5.2 gear and bolster

AlCorazon

So it just hit me..

SInce according to rumours we will have 248 in 5.2, will they leave the bolster at the same level, since they are giving s more gear grind, i think bolster should go up? Does it make sense?

They are putting it up, but in my opinion they aren't putting it up enough.

What is annoying ... i barely got to 240 and 242 on my main ... and another gear grind.... why on earth not leave it at 242, why the need for another tier without a next level cap or expansion?

This is why pvp gear was crucial, we didnt have this gear grind for pvp, and people that had no life didnt reign supreme over people who were just entering top tier pvp because they could get gear relatively quickly. The old bolster was fine for pvp. With top tier optimized gear you STILL had better stats than people just coming in, even if they were bolstered over top tier.

This is why pvp gear was crucial, we didnt have this gear grind for pvp, and people that had no life didnt reign supreme over people who were just entering top tier pvp because they could get gear relatively quickly. The old bolster was fine for pvp. With top tier optimized gear you STILL had better stats than people just coming in, even if they were bolstered over top tier.

PvP specific stats have always been crap and were designed to add an additional gear grind under the guise of protecting PvP players from Raiders in PvP. It is now and always was garbage...

Raise bolster to max tier and problem solved.

Open world PvP should be subject to gear checks as its a hybrid play style. Not to mention OWPVP really needs people to be able to randomly step in and participate to thrive. Having a bunch of max PvP Stat geared people wrecking everyone would not actually help...

DO NOT! bring back expertise.

Edited by Soljin

Bolster is 8-10 below max rating gear, just like it has been for who knows how long now (not including the brief period where it was set above max tier by mistake of some sort)

The reason this was ok in 4.0 is that you didn't have to play 65 PvP until u were max bis. Not 1 war. So really you didn't have to put up with the bolster problem.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

They said, once, that they were however bad news is it didn't make it to the patch notes :rolleyes:

Why does that not surprise me. I guess it will either be in the patch and not announced in notes or they'll wait for everyone to QQ for a month before they acknowledge they didn't do it because the pvp guy was on paternity leave. Then they'll say they are working on it and it will end up taking another few weeks to patch.

I can't see there being any middle ground where they put it in the notes and actually do it or don't do it and they admit they forgot and will do an emergency patch.

Why does that not surprise me. I guess it will either be in the patch and not announced in notes or they'll wait for everyone to QQ for a month before they acknowledge they didn't do it because the pvp guy was on paternity leave. Then they'll say they are working on it and it will end up taking another few weeks to patch.

I can't see there being any middle ground where they put it in the notes and actually do it or don't do it and they admit they forgot and will do an emergency patch.

Patch note update: Bolster has been removed. Now you can enjoy the full excitement of PvP by battling your way through vastly superior opponents to eventually take your rightful seat among the elite!

Patch note update: Bolster has been removed. Now you can enjoy the full excitement of PvP by battling your way through vastly superior opponents to eventually take your rightful seat among the elite!

I am so scared to see if you are joking or not. It's just plausible enough, given recent fusterclucks.

I am so scared to see if you are joking or not. It's just plausible enough, given recent fusterclucks.

Patch Note Update 2:

Due to the overwhelmingly negative response regarding the required time to fully gear a character in our new Galactic Command gearing system we have added the latest tier gear to the Cartel Market.

We added all the subscription time it would have taken to reach that level of gearing to calculate the price of the gear which is 5,000,000 Cartel Coins.

We chose this method to price the gear because once this gear is owned by a player we anticipate they will discontinue their subscription. We predict loss of the subscription within one cycle of gear purchase due to the other overwhelming complaint of the game lacking regular content.

Last one I promise...

Edited by Soljin

LoL.. they also announced they were taking away every class ability and replacing them with nerf bats.

It is said in the 5.2 Patch notes that the Bolster for all PvE content has been buffed slightly.

But I cant find anything about a change in the bolster for Warzones. I hope it will go up even if is not mentioned there.

It is said in the 5.2 Patch notes that the Bolster for all PvE content has been buffed slightly.

But I cant find anything about a change in the bolster for Warzones. I hope it will go up even if is not mentioned there.

Warzones

Increased the requirements to earn Damage Done, Healing Done, and Damage Prevented medals.

The Command Experience bonus earned for each medal a player has at the end of a Warzone has been increased.

To account for Tier 4 gear, PvP Bolster has been increased to item rating 238.

To account for Tier 4 gear, PvP Bolster has been increased to item rating 238.[/i]

Bump this up ten item levels and you would have it proper Bioware... This is not the gear grind you are looking for...Move along.

yah an imo Bolster need to diein both pve and pvp, and people need to learn there classes. they making the game to easy and now people unilling to learn there toons and mechanics and thinkg bolster will carrry them which exactly what happen.

if there has to be bolster it should only bolster people to basic lvl 70 gear. at least this way people are forced to learn there **** and learn mechanics

Edited by Kyuuu