Platinum items as drops?

I didn't participate in the DvL event last year. I can't remember all the details. Does that count?

I had forgotten about the DvL event and the DvL packs in the CM. I did not really participate in the event and I did not purchase packs, so I cannot say if the CVM packs contained the same items as those from the event.

I also do not remember how those CM DvL packs were advertised.

If the CM DvL packs contained the same items as the "in game" DvL packs and were advertised as containing items available only through the CM, then you have a valid point.

If, on the other hand, those CM DvL packs contained the same items, and were advertised as containing the same items and not advertised as containing items available only through the CM, there is no real equivalency between the CM DvL packs and the "usual" CM packs. If the CM DvL packs contained different items than the "in game" DvL packs, again there is no real equivalency between the CM DvL packs and the "usual" CM packs.

I'm sure someone who participated can provide more specific information.

, so I cannot say if the CVM packs contained the same items as those from the event.

Weren't items from previous CM packs part of the rewards for players that reached certain levels in the DvL event? Lots of CM items given out to players without anyone making a single CM purchase? CM pack items rewarded solely for playing game content?

Edited by JediRelentless

Weren't items from previous CM packs part of the rewards for players that reached certain levels in the DvL event? Lots of CM items given out to players without anyone making a single CM purchase? CM pack items rewarded solely for playing game content?

As I said, I had forgotten about the DvL event.

I also stated that I did not participate, so I do not know what those "in game" packs contained.

That said, it remains to be seen if making this new lightsaber pike available in game has a negative impact on pack/hypercrate sales, or if any drop in CM pack revenue is "offset" by increased subscription revenue from F2P or preferred players who (re)subscribe to gain access to that particular OPS.

I may be wrong, but I think that sales of packs/hypercrates that contain that particular lightsaber pike will be substantially lower than previous pack sales and that increased subscription revenue will not offset that CM pack revenue loss.

If there is sufficient loss in revenue, then this may be the last time we see a pack item, or any CM item, made available in game. If there is no significant loss in revenue, or even increased revenue, then we may continue to see CM items made available by "in game" means.