glitched right after they released a patch in January, and that has since been fixed. Pretty sure this is the same kind of deal, where these animations were broken by something in the latest patch.

Edited by Karasuman