Eric lied, Gunslingers got nerfed!

Nandakorewa

Dear bioware,

NiM raider here.

Your dearest Eric said the following:

There are no Class balance changes currently planned for 5.2. I will keep you guys updated on when any Class changes will be coming in the future as soon as I have that information.

-eric

I was a saboteur gunslinger pre-5.2. And pre 5.2 I was pulling 10k+ dps in full 242 gear.

I am now 3 pieces of 242, 6 pieces of 246, and 5 pieces of 248 (including 248 blasters). So can you tell me why despite this I am now pulling 500 dps less than when I was in full 242 pre 5.2?

Any knowledgeable player playing gunslinger/sniper pre 5.2 probably realized that the specs were unbalanced on either faction. What I mean is that pre 5.2 saboteur gunslingers were pulling significantly better numbers than engineering snipers. And inversely, virulence snipers were pulling better numbers than dirty fighting gunslingers.

And that was okay, it was a "compromise" (despite the fact that this shouldn't be happening in the first place and that mirror specs should be pulling the same numbers on either side).

But now you ninja "fixed" saboteurs. But you did what you do best, you broke the spec. It is now sitting about 700 dps behind its engineering counterpart. Similarily, dirty fighting is sitting about 200-300 dps behind virulence.

And before all the white knights go check the parsley leaderboard and point at the current gunslinger saboteur parses of 10348 and 10138, those were the same parses pre 5.2. Starparse wiped its leaderboards with the 5.2 patch so all those ppl did was reupload their parse.

Let's not even talk about Sharpshooter/Marksman lack of viability in NiM level raiding...

As a person who mains a gunslinger, I am becoming very dispirited with all of this.

If we could get an official response here as to why the mirror specs of gunslinger/sniper are not balanced and now heavily favor snipers, that would be much appreciated.

I;d like to say thank you but I really can't.

So, please advise,

Edited by Nandakorewa

reading at your post , what i can understand is: your toy got fixed, and others got broken , but it was ok on the previous era (5.0 - 5.1.3) cause u benefit from it.

now its not ok because others do more dps on their broken toy then you on your fixed toy?

what you should ask is that BW should fixed all specs, and their mirrors - in any case its too soon to jump into conclusions since the pool from what u can get data from is only 2 days old. (but ofc it bw we are talking about)

also the parsely data is all there. just change next to "server" (on the right) the time from "live" to previous era.

Edited by Threjyan

Dear bioware,

NiM raider here.

Your dearest Eric said the following:

I was a saboteur gunslinger pre-5.2. And pre 5.2 I was pulling 10k+ dps in full 242 gear.

I am now 3 pieces of 242, 6 pieces of 246, and 5 pieces of 248 (including 248 blasters). So can you tell me why despite this I am now pulling 500 dps less than when I was in full 242 pre 5.2?

Any knowledgeable player playing gunslinger/sniper pre 5.2 probably realized that the specs were unbalanced on either faction. What I mean is that pre 5.2 saboteur gunslingers were pulling significantly better numbers than engineering snipers. And inversely, virulence snipers were pulling better numbers than dirty fighting gunslingers.

And that was okay, it was a "compromise" (despite the fact that this shouldn't be happening in the first place and that mirror specs should be pulling the same numbers on either side).

But now you ninja "fixed" saboteurs. But you did what you do best, you broke the spec. It is now sitting about 700 dps behind its engineering counterpart. Similarily, dirty fighting is sitting about 200-300 dps behind virulence.

And before all the white knights go check the parsley leaderboard and point at the current gunslinger saboteur parses of 10348 and 10138, those were the same parses pre 5.2. Starparse wiped its leaderboards with the 5.2 patch so all those ppl did was reupload their parse.

Let's not even talk about Sharpshooter/Marksman lack of viability in NiM level raiding...

As a person who mains a gunslinger, I am becoming very dispirited with all of this.

If we could get an official response here as to why the mirror specs of gunslinger/sniper are not balanced and now heavily favor snipers, that would be much appreciated.

I;d like to say thank you but I really can't.

So, please advise,[/quote

You're not seriously complaining about snipers, are you? This is sarcasm yes?

You are aware that saboteur was bugged and that's why it was doing better than it's mirror. What you may be referring to is a fix, not a nerf. Just like the bug that was causing Carnage/Combat and Deception/and whatever the pub name is for it to get twice the benefits from their stance [double stance], after three months they fixed it. That's not a nerf, that's a fix.

If/when they really get nerfed, it will be well deserved, I exclude MM from that, they are not over performing.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Virulence doesn't do more dps than dirty fighting btw, it may look like that when looking at parsely, but that's because more people play snipers and the top snipers had bis or nearly bis while the top slingers did not. I was the top dirty fighting parse pre-5.2 and I was very far from bis, I still had 240 offhand, 236 relics, and lots of 240 mods/enhancements and some 236 armorings, if I was bis I would've been pulling near the top virulence parses depending on crit rng. Sabotage double proc got fixed, not nerfed like many others have said.

oh? we can complain about bug fix?

Please give me double stance immortal tanking back on my sin. I loved sitting on a node with a single pocket heal and hold it. Or double ball lightning.

Its cool, bug are the new working as intended.

Not.

(in case anyone was wondering, yes this was sarcasm, no I don't want sin to be re-bugged ty)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.