Ziost Daily: Nerf or Glitch?

Ominovin

Just ran the Ziost dailies a little bit ago on my Assassin tank and discovered that probe droids that self-destruct before you can kill them are no longer lootable, which means you can't get the mission item from them.

Is this an intentional nerf, or just a weird glitch of some sort?

I've noticed the same thing. It really makes finishing that mission a pain. You fight the stupid things and get the quest item 1 out of every five or six encounters, if you're lucky. I like the Xiost dailies, their nice if you want something quick and easy, but that change in drop frequency is miserable.

The kick in the teeth is that since they explode before you kill them you don't even get the consolation of cxp.

I submitted a bug report for this because it surely wasn't intended. Right? It slows down Ziost enough that it isn't worth doing anymore.

Just ran the Ziost dailies a little bit ago on my Assassin tank and discovered that probe droids that self-destruct before you can kill them are no longer lootable, which means you can't get the mission item from them.

Is this an intentional nerf, or just a weird glitch of some sort?

i did this daily a week back, after a dozen special named probes activate and destroy themselves, it grew very lame. in total i got the 5 cores needed but i must of killed 2 dozen of these probes in the meantime, at the end i didn't even want to come back to ziost. it's a collosal waste of time when there are other daily and heroic runs that can be done a lot faster for the same rewards.

a tweak to the rng portion or making the probes lootable on self destruct would be valid options.