Unsubbed

Ricul

People need to stop making excuses for bioware and excuses for their own beliefs.. it does not make you right. It is not the players responsibility to transfer their characters every time a server dies, but it is biowares responsibility to do the best they can at providing the basic fundamentals of an MMO, which means people to play with. So what you wanted to go to an underpopulated server (the guy who transferred to a low pop server) it makes a lick of difference, you can solo all the content you want, and switch to any phase you want, on a populated server, nobody is forcing you to group up or play with anybody... but for those that actually want to group up, sell stuff on gtns quicker, have quick pvp, and be able to find flashpoints and operations.. leave them alone and let them do it. Those cartel coins are not free, you are paying 15 bucks a months.. it's obviously not for all the new content which amounts to about an hour or two of gameplay when they do add it.. So leave the guy alone, stop jumping down his throat and defending bioware at every wrong corner.. stop making excuses for them. Server merge should have happened along time ago. Let him unsub and give his reasons, it was obviously for bioware to see, not for everyone's pleasure.. I agree with him, I'm on harbinger, but if harbinger died, I'm not paying bioware a penny of my hard earned money to transfer all my characters, those cartel coins are saved up for things i might want, transferring is not one of them. They better find a way to get those guild ships and whatever else needs to be transferred over. Otherwise this game his run its course.. we went from what a hundred servers at launch, now to only a handful and half of the handful needs to be purged.. Might be time to give a window of closing, and work on something new, with a better engine this time.. go ahead and let people finish their subs out and close shop. I'd actually admire that if bioware owned up and did that.. just let everyone move on instead of holding a carrot on a stick in front of them. Sometimes for new things and new life to begin, something old has to die..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we might just be on the same page. The absolute last thing I want is for BW to merge servers. What I want them to do is populate the current servers by creating new and lucrative content to entice new and previous subscribers.

I really think we all want that, very much so. There's so much potential that's not being used.

People need to stop making excuses for bioware and excuses for their own beliefs.. it does not make you right..

Right back at you. Don't make you right either. You can also stop making pathetic excuses for players who have for over two years complained about no mergers yet still have not moved there characters. BTW, It is there responsibility and not BW's nor mine. I am responsible for one account only (well in my case 5 accounts) mine. BW have an obligation to protect all accounts if possible. So mergers should never happen unless BW can no longer afford to run all the servers they run now. They should not mergers server because some players are asking for it, as not all want it. Which is why BW offer a transfer system in the first place. So player can move if they want to. BW have even lowered the cost to transfer. You don't get to tell me which server I have to play on.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Right back at you. Don't make you right either. You can also stop making pathetic excuses for players who have for over two years complained about no mergers yet still have not moved there characters. BTW, It is there responsibility and not BW's nor mine. I am responsible for one account only (well in my case 5 accounts) mine. BW have an obligation to protect all accounts if possible. So mergers should never happen unless BW can no longer afford to run all the servers they run now. They should not mergers server because some players are asking for it, as not all want it. Which is why BW offer a transfer system in the first place. So player can move if they want to. BW have even lowered the cost to transfer. You don't get to tell me which server I have to play on.

You're all about handing out nastygrams today, aren't you? Might I suggest some lovely herbal tea? It might calm you down. :)

It is true that Bioware should be actively addressing the dead server problem. But there are issues like Guild transfers that they don't have the manpower to fix. A workaround is the cheap server transfer that is available for an indefinite time. Dead servers are really only an issue for group activity, so the few characters any player has that engage regularly in group activity should be easy to transfer. Transferring dozens of characters is not advisable as there are issues with overcrowded servers - Harbinger has been a prime example of that over the last several months.

Bottom line: One can make the best of a bad situation by taking selective advantage of inexpensive server transfers.

It is true that Bioware should be actively addressing the dead server problem. But there are issues like Guild transfers that they don't have the manpower to fix. A workaround is the cheap server transfer that is available for an indefinite time. Dead servers are really only an issue for group activity, so the few characters any player has that engage regularly in group activity should be easy to transfer. Transferring dozens of characters is not advisable as there are issues with overcrowded servers - Harbinger has been a prime example of that over the last several months.

Bottom line: One can make the best of a bad situation by taking selective advantage of inexpensive server transfers.

I might have missed it down the lines, but how do we, as players, know they don't have the manpower?

I honestly don't think BW has the ability to "merge" the servers to satisfy everyone.

Here's how the APAC server merge went "aka free transfers"

Every acct was sent an email warning them that servers were being consolidated well in advance. Back then we only had to rebuild guilds and change names. Now strongholds/guildship etc would be lost

http://imgur.com/nKxoiSv

http://imgur.com/1IitAEN

I do think think they can do a proper merger. Maybe complimentary transfers but this was before cartel market stuff. It resulted in long queues to log in to play with harbinger being 40 min to 1.5 hrs of a queue just to get into the game. Server was heavy/full.

You're all about handing out nastygrams today, aren't you? Might I suggest some lovely herbal tea? It might calm you down. :)

Prefer coffee. :)

However I answer a post using the same attitude as the one I am replying to. Sure of cause sometimes you can misinterpret a post or just get the wrong end of the stick. However he was the one saying we were making up excuses for BW saying "it does not make you right" Then went on to make excuses for he's side and saying only he could be right. While telling me I should play on the server he want me to be on! As such I think my post was using the same attitude as he's.

Funny you not complaining about he's post. Why because you want server mergers same as him?

I honestly don't think BW has the ability to "merge" the servers to satisfy everyone.

Here's how the APAC server merge went "aka free transfers"

Every acct was sent an email warning them that servers were being consolidated well in advance. Back then we only had to rebuild guilds and change names. Now strongholds/guildship etc would be lost

http://imgur.com/nKxoiSv

http://imgur.com/1IitAEN

I do think think they can do a proper merger. Maybe complimentary transfers but this was before cartel market stuff. It resulted in long queues to log in to play with harbinger being 40 min to 1.5 hrs of a queue just to get into the game. Server was heavy/full.

If mergers happen it should be for funding issues and funding issues alone. Not because some players are asking for it. As for any issues happening with server mergers such as guildships amongst many such issues. Well I cannot answer that only BW can. However these are amongst my concerns as well, just not my main concern.

I might have missed it down the lines, but how do we, as players, know they don't have the manpower?

True. We don't actually know. You are correct on that.

Which is why I only speak for myself. Still BW do read these forums as confirmed in several live streams now. Also post in threads. Just very selective on which threads they post in. As BW has chosen not to comment on this subject one way or the other. Something is holding them back from doing so. One can only guess why. While I will never think it's OK for players to ask BW to alter other paying customers accounts to personally benefit them, Does not mean BW should not give an answer to there concerns. I think because BW has chosen to remain silent on this it's not surprising when players make up there own conclusions as to why. Often it seems those assumptions over time expressly when repeated often get mistaken for facts.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I'm on the side of people who say that this is as much the player's responsibility to fix as it is Bioware's.

The first reason for that is that you are basically getting 600 CC every month as a complimentary rewards. And, yes, it is a free addition on top of your subscription. Your subscription is for unlimited access and unrestricted gameplay to the game, and it adds value to the subscription on top of that. 600 CC won't get you any serious amount of cartel packs in the first place. It's one or two command boosts or two gambling packs. Compare that to the value you get out of a server transfer and spending the free CC on the transfer makes sense.

The second reason is that, as somebody else has pointed out before, server merges are not an universaly liked idea. I'm playing on the Progenitor. It's not a highly populated server. I'd rank it at roughly medium levels of population when compared to other servers such as Red Eclipse and the German servers. And that's what I like about it. I can make a relatively safe income with crafting because competition is there, but it's not too much. I can find most stuff I need on the GTN for a decent price. I don't want to be merged into a big server or be thrown together with two others to create a highly populated server. Dailies might becomea drag, the competition from AFK crafters with dozens of characters might get too much, and I might lose some of the names my characters had for almost five years now. I'd be quite upset if I had to force a name-change because someone might have been five minutes quicker during the release week.

Besides, people complain that it is ridiculous that Bioware charges 90CC (~1€) per character transfer to get away from lightly populated servers. Blizzard still charges close to 25€ for a single transfer from a light to a high populated server. They even increased their prices from 20€ four weeks ago. Bioware's 90CC transfer prices are among the more human prices in the industry.

And being blunt: I hear people complain they have ~40 characters. I'll eat my pants if you play all of these as a main character. Quite a few of them are crafting alts or class-story alts, I bet. You don't need all of them over at once. You get 600CC every month. Bring your first six characters over - your mains. Put most of what you want to transfer on them. Then do it 6-8 characters each month. You can still farm crafting materials and credits on the other server, seeing that they'll be carried over one or two months later. If I had to transfer without spending additional money, I'd first move over my six main characters: My gunslinger, guardian, juggernaut, sorcerer, sage and mercenary. These people take the most of my schematics, credits, materials and gear between them. Then I'd move over every alt character over time.

Sorry, but there is no way that you can convince me you're in immediate need of 40(!) characters. If anything, I would argue that everything up until 16 (all classes on each faction) is likely for aesthetics and RP reasons, but there's no way you're in immediate need of 40 within a single month besides alt-crafting like crazy. And then there's the referral thing. You could have a few referrals and get close to 3k CC for free if you manage to find a few friends/players who click your link. Then you'd have them all over within the month for no additional fee at all.

Bioware has provided all the necessary tools for any player to take action. It leaves the decision up to you - do you want to transfer or not? And it leaves the people who answer this with a resounding "No!" with the option to stick to their servers in order to keep their character's names and identities. If Bioware forces a server mege, you'd see this entire issue do a 180 spin. People would go from "I want merges!" to "I want my name back!". Not necessarily the same crowd, but you'd just trade one problem for another.

There are a lot of players who don't fancy giving up their names, be it because they transfer to a new server, or because people with characters who had that name longer transfer to their home server. Until you can make sure this doesn't happen, server merges are still a highly contested idea that splitts the community.

And if you give Bioware the ultimatum to ignore these concerns or you unsubscribe, then cudos to you unsubscribing.

Edited by Alssaran

And being blunt: I hear people complain they have ~40 characters. I'll eat my pants if you play all of these as a main character. Quite a few of them are crafting alts or class-story alts, I bet.
Well, by definition a main character is one (if not THE one) you play most - what about people who don't have such a preference? Or switch as they see fit? Or enjoy the mix? I have 40 LvL 70 chars on one server, and a couple on another... I love all of those, they all have individual builds and histories. And yes: I play them all regularly. Which means: I don't have a main. I have one that is geared best, or advanced the farthest - but that changes, depending on my mood, current taste and requirements of the guild.

In addition to that: crafting is a central element of the game, and I have a legacy storage full of crafting mats. I have spent hours decorating my strongholds... a guild can't easily move... thare are plenty of reasons why individual moves are bad.

Oh, and cheers to the guy who is playing a single player game on a ghostserver... yes, you have the right to choose where to play, and individually your right is as important as the next ones. But in an MMO I suppose the probability of you being a minority is high.

It's not. You get 600 cc for free from BW. That's 3600 FREE CARTEL COINS. Free. That is 40 toons plus the one freebie with a referral that even a sub gets.

So since the transfer sale you could have transferred 41 toons FOR FREE. stop making excuses.

No, Those cartel coins are NOT free, I pay for them every time I pay for my subscription. If I use them to buy transfers, I can't use them to unlock collections, buy packs or whatever else I want to do with them.

I was crying for server merger or cheaper character transfers on the forums when there was no transfer sale because I was stranded on an empty server.

When they announced the new sale I "only" had to pay 1890 cc to transfer my whole legacy. Also I had to redecorate my characters outfits and my strongholds which took me some hours. I was not happy about it but I suggest everyone to do it.

I also support the idea that players should not use their monthly cc to pay for transfers only to be able to play group content. Group content should be part of the game they pay their subscribtion for. The cc are extra and are used to buy things of the cm or buy unlocks.

You get 600 or more with your sub. Transfers are 90. Quit moaning and be proactive. They won't merge servers as some people with guild ships and strongholds will lose all of their stuff.

Ps if you haven't clicked a referral then you'll get a free transfer when you do.

Pps you should have taken advantage of the bonus XP. I got a new toon to 70 in 2 days

Exactly....paying customers should have to manually pay and transfer all of their characters and work around the system rather than waiting for Bioware to fix it to make the experience more enjoyable for those left on the server.

It's not. You get 600 cc for free from BW. That's 3600 FREE CARTEL COINS. Free. That is 40 toons plus the one freebie with a referral that even a sub gets.

So since the transfer sale you could have transferred 41 toons FOR FREE. stop making excuses.

600cc when you are subscribed. Therefore they aren't free. You need to pay real money (a subscription) in order to get them.

No, Those cartel coins are NOT free, I pay for them every time I pay for my subscription. If I use them to buy transfers, I can't use them to unlock collections, buy packs or whatever else I want to do with them.

You're exactly right. We are free to spend the coins as we see fit. If people are like me, then they spend it on the most important things that they want. That could be unlocking an item or cxp boosts. I spent my Sept and Oct coins on transferring my 4 main toons from the bastion to the harbinger. I did Dvl on harb as well remaking my Jedi. I used the XP bonus to level my sorc to 70.

Playing on a populated server was what was most important to me so that's what I spent my cc on. I don't regret that decision.

You're exactly right. We are free to spend the coins as we see fit. If people are like me, then they spend it on the most important things that they want. That could be unlocking an item or cxp boosts. I spent my Sept and Oct coins on transferring my 4 main toons from the bastion to the harbinger. I did Dvl on harb as well remaking my Jedi. I used the XP bonus to level my sorc to 70.

Playing on a populated server was what was most important to me so that's what I spent my cc on. I don't regret that decision.

No ones telling you how to spend your CC. It's just that it's not the players fault or responsibility that they are left on dead servers, and it shouldn't 'be their responsibility to fix it, and therefore they aren't obliged to spend their CC to transfer. And even if they don't want to transfer, they shouldn't be ridiculed for a problem that Bioware created. Bioware should be the ones to fix the problem for the players on those dead servers by making merges.

No ones telling you how to spend your CC. It's just that it's not the players fault or responsibility that they are left on dead servers, and it shouldn't 'be their responsibility to fix it, and therefore they aren't obliged to spend their CC to transfer. And even if they don't want to transfer, they shouldn't be ridiculed for a problem that Bioware created. Bioware should be the ones to fix the problem for the players on those dead servers by making merges.

Bioware lowered the cost. Accept that and be proactive. Or deal with the dead server. They've done XP bonuses which aid in super fast leveling. Vanilla content is freaking easy. I doubt they'll find a way to transfer strongholds and guildships. So if you're of a mind where you want bw to get you off a dead server then you may be waiting a long long long time. They're providing what they can. Ask Keith during his roadmap discussion. Maybe he'll answer. If he doesn't then you'll either have to meet them 90cc which is less than a 1/10th of what I paid or accept it.

Prefer coffee. :)

However I answer a post using the same attitude as the one I am replying to. Sure of cause sometimes you can misinterpret a post or just get the wrong end of the stick. However he was the one saying we were making up excuses for BW saying "it does not make you right" Then went on to make excuses for he's side and saying only he could be right. While telling me I should play on the server he want me to be on! As such I think my post was using the same attitude as he's.

Funny you not complaining about he's post. Why because you want server mergers same as him?

You personally attacked me, claiming I'd said things I didn't say. I feel no need to explain anything to someone who doesn't even read the posts they're flaming people over. What would be the point if you won't read my posts, just throw out accusations and insults regardless of what I write?

You may want to ease off on the coffee, given your reactions in this thread. :rak_03:

Edited by AscendingSky

People just need to **** and do the server transfer if they are so "pressed" about low population. Why are people pettifogging over an issue when there is a perfectly viable solution?

The transfer is, practically, free for subbers; and don't tell me you playing 40 characters all at once. That's bogus. All of a sudden everybody got 40 characters on a got-dam dead server. DO THE KIFFING TRANSFER AND SHUT IT!

Hope that was clear enough for everybody. Now, who wants some tea? :D

Transfers are not free they cost 90cc in region, and 150cc across region PER character, and you also pay with all outfits and your strongholds need to be re-decorated from scratch, some people say this is the solution BW provided (bows). Eight Characters is good number for players who wanted to experience all stories, and try each gameplay style in group content. If you subscribe you cannot move them to another server because the "Free CC" you get is not enough, it will make you play TWO servers and you have to pay for another month, and wait for it for extra "Free CC" to transfer the rest of the characters in the FUTURE. The only free Cartel Coins are those earned by achievements. All others are credited to your account after you pay real money, they are not free and they certainly cannot provide you group content "for free" unless you have 5 characters only, or 3 for cross region.

When subscriber pays for content they have right to complain if BW does not deliver it.

I will stop you right there.

I will stop you right there.

Edited by BoySaber

I play on a EU server and in 14 days there wasn't a single invite to pvp or a flashpoint. The server is D E A D.

Now you release a patch with an OP and there is no chance in hell i could ever find enough people to play it.

Why don't you merge the ****ling servers? This is ridiculous.

Pay $ or play alone. :(

I completely understand OP's problem because my guild and I were on the same server. WHY do WE have to pay for

- losing guild structures

- strongholds

- GUILD ships (in our case -300.000.000 credits) + all decorations

- and more?

There is NO support. You have to pay to have the opportunity to play the game again. And you pay for losing the things your guild and you have achieved. That is not accaptable.