Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

Let's be honest, in term of companion returns, Iokath was a glorified alliance alert. I hope Vector gets a good return and hasn't been wrecked by losing the agent. I may never run my agent through the newer stuff. I can't bear the idea of Inari and Vector being separated like that.

Vector is definitely too sweet for his own good. I hare how his joining was contriveed by the Empire she they could study the process. At least he's happy as a Joiner.

Also, I'm sort of determined to see this thread explode like the Quinn thread. Vector deserves all the love he gets.

He really is the sweetest and more intelligent of the male LI - not that most of them aren't smart (Quinn and Doc in particular would put my IQ to shame I imagine) - But his way of viewing the world and his compassion makes him so relateable to me.

I also share your concern of how is return will be. It seems like they are going to return them now because they have to.

I wonder if Quinn was originally supposed to join you in the chapter with Acina and his return was just a last resort... Makes me worry for the rest :S But I guess anything is better than the one sided recorded dialogue.

And even with his politeness and compassion and everything (including the way he apparently attracts Cathars xD), he's still not a fluffy little softie. He's sweet, but not pushover levels of sweet. (*or naive, which makes his friendship with Lokin so interesting.)

I definitely had the impression that Quinn was supposed to be in that chapter originally. It was early enough that they had probably planned it that way, but could still easily scrap it when they decided not to return companions in KOTET.

Not a clue what they might have intended for Vector's return, if they got that far, and no clue what they will do now.

Edited by knoXr

Let's be honest, in term of companion returns, Iokath was a glorified alliance alert..

This is so true! I wonder if SWTOR suffered because of andromeda. That game had so many problems and struggled to be finished in time, that they snatched writers and everything from SWTOR. Maybe that is why they are so far behind?

I really want them to add more content for Quinn and Elara, so they become more meaningful. And I hope they give the companions that are missing a proper return.

And I agree that Vector deserves this thread to be just as awesome as Quinns :)

I really want them to add more content for Quinn and Elara, so they become more meaningful. And I hope they give the companions that are missing a proper return.

I don't know why player's attachment and interest in the vanilla companions seems to baffle the devs so greatly. It's like they just can't figure out how to read the multitude of posts here that outline exactly what would make the players happy. I mean, most of the posts are asking for the same thing when it comes to story and companions. I get that you can't please everyone, but there's a road map right here and it seems to be completely ignored. Seriously, they have a fantastic resource in the forums and it's utterly squandered.

As to Vector, yes, we need to make this thread a success. I mean, he's loyal and sweet. It would be a sad commentary on our society if the LI who tries to kill you has a more popular thread than the honest and loving Vector.

As to Vector, yes, we need to make this thread a success. I mean, he's loyal and sweet. It would be a sad commentary on our society if the LI who tries to kill you has a more popular thread than the honest and loving Vector.

Now I adore Quinn, but you have a point :p And yeah the devs seem to have no interest in these threads what so ever.

Bad Musco and Keith :p

Let's be honest, in term of companion returns, Iokath was a glorified alliance alert.

Sadly have to agree. :(

I really thought after we had chosen a side that then that companion would have come with us and not Theron. eg: if we choose imp Quinn came with us..

I really want Vector and other returning companions to do more.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Just dropping by to say I love you guys and I've been waiting for this thread. ;)

I've never seen Vector as a bug, tho. I think he's more human than anyone in SW universe could ever be.

I adore Merediths voice acting. And it's not just Vector, he's really good at voicing random characters, too. I would pay him myself if I could, if that's the case. :) Boo, bad EA/BW! You should treat that guy better than you do!

I don't know why player's attachment and interest in the vanilla companions seems to baffle the devs so greatly. It's like they just can't figure out how to read the multitude of posts here that outline exactly what would make the players happy. I mean, most of the posts are asking for the same thing when it comes to story and companions. I get that you can't please everyone, but there's a road map right here and it seems to be completely ignored. Seriously, they have a fantastic resource in the forums and it's utterly squandered.

I agree that Vector deserves to have a wonderful reunion story, so does Quinn. I'm hoping they've not finished it yet, because that would be disappointing and as you say a glorified alliance alert.

I have every intention of helping Vector's thread, because I adore the character so much and he ties right up there with my beloved Quinn. That said, I don't feel there is a need to make it a competition or that there is a need to disparage one companion over another because of story line imposed actions. Quinn and Vector are both very much loved, and I'm finding for the most part, by the very same people.

Edited by Lunafox

Just dropping by to say I love you guys and I've been waiting for this thread. ;)

I've never seen Vector as a bug, tho. I think he's more human than anyone in SW universe could ever be.

I adore Merediths voice acting. And it's not just Vector, he's really good at voicing random characters, too. I would pay him myself if I could, if that's the case. :) Boo, bad EA/BW! You should treat that guy better than you do!

Wait, he voices other (minor) characters in SWTOR? o.O Who? Where are they? It's fun to point out voice actors' distinctive voices - I've caught Lana all over the Imperial worlds (she's Science Officer Sakoal's unfaithful wife on Balmorra; Maiya Vix on Oricon; the Imperial doctor involved in Felix Iresso's personal story). And...Steve Blum is EVERYWHERE. I swear, you can't walk past two random NPC's and not hear his voice. Which is weird/hilarious when he's on the Odessen base, as a Republic soldier complaining to his brother-in-arms, "Admrial Aygo's doing the best he can, but we still need more soldiers." ...since he also voices Aygo. o___o

Anyway. That was a ramble. :D Sorry. Vector's voice actor is fantastic.

Now I adore Quinn, but you have a point :p And yeah the devs seem to have no interest in these threads what so ever.

Bad Musco and Keith :p

Exactly, you think such devotion and pleasant discussion would have been rewarded with at least one nice comment from the devs. It takes 30 seconds to post a nice message.

We have between the Theron thread, the Vector thread and the Quinn love thread, three of the more positive discussions here and the devs fail to acknowledge it.

I suppose they've grown to like the abuse they get from the other 98% :(:mad:

Edited by Lunafox

Exactly, you think such devotion and pleasant discussion would have been rewarded with at least one nice comment from the devs. It takes 30 seconds to post a nice message.

We have between the Vector thread and the Quinn love thread, two of the more positive discussions here and the devs fail to acknowledge it.

I suppose they've grown to like the abuse they get from the other 98% :(:mad:

Don't forgot the Theron thread to which has been around since 2015. :)

Wait, he voices other (minor) characters in SWTOR? o.O Who? Where are they? It's fun to point out voice actors' distinctive voices - I've caught Lana all over the Imperial worlds (she's Science Officer Sakoal's unfaithful wife on Balmorra; Maiya Vix on Oricon; the Imperial doctor involved in Felix Iresso's personal story). And...Steve Blum is EVERYWHERE. I swear, you can't walk past two random NPC's and not hear his voice. Which is weird/hilarious when he's on the Odessen base, as a Republic soldier complaining to his brother-in-arms, "Admrial Aygo's doing the best he can, but we still need more soldiers." ...since he also voices Aygo. o___o

Anyway. That was a ramble. :D Sorry. Vector's voice actor is fantastic.

Yes he does. Can't tell which ones, tho. Can't remember the names. But yeah, Ifans voice is really rare comparing to other VAs you mentioned. :( That's too bad, cause he could do all male characters in this game and I still wouldn't have enough of it. :p Well, maybe he could leave a tiny spot for Nolan North, too.

I have every intention of helping Vector's thread, because I adore the character so much and he ties right up there with my beloved Quinn. That said, I don't feel there is a need to make it a competition or that there is a need to disparage one companion over another because of story line imposed actions. Quinn and Vector are both very much loved, and I'm finding for the most part, by the very same people.

No worries, I don't mean it seriously. My hope is that massive interaction on specific companion threads will speed up the reunion process. It's probably a vain hope, but a gal can dream.

No worries, I don't mean it seriously. My hope is that massive interaction on specific companion threads will speed up the reunion process. It's probably a vain hope, but a gal can dream.

I hear you. :) There are still so many I'm interested in getting back. Dear Vector, Scourge, Doc.

I wish they'd realize how important companions and having meaningful interactions with them are.

Edited by Lunafox

Just please, I BEG YOU DEVS IN THE NAME OF THE MAKER, do not bring Vector back as part of a "kill one, get one free" scheme. The murder as fanservice nonsense is getting old.

Agreed. I don't think it's necessarily fair to anyone, seeing as there will always be at least one person who really, truly wanted one or both of them to return. It's a gimmick, meant to manipulate your emotions for a cheap dramatic plot point that, in the end, has no substance. And truthfully, there's really nothing insulting in the same sort of way as killing off a character people like just to get an emotional response.

It's that same sort of nihilistic storytelling that's invaded almost all other forms of media these days, and it makes me hesitant to actually try enjoying anything.

I started SWTOR with the assurance that none of my companions would ever really die- even if I gained some I didn't care for, I would still rest assured that the ones I did like were there to stay, so I was never afraid to get invested in the story.

With recent expansions threatening to take them away and kill them off if they do happen to return, Bioware is actively achieving the opposite- I'm less invested in the story, I have no inclination to play through their more recent releases, and I don't look forward to what's ahead. Instead I feel a sense of reservation.

These sorts of things are meant to be used sparingly, to make a huge impact- and you should never throw a character's life away for nothing. A main character's death should have meaning, it should have purpose, so that we as the audience don't feel as if it was vapid and empty. And in the past, Star Wars has always done that for me.

But now, I'm not so sure. They seem a lot more willing to cut characters loose, now, regardless of whether they were well-liked or not, and I just can't support that kind of cheap and tasteless writing.

Edited by SourOrange

I hear you. :) There are still so many I'm interested in getting back. Dear Vector, Scourge, Doc.

Thank you! Someone else who likes Doc! My jedi is still mourning the absence of her husband. She suspects Lana is undermining the search for him. lol. Seriously though, it's really cute how he get more tongue tied and nervous as the relationship progresses.

Vector is still my favorite though. I just fiind her irresistable. I remember when I first started playing my agent and how it seemed to take forever to get to Aldderaan so I could meet my LI.

Considering how much I hated the Dark Nest Trilogy it says a lot that I love Vector.

I just hope he hasn't gone evil and crazy and become the Night Herald.

...but what if the loss of the agent drove him to become that?

And his reunion is getting him out of that role.

Okay, nope, never happening because of all the work that would need to go into it. :( Still...'tis ripe for fanfiction...

Thank you! Someone else who likes Doc! My jedi is still mourning the absence of her husband. She suspects Lana is undermining the search for him. lol. Seriously though, it's really cute how he get more tongue tied and nervous as the relationship progresses.

Vector is still my favorite though. I just fiind her irresistable. I remember when I first started playing my agent and how it seemed to take forever to get to Aldderaan so I could meet my LI.

I do enjoy Doc, it'll be a bit sad, my main Jedi is romancing Theron, but I have my secondary Jedi saved for Doc. Don't know what I'll do if they ever make Scourge romanceable. Theron might have competition then. :D

I do enjoy Doc, it'll be a bit sad, my main Jedi is romancing Theron, but I have my secondary Jedi saved for Doc. Don't know what I'll do if they ever make Scourge romanceable. Theron might have competition then. :D

I like Thweon, but I feel like he's the guy everybody goes for now. I do have another jedi I intend to romance him with, but I much prefer Vector to anyone else. That being said, my main Jedi totally has headcanon where she and Theron were together but are just good friends. What can I say? Whoever designed Theron gave him a ridiculously nice cartoon butt, lol.

I like Thweon, but I feel like he's the guy everybody goes for now. I do have another jedi I intend to romance him with, but I much prefer Vector to anyone else. That being said, my main Jedi totally has headcanon where she and Theron were together but are just good friends. What can I say? Whoever designed Theron gave him a ridiculously nice cartoon butt, lol.

Haha :D Yah, he does have a very nice pixel butt, I have admired the pixels many a time. But so does Malavai. Nice pixel butts. I should make Vector wear trousers rather than those flowing robes and long coats lol. :D

NO!! I don't like bugs nor black eyes,

BIOWARE, JUST GIMME BACK MY BLONDE ENSIGN TEMPLE PLEASE,

(I want to see lana's reaction when my agent flirts with her ;))

Agent is the best thing in this game, just saying. I created my agent long ago, and never opened another toon again.

Edited by ShieldProtection

I've just met Vector on my 3rd agent. Awhile back someone in the Quinn thread, I can't remember who, mentioned that Vector's romance was very good when you argue with him a bit and don't take every flirt option, so I'm looking forward to trying that :)

I remember meeting him on my first agent, back when leveling was much slower. I'd been stuck with Kaliyo for so long and hearing Vector's voice for the first time was sublime. His may be my favorite voice in the game not just because I like the sound of it, but because he saved me from listening to that horrible brat any longer.

It's no secret how much I dig Quinn but I also played that first agent right on the heels of leveling my first warrior. It was a relief to go from one relationship that was all mind games and violence to, well, you know what Vector is like :)